49 voluntary reapers relaxed! Victory !!!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 12/12/05, 09:45

Released Friday evening on the Nouvel Obs website.
http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/societe/20051209.OBS8299.html

The Orleans Criminal Court recognized the merits of the "state of necessity" of their action.

T he 49 "voluntary reapers" prosecuted for the mowing of plots of genetically modified corn in the Loiret in 2004 and 2005 were released on Friday, December 9 by the correctional court of Orleans which recognized the merits of "the state of necessity "of their action.
According to the court, the defendants "provided evidence that they (had) committed an offense of willful degradation of the property of others in a meeting, in response to the state of necessity which results from the danger of uncontrolled dissemination of genes from the genetically modified organisms, the dissemination of which had been authorized by French law, contrary to European constitutional law ".

Monsanto plots

The 49 defendants were prosecuted for "serious deterioration of the property of others committed in a meeting", in this case plots seeded by the American agrochemical giant Monsanto.
On October 28, after the trial which had lasted two days, the prosecutor Alex Perrin had requested sentences of three months in prison suspended to three months firm. The judgment had been put under advisement.

Forty-four of them were prosecuted for mowing committed on August 14, 2004 in Greneville-en-Beauce. Five others, as well as three from the group of 44, also responded to another action carried out on July 7, 2005 in Greneville-en-Beauce and Neuville-aux-Bois. Monsanto had filed a complaint against the two mowing.

"Emergency state"

"I insist on the urgency of the situation and the risk of irreversibility. I would like not to be there, but I see no other solutions than our actions since there is no debate" on the genetically modified organisms, said Francine Bavay, elected Greens and vice-president of the Ile-de-France region, at the helm of the court.
With GMOs, "we put the cart before the horse. I am an engineer, a researcher and I know that the delay in a decision creates disasters. It is our responsibility to alert," added the green elected in court Correctional.

The Peasant Confederation welcomes

The Confédération Paysanne welcomed the court's decision on Friday.
"This important victory strengthens the determination of the Confédération Paysanne and of the organizations which oppose GMOs to continue the fight against Monsanto and the multinationals which want to impose on society industrial agriculture without peasants, of which GMOs are an essential component", said the agricultural union in a press release.

Mamma applauds

Noël Mamère, deputy mayor of Bègles in Gironde, applauded this judgment.
"It is a great victory, the first of the voluntary reapers before the courts," declared the deputy, himself prosecuted in Toulouse for mowing GMOs.
"This proves that the fight of the reapers is just and must be continued until the transnationals of agro-chemistry capitulate before the force of law and society," he said, wishing "that this historic decision has an impact on policies and that France finally accepts to debate this question which threatens biodiversity ".

Finally a court decision recognizing the right of the reapers and the need for their action (Strongly such a legal success for the HVB).

To conclude :

:D YEEEPEEEE!! :D : Mrgreen:
: Twisted: We go all in ... these bag in ... which make money in ni ... the people by all t ... !!!! : Twisted:
: Lol:

It was the very good news of Monday morning. :D
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: 49 voluntary reapers relaxed! Victory !!!

by Bibiphoque » 12/12/05, 10:38

Rulian wrote:...

Finally a court decision recognizing the right of the reapers and the necessity of their action.Strongly such a legal success for the HVB).

It was the very good news of Monday morning. :D

Hello,
This is exactly the first reflection that came to me when I heard the news !! 8)

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/12/05, 14:36

I am delighted with you about a court decision (of a judge?) Which finally goes in the right direction. Which finally takes into account the aspiration and the wish of the good people that we are, more manipulated than decision-makers.
The positive fact is that this is the first time that a judge has done so.

However, I read in the local duck relating this judgment that:
1- The Orleans Criminal Court recognized the merits of the "state of necessity" of their action (which is a new interpretation of the law, with a broader vision); which allows the good judge to acquit the 40 reapers of a conviction for “offense of willful degradation of the property of others in a meeting”.

2- But our 40 volunteers will be "broke", because that does not exempt them from compensating Monsanto, for the damage caused by a fine of 7000 € (the tenth that Monsanto claimed).

3- That MONSANTO and LE PARQUET appealed, only 2 hours after this judgment of a judge.

It is not beautiful! Chirac can go and give ecological lessons in the world and advocate the precautionary principle in all directions, when his minister intervenes so quickly in the other direction…

Another interesting fact, significant from the manipulation of the media and public opinion: “Rejoice good people at the approach of Christmas! Justice has heard you! How beautiful is that? ". It goes around the media, greenery officials: "We won! ".
While we are knowingly ignoring the others expected from the judgment, and the prosecution immediately appealed this decision ...

For Christmas, there is even better: the vote by our deputies of the DADVSI law.

Gegyx
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/12/05, 22:10

So what ! No reaction? To my summary of the article in "The Republic of the Center", Friday, December 9, about this judgment.
What do the great thinkers of Econology think, after my development, following this announced victory?
Is this not an obvious example of the manipulation of the media and / or politicians on the good people? There has been no corrigendum as far as I know ..
Gegyx
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/12/05, 08:55

I agree with you that the judicial victory is not total. But it's still quite a step forward. The € 7000 will not change much.

When Monsanto was called, it was predictable. We will see if it is accepted or rejected, and the verdict of the possible appeal trial. But the success of the approach is not guaranteed for Monsanto.

I think that the mowers have finally managed to make a nice big scratch on the beautiful shiny bodywork of the GMO firms. : Twisted:
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 14/12/05, 11:29

it is even a sacred sign of decay if it must be the judiciary that changes the laws ....

the legislative power is badly gangrené by aristo in flannel which take us for cattle ...

TO BASTILLE CITIZENS !!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/12/05, 15:14

bob_isat wrote:
TO BASTILLE CITIZENS !!

Well there was Bastille : Mrgreen:

Unless you want to assault the metro station : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 01/07/06, 10:58

yes, there is no justice! if it continues it risks farting!
dark side, is it edgare? (also from star wars) read you well :D
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 01/07/06, 12:03

for cassation, it may be the same, after it is the European court, there it will be something else! :D for the car sticker, it was deleted like that! (comes from an individual!) but that is not said !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/07/06, 12:09

I would like to have the opinion of anti-GMO on 2 points:

1) There is a rumor that the peasant confederation is supported by Monsanto to limit the development of GMOs by Europeans and allow Monsanto to keep control of technology. From a lobbying point of view this reasoning is correct ... from an ethical and logical point of view it is much less so since the great enemy of conf. it's Monsanto precisely ... But there is also Pearl Harbor and 9/11 ... it's a classic technique among ricans to organize their own staging to pass for victims in order to defend their longer-term interests ...

2) What do you think of GMOs for therapeutic purposes?
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."