Dédéleco or rather Drake Landing Solar rewarded!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Dédéleco or rather Drake Landing Solar rewarded!

by kumkat » 28/11/11, 10:00

Go there Dédéleco! let go! it's your day of glory!

http://www.enerzine.com/14/13039+un-sys ... ngue+.html

The Canadian Solar Community District - Drake Landing (CSDL) won the 2011 Energy Globe World Award by implementing an ingenious system by which the sun's heat is stored below the surface of the Earth .

Edit add by modo:

2 topics about econo talking about the subject: heating-insulation / heating-solar-building-with-thermal-buffer-in-switzerland-t11285.html et heating-insulation / heat-of-summer-in-the-winter-a-Drake-landing-solar-c-canada-t10828.html
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 28/11/11, 10:04

Youhou Dedeleco are you the best ^^
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/11/11, 10:06

With that he will piss everywhere! : Cheesy:
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 28/11/11, 11:02

Well seen the installation.
It's not as simple as a few holes dug with a drill!
Drilling, piping, pumps, material with high thermal conductivity, heat transfer from water to air (why 50 ° water can be used directly).
Well for a subdivision but for a house, it seems unrealistic.
I'm waiting impatiently for Dede to make his holes, install the system at home, and give us the report of the operation.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/11, 11:23

Already said this weekend on 2 other topics: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chauffage- ... 11285.html et https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaleur-d- ... 10828.html

Do not load anyway, it may not take it well ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/11/11, 11:40

Why be simple, when can we do complicated?

Ask Forhorse to make this system unpretentious, some pipes underground in addition to its solar thermal collectors summer unpretentious !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/11, 11:51

Yes why ?

Why a whole network of expensive pipes, buried, necessarily requiring maintenance ... and especially superfluous?
Why an expensive gas plant that will need to be properly amortized and maintained?
Why fossil energy consumption?
Why make an entire subdivision dependent, while autonomous 100% solutions exist?
Why primer such a project that is already a little outdated, while there is better elsewhere?
Why a system that holds captive lot owners a big complex infrastructure with operating, monitoring and maintenance costs ...
Why then become a homeowner if we are so dependent on the essential for which we had invested, without reaching the energy self-sufficiency, if this is not the case?
Why such a blur, cleverly maintained on the actual performance of the system? 80% saving, yes but on a difference, compared to what? On what real technology it rests (the point of heat "exchangers" that are reminiscent of a PAC, are far from convincing me) ...
Traditional "Minergie" standard houses with SIMPLE wood burning stoves are MUCH BETTER than the Canadian project ... simply and WITHOUT gas central! And since it is a wood heating, the carbon footprint is neutral, while the gas ...

Yes, it's a pity that there is a remote gas central heating station and that it is not a "ZERO EMISSION", as here ...> But while we are there, I re-re-re-re-re-put the link:

www.dlsc.ca

( : Mrgreen: )

On the other hand RIGHT HERE ...>, I think that we hold the GOOD method: without additional heating, "zero emission", "zero bill for heating", without the need for drilling and the savings made pay the building in the long term ...!

...>

... and of course, I am an ignoramus and I have understood nothing ( : Mrgreen: )
Last edited by Obamot the 28 / 11 / 11, 21: 44, 2 edited once.
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 28/11/11, 12:33

Obamot wrote:Yes why ?

Why an expensive gas plant that will need to be depreciated? for the spring the reserves will be well started and the storage temperature may not be sufficient to make ecs, being a pilot project must still have a way of bearing in case
Why make an entire subdivision dependent, while autonomous 100% solutions exist? pooling individual means it's a nice concept the equivalent of district heating
Why primer such a project that is already a little outdated, while there is better elsewhere? we give many nobel prizes 25 years after the end of research ^^
Why a maintenance fee and a system that keeps captive landlords from a large, complex infrastructure ... the life of a community is like that they are all engaged all responsible
Why then become a homeowner if we are dependent on the essential for which we had invested to achieve energy self-sufficiency, if this is not the case? to enter a community engaged in a great adventure
The traditional MINERGIE houses with SIMPLE wood stove, are BETTER than the Canadian project ... certe today but in future projects that they can be 100% independent if we take into account the carbon footprint will have to see. Moreover for the elderly or with a physical handicap they have no handling to do (it is as practical as the individual gas)
Too bad there is a remote gas central heating and it is not the "ZERO EMISSION", as here ...> But as long as we are there, I put the link:

now that the first heating seasons have started (it does not work bad at all) why not add storage on the periphery of the current storage and equipped the boiler itself in solar panel or add in solar panels on the ground (on storage )
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/11, 12:41

Why do it, if not even more useful ( : Cheesy: )
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 28/11/11, 12:58

that's for sure ^^
but I think that starting on an experimental basis allows to create ratio for the sizing of the solar panels of the storage volume (this is what it is possible to do)

it's a pilot project

there is not a single solution but a bouquet of solution that must be generalized 8)
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."