Daimler degreases his white-collar workers

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Daimler degreases his white-collar workers

by Christophe » 25/01/06, 20:53

"DaimlerChrysler decided today to tackle the administrative staff related to finance, internal control, human resources and strategy. The German-American group thus wishes to cut 20% of its administrative staff over the next three years, or about 6000 positions. "

Seen on: http://www.boursorama.com/conseils/deta ... ws=3204385
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 25/01/06, 23:18

You too are boring? ..... it can pay off, but there was some breakage after the euphoria of the techno bubble ... but we are better here to discuss than on forums of scholarship ... without bias : Lol:

This info is more about ultra-liberal globalization than econology. At Mercedes, they have a job to make small cars that pollute little, but who will accept in Germany to drive at 130 km / h on the highway. At 200 km / h a big Mercedes must send "big" into the atmosphere, even with the catalytic converter.

It is even incredibly contradictory with their ecological fiber .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/06, 23:44

No, I don't really bother (I wonder how much money I could make it) ... Only a few cool news there ... the proof ...

I put this news because I think France would be better off if it practiced the same thing ... and if it stopped favoring its "elites" ... paying engineers of 25 years (X, Mines, Central ...) more than € 7000 net per month (to buy their conscience?) I find that somewhere is ... how to say ... not really normal ... while those below ( the little engineers like me but also obviously the other professions) galerent to find a job, keep it and in any case to finish the end of the month ....

But let us remember our motto: freedom, equality, fraternity ... I take this opportunity to quote the passage which is close to my heart of the declaration of human rights "... social distinctions will be based on common utility ... "(to respect the environment ...)
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

yesh

by freddau » 26/01/06, 11:02

What I like is also the Hummer 2 which overtook me at 160-180 highway last weekend.

My tire displayed 7 L / 100, in any case there were people to take advantage of the aspi

C a little depressing
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/06, 11:23

Lol the hummer ben ca must seek between 20 and 30L / 100 in these conditions ...

How about this or the PSA 4x4? (and that of Renault in commercial response) : Evil:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/01/06, 03:21

jean63 wrote:At Mercedes, they have a job to make small cars that are not very polluting, but who will accept in Germany to drive at 130 km / h on the highway. At 200 km / h a big Mercedes must send "big" into the atmosphere, even with the catalytic converter.

It is even incredibly contradictory with their ecological fiber .... : Mrgreen:

Hello The Germans will learn like us in America to drive at 100kmh maximum on all the highways, and that since the beginning of the Eighties, finished the time to go up to Quebec at 80mph with a tank of 120 or 350 Hp, there is still no left hurt the powerful V400 Camaro Corvette, Dodge and many others, though. they can exceed 8kmh, they do like everyone else 200 to 100 km if they get pinched it is the fine and especially the demerit points, now there are radar detectors, the one still does not grip you with this illegal instrument.
The advantage of these regulations is that the reduction in fatal accidents has decreased (we had already seen this in the winter period, there are more sheet metal accidents and months of accidents involving injuries.
Something else to go all the way and drive at 100kmh on a 200km route that gives only 15 minutes of difference on the route

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/06, 09:57

Yes André but what is the average consumption of new North American cars sold in 2004 or 2005? 10L? 12 L? 15 L?

In my opinion even the consumption of the range of BMW or Mercedes (powerful vehicle in general) is on average, lower than that of your V8 petrol .... And this whatever the maximum authorized speed ... even if that contributes to it ...

The proof in France, it explains the decline of 1% on fuel sales in 2004: thank you sarko and his radar / repression!
0 x
popaul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by popaul » 28/01/06, 11:45

It is emphasized that it is not only Daimer who "degreases": Ford and General Motors also: -26% of the workforce at GM because the cars they manufacture are too greedy in gasoline, therefore less sales therefore less pollution: It is more difficult to say, but thank you the rise in oil and thank you to the terrorists !!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/01/06, 12:23

: Arrow: Andre

You know the Germans for them, they will take as a humiliation of not being able to drive at 200km / h!
This problem has been raised for 20 years and yet one would think that with Europe and the decisions taken in Brussels that should change ... but no.
In my opinion, the German automobile lobby is very powerful and then Mercédes (and BMW to a lesser extent) it is the mythical car used by the greats of this World (it has become well democratized ..) .. I think that German leaders will really have trouble admitting this ... it is also incredible because 30 years ago in Norway where I had spent holidays with my 1st 104 Peugeot, it was 80 km / h max on road and 90 km / h max on highway + compulsory headlights on and everyone respected under penalty of sanction.
Germany has become a unique case in the world I think, however in Italy they like speed (Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa ....) + an excellent motorway network and they don't have the right "officially to drive at 200 ... :?: :?:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 30/01/06, 20:36

Like what, the weight of industrial lobbies is important on domestic policy. In France we have the oil lobbies, in Germany, they have powerful car manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche) ...
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."