Reload a Nespresso capsule

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Reload a Nespresso capsule

by Christophe » 03/09/09, 11:09

The best is not to have this type of Nespresso machine, Senseo, highly waste-producing but if you have one (received as a gift for example?) then you might as well take advantage of this little trick.

Found on a site hosted on free that no longer exists. Cf https://www.econologie.com/forums/dechets-ca ... t8305.html

Great style marketing. Great coffee makers. But coffee not always to his liking. Only, there you have it, the coffee makers in question only accept proprietary capsules by design… So, how to enjoy your favorite coffee using the coffee makers in question? A salesperson told me: “it's impossible”… Which obviously tickled my curiosity, and I wanted to take up the challenge. After several disappointing tests, I finally found a solution that was not too complicated, which I present to you here in pictures.

- Collect a used capsule
- Cut the lid with a sharp knife
- Empty, wash, let dry ...
- Fill with your favorite ground coffee, tamp moderately
- Spread a hint of jam on the collar
- Cut a small square out of filter paper
- Stick the filter on the encased collar
- And hop ! Let's go !

When I get started, I make about ten capsules in advance, to enjoy my favorite coffee whenever I want, as with “real” capsules. But you should not do too much in advance, otherwise the coffee will go stale ...

Result: a little work to tinker and load the capsules, but what a pleasure to taste the good coffee that we love!

A friend pointed out to me that if we load a capsule for immediate consumption, we can dispense with sticking the filter with jam (but only for coffee makers that have a handle: we turn the handle on the capsule rather than the opposite). But coffee makers without a handle require the capsule to be turned over, so you have to stick the filter ...

Consume in moderation, all the same ;-)

"P", the lover of good coffee ...

PS: Above all, do not imitate me: the capsule manufacturers would not be happy!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/09, 11:33

A site offers a "kit": http://www.ecospresso.fr/?q=node/3

But you must always wash your pods yourself ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/09/09, 12:41

A friend of mine showed me a plastic "Senseo" filter that she filled at will. She had found it on the Charleroi market on a Sunday morning.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"