The oil after cIn in the air over France 5

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

The oil after cIn in the air over France 5

by krissg29 » 03/02/06, 18:28

it is now!
sorry, I am a little late to warn but it is rebroadcast this evening on France 5 around 22 p.m. for those who have cable, DTT or satellite
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/02/06, 23:57

I looked at it .......... I wanted to warn, but I forgot.

It was interesting. I wrote down a few remarks, I don't have them at hand, the next time I come here, we'll talk about them.

Have a good week-end.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 04/02/06, 20:26

I watched it again last night because I missed some "ends" at 18pm.

Actually, it's about the post-oil era, but seen from the American side.
In summary, on the "official" American program for the next few years:
- intensive oil exploration in Alaska, to reduce dependence on non-American oil (in the middle of a natural : Evil: )
- improvement of coal-fired power plants with clean coal (??????)
- construction of nuclear power plants
- for transport, development of hybrid vehicles "made in USA" (it seems that the "Big Three" have some financial problems compared to Japanese imports)

Something I noticed on the show: petroleum products sold in the United States are taxed little. It's not a novelty! However, the fact of being little taxed forces them to follow the price of crude. And their heating bill, among other things, doubled in 2005. Which makes American taxpayers a little "cranky" with their government.

For the heating bill, maybe André could give us his point of view, he's a "neighbor".
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 05/02/06, 00:27

What I noticed:

1 - 50% of electricity comes from coal-fired power plants "sale" : Evil:

2 - No national effort to encourage pollution reduction. : Evil:

3 - Coal mines: have not changed for a century = the state of Virginia has closed all mines for security problems (firedamp = 20 dead in 2005).

4 - Confession of failure in Iraq.

5 - In August 2005, G. Bush passed a law in favor of nuclear power, which was unthinkable in the USA since the accident at the Three Miles Island nuclear power plant (ortho not sure) in 1969 :!:

6 - This nuclear law opens wide the doors for AREVA, which should set up 4 EPR nuclear power plants by 2015 (developed by Framatome and Siemens), which is good for France (economically).

7 - Nuclear power represents 80% in France and 20% in the USA (of electricity production).

6 - GM must produce 50% of its vehicles in hybrid in 2010.

This is what I noticed throughout the show, but I still don't understand what the "clean coal". : Mrgreen: :?:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 05/02/06, 11:41

This is what I noted during the show, but I still don't understand what "clean coal" is.

the same
if there is a chemist in the room?
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/02/06, 12:10

Hello,

on France 2, there was also a report on canada. MMh
Alaskan oil should only cover 5% of US needs per major discovery, so it's not huge.

Clean coal: improving plant yields and sequestering CO2, well I think that's it.
0 x