Program "It's already tomorrow" (C + 15/02/05)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Program "It's already tomorrow" (C + 15/02/05)

by Christophe » 25/01/06, 17:39

Summary made by a friend (his comments in parentheses) found on my hard drive of the show "C'est déjà dimanche" broadcast on Canal + 15/02/05 20:55 PM. It is quite instructive and realistic in my opinion ...

Fiction / Expert advice
> Plateau interview

hypothesis of the film: The companies and the producing countries lie on the figures of the available reserves.
In 2004 an engineer told a journalist about this story, but his chief refused to publish.

In the near future (2013): terros (Al Quaeda and GreenWar) attack oil reserves and pipelines. The price of a barrel skyrockets ($ 150). A speculator who rolls in hummer has bet all the money in his box on oil, he is happy.

/ Currently: risk premium of $ 20 per barrel (speculation on possible attacks -> drop in availability -> advance purchase).
/ Attali: Drop in availability around 2020.

Back to the journalist: She brought out her report from 10 years ago.
A presenter makes a CEO of a company crack down thanks to the old report (mdr), he admits that there are 2 to 3 years of oil available. The stock market suspends oil trading, the speculators box is ruined, everyone panics.

20 days later: more gas, riots and inflation (€ 12.50 for coffee), requisition of the rest of the oil for emergencies. Dismissal in all sectors that depend + or - on petrochemicals.

/ USA: 20% of the energy used for the production and transport of foodstuffs.

> Holland: optimists speak of 2040, pessimists of 2010, while in my opinion the truth is between the 2 ... (mouiii thank you for the tip).

> Poll "For the French, what is the most important threat?"
> 51% global warming
> 41% terrorism
> A few% that I didn't have time to see (there were pensions)
> 9% lack of oil

> Nicolas Hulot: As a politician, are you ready to place respect for the planet at the top of
> your priorities (and that it shows in the program)?
> Holland: Yes, in favor of an ecological tax (and a premium for those who pollute less). Measure to
> apply immediately: reduce the maximum speed by 10 km / h.

> Leclerc: In Brittany, 20000 fleet trucks are sold per year, this water mainly comes from eastern France. Piggyback is 60% more expensive than road. If we pay, the truckers are damaged and block the country. What are we doing ?

> Holland: It is the state which must lower the cost (appropriate networks, additional tax for truck drivers).

> The current minister arrives (hervé guémard):
> - What encouraged the purchase of 4x4s was the removal of the sticker by your government ...

> Holland: - So you are in favor of restoring the sticker? (+ usual political blah)

> The presenter: 100 Téra ... oula it's complicated ... 100 TWh of wind potential in France, why are we late?
> Holland: we have to increase wind power to 10 MW in 000 years (most of it at sea), remove administrative obstacles (5 years to install a wind turbine).

> A guy (I haven't seen who): Was France wrong to close its coal mines? (maisheuuu)

> Holland: If the oil is finished, we will return to coal by exploding pollution rates, it's not ideal ...

> Holland: What is politics for? To make courageous choices! (lol)

2 years later: it calms down, unemployment is absorbed (more than 31%), the cholera epidemic too. Hummer pulled by 2 cannassons ...

The future: the supercolza (genetically modified rapeseed) planted in the Sahara (1 € per ha).
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 25/01/06, 18:30

I would add:
The peasants can no longer produce normally, it is necessary to return to a local market as it is currently done in the countries of the East.
The lack of food is sorely felt and it is in the countryside that we are still doing the best.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!