totalitarian architecture, they will destroy Mecca!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

totalitarian architecture, they will destroy Mecca!

by sen-no-sen » 09/02/13, 17:51

No it's not a joke, but a reality!
Although not a Muslim (but deeply attached to World Heritage) I was amazed at the news:

The sacred mosque of Islam should soon be destroyed to make room for a kind of concrete stadium ... only the Kaaba will be spared ...

Saudi Arabia destroys vestiges of Islam in indifference

"Imagine that the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem is being razed and replaced by an ultramodern concrete building in the shape of a spaceship ... Christians around the world would revolt and not allow ... And they would have massive support from politicians and intellectuals horrified by the prospect of such an act of cultural vandalism. "Thus begins the article of the Telegraph which explains that Saudi Arabia is destroying in the two largest holy cities of the Islam, Mecca and Medina, vestiges of an inestimable historical value in the most total indifference ... in particular of the Moslem world.

"In Mecca, the house of one of the Prophet Muhammad's wives was demolished to make room for public toilets. And his birthplace could also be wiped off the map to allow for the completion of a grandiose Grand Mosque real estate project alongside a shopping center and skyscrapers, "writes The Telegraph.

In Medina, an article by The Independent reveals a megalomaniac plan to raze three mosques of the 7th century. "Ten years ago, a mosque belonging to the Prophet's grandson was blown up. Photos of this demolition were taken secretly and taken out of the country showing the Saudi religious police celebrating the destruction, "writes The Independent. These destructions are carefully calculated. They aim at transforming the pilgrimage sites into luxury tourist resorts with hotels and businesses and are also linked to the fact that the Wahabite sect, which conquered Mecca in 1924 and runs Saudi Arabia, wants to leave an indelible mark on the holy places of which she has custody. It also intends to prevent too much revulsion of buildings related to the prophet leading to idolatry.

But the real question is why no one protests, manifests, rises in the Muslim world against the disappearance of an irreplaceable historical and religious heritage. The same Muslim world "that ignites when Israeli archaeologists undertake any research around the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem, the third holy place of Islam," writes The Telegraph.

The answer according to the British daily is that attacking Israel is easy and that Saudi Arabia is scared by its economic, financial and spiritual weight. The West is not more courageous. The large exhibition at the British Museum in London on the pilgrimage to Mecca held from January to April 2012 made no mention of works and real estate projects. It does not even signal the construction of this great modern tower that disfigures the site, the second tallest tower in the world that rises to 600 meters and whose clock-shaped top evokes a distorted "Big Ben" of London. It is built right next to the Kaaba, the black cube that is the center of the most sacred devotions of Islam ...

http://www.slate.fr/lien/64353/islam-arabie-saoudite-mecque-medine-detruit-vestiges

The work will be carried out by ... the company Ben Laden(Sic!):

The Bin Laden company will "turn Mecca into Las Vegas" (...) "Building towers around the mosque is a lucrative investment" Hatoon Al-Fassi is a native of Mecca and a professor of history at the university of King Saud in Riyadh. The work in progress at the moment officially aims to enlarge the esplanade where the pilgrims turn around the Kaaba [the cube which is in the middle of the Sacred Mosque, editor's note] to be able to accommodate a greater number of faithful [ the works would make it possible to receive 220 pilgrims per hour, against 000 today, editor's note]. But above the new galleries will be built towers which will house hotels, restaurants and shopping centers. We already know what the mosque will look like after this work. In 2010 already, mosques dating from the time of the Prophet were destroyed to allow the construction of the Clock Tower [the second tallest tower in the world, it is in the middle of a hotel complex whose buildings count between 42 and 48 floors]. If we utter a cry of alarm, it is because we are not at the first destruction of Muslim remains. For thirty years, the expansion of the mosque has already caused the destruction of two-thirds of the historic site. The Ottoman galleries are the main remnant of the last third. There is already no trace of the houses of the companions of the Prophet, nor of mosques like those of Khaled Ibn al-Walid, which dated from the first years of the Islamic era. And if the house where the Prophet was born was turned into a library, other places were less fortunate: Khadija's house, for example, the Prophet's first wife and the mother of her children, was destroyed to make room for public toilets!
http://observers.france24.com/fr/content/20121128-l%E2%80%99entreprise-ben-laden-va-transformer-mecque-las-vegas[/ Quote]

Small propaganda video:
http://piedlabiche.tumblr.com/post/495635485/la-mecque-2040-le-projet-dextension-de-la-ville

Worse it is actually 95% of the historic buildings of Saudi Arabia that have been demolished by the Wahhabi regime during the last 20 years!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Fredj94
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Fredj94 » 15/05/14, 17:03

Hello,

In fact, Mecca is constantly evolving and works are being done throughout the year to develop this holy place and make it more accessible to Muslims. This place seeks to expand to increase its capacity to accomodate the pilgrims of the whole world.

Hotels and shopping centers must also be put in place ...

Here is normally what is planned for 2020:

Fredj
0 x
Webmaster of hajj 2014
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/05/14, 19:27

Fredj94 wrote:Hello,

In fact, Mecca is in constant evolution and work is being done throughout the year to develop this holy place and make it more accessible to Muslims. This place seeks to expand to increase its capacity to accomodate the pilgrims of the whole world.

Hotels and shopping centers must also be put in place ...

Here is normally what is planned for 2020:

Fredj

Hello Fredj and welcome to the forum.

If we decided in France to demolish Notre Dame de Paris (eg) to increase the capacity of reception, I do not think it would be the taste of the French!
Nearly 95% of the sites of historical Islam have been destroyed in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, I say destroyed and not renovated!

The recent construction of the Abraj Al Bait Towers clearly demonstrates the "philosophical" position of the rulers: to turn a holy place into an amusement park surrounded by the symbols of the all-powerful merchant totalitarian system, the new God of this world!

This project only aims to dilute Islam in globalism ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/01/15, 11:24

Small "up".

Fifty years later no one could describe Mecca as ancient or even associate the notion of beauty with the holiest city of Islam. Pilgrims who perform the hajj this week may look in vain for traces of the history of Mecca.

The dominant architectural site of the city is no longer the Sacred Mosque where is the Kaaba, the symbolic center of all the Muslims of the world. It is now the odious hotel "Makkah Royal Clock Tower" which, from the top of its 600 meters, is one of the tallest buildings in the world. It is part of the gigantic development of skyscrapers that includes luxury shopping centers and hotel-restaurants for the very rich. The horizon is no longer dominated by the imposing silhouette of the peaks that surrounded the city. The old mountains have been smoothed. The city is now surrounded by rectangular concrete and steel structures, an amalgam between Disneyland and Las Vegas.

The "guardians" of the Holy City, the leaders of Saudi Arabia and the religious who accompany them have a deep hatred of history. They want everything to look new. Meanwhile, the sites are multiplying to accommodate the growing number of pilgrims, nearly 3 million today (against 200 000 in the 60 years).

The initial phase of the destruction of Mecca began in the middle of the 1970 years and I witnessed it. Countless ancient buildings, including the Bilal Mosque, dating from the time of Prophet Muhammad, were razed to the ground. The old Ottoman houses, with their elegant moucharabiehs and elaborately carved doors, were replaced by ugly "modern" houses. Over the years, Mecca has been transformed into a "modern" city with wide multi-lane roads, spaghetti-shaped motorway interchanges and eye-catching hotels and malls.

Mecca is a microcosm of the Muslim world. What happens to and in the city has a profound impact on Muslims all over the world. The spiritual heart of Islam has become an ultra-modern and monolithic enclave where difference is not tolerated, where history makes no sense and where consumerism is omnipresent. It is therefore not surprising that literalism and the murderous interpretations of Islam associated with it have become so dominant in Muslim countries.

http://mejliss.com/destruction-mecque

The last passage is quite enlightening on the stranglehold of the "system" on the Muslim religion, it is therefore very easy to understand what is happening and why ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/01/15, 11:39

This echoes my recent analysis which showed that the Western ideal has now invaded the whole of the world and that the protest under the banner of Islam is only a paradoxical vector of this aspiration to "market modernity". ..
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/01/15, 11:58

Ahmed wrote:This echoes my recent analysis which showed that the Western ideal has now invaded the whole of the world and that the protest under the banner of Islam is only a paradoxical vector of this aspiration to "market modernity". ..

Yes very fair!
From a systemic point of view it is interesting to note "how the system" * was able to extract through numerous retro-actions (cultural and economic) the most violent fringe of Islam to turn it against liberal democracies , which is now working to combat violence through a set of measures that only strengthen the global edifice.

* I speak of the system like a person… that it is obviously not, since “its presence” is virtual, but its hegemony is total!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/15, 12:13

Can we condemn religious consumerism?

Most other religions do the same and take advantage of religious tourism (at least it does not prohibit!): Lourdes, Vatican ... my culture of holy places is rather limited!

What is condemnable and sad is the destruction of historic and sacred buildings ... But that is "their" business (they would have done better to revolt against that rather than against some caricatures ... maybe the have they done but in the indifference of our media ??)

And the new Hotel, frankly that it is ugly: it looks like Gotham City Hotel with a Stalinist touch!

ps: the insult "Dog of Capitalist" loses some of its credibility ... : Cheesy:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 22/01/15, 12:40

Christophe wrote:Can we condemn religious consumerism?

There is a passage from the New Testament where Jesus "is not very happy" with the merchants of the temple ... : Lol:
It is a rather symbolic passage that demonstrates how easy it is for humans to want to haggle, including things that belong to the sacred.

What is condemnable and sad is the destruction of historic and sacred buildings ... But that is "their" business (they would have done better to revolt against that rather than against some caricatures ... maybe the have they done but in the indifference of our media ??)

I am not of this opinion, cultural heritage belongs to humanity, so it is the business of all the world's citizens, because the cultural autodafé has a very specific purpose: to destroy factual evidence to rewrite history.
Neo-Wahhabism and its Saudi and Qatari network is no stranger to the fundamentalist currents that are spreading in our suburbs ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/01/15, 12:50

The question is obviously not whether or not to condemn "religious consumerism", but to understand that if the market is everywhere, religion is nowhere.
In other words, it means that the sacred that invites both personal surpassing and limits not to be crossed is replaced by a paradoxical sacred *, of a totally different nature, an inverted sacred inviting abandonment to an ego self-inconsistent and to cross all possible limits, especially those that go beyond the reasonable and are incompatible with our mere survival.

Sen-no-sen, you write:
I speak of the system as of a person ... which it is obviously not, since "its presence" is virtual, but its total hegemony!

This is by no means inadequate, because the "system" is an unconscious hypostasis, a human creation, a projection which largely escapes our action (although totally dependent!), In the sense that it determines it in a causality circular which is, in this case, a vicious circle.

To the point that many deny him this qualification.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/15, 14:02

sen-no-sen wrote:I am not of this opinion, cultural heritage belongs to humanity, so it is the business of all the world's citizens, because the cultural autodafé has a very specific purpose: to destroy factual evidence to rewrite history.

It is not false! This is defended ... nevertheless it is all the same more the problem of Muslims than of non-Muslims ... I should perhaps have put a "more" ...

To complete Ahmed (I think, I hope he will agree ...), I paraphrase A. Jacquard:

"The current collective morality makes us believe that the important thing is to prevail over others, to fight, to win. We are in a competitive society but a winner is a manufacturer of losers. We must rebuild a society. where the competition will be eliminated. I don't have to be stronger than the other, I have to be stronger than me… thanks to the other. " -Albert Jacquard
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."