206 HDI 90 excessive consumption too high?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
jmvp06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

206 HDI 90 excessive consumption too high?

by jmvp06 » 22/01/09, 01:59

Hello
I have my 206 HDI 90 hp who has 108000 km consumes 11l in town consumption made with several refills by traditional consumption, my style of travel: I make on average journeys of 20 KM to 50 of average
I must say that I have tires released "in 205" with a diameter of 17 apart from putting back the original wheels which would lose all the charm of my body don't you think that there is a problem of adjustment? if so which way should I go?
the air filter is new. oil filter with fresh air 00/30 synthesis oil
I make 20 km courses each time half and half with a city part where I follow the cars but without traffic jam and the other party on ring road limited to 70km / h I pass my speed between 1500 Trm and 2500 Trm here
Hello technician notice
I go out of the garage and they put my car on a computer and according to the statements there would be the electronic air valve (the one which is located at the air filter outlet) which would be defective at times ... at that ask I'm going to do a road test with the valve disconnected to see if there was a difference in performance, frankly I haven't seen much on the other hand the consumption on the bort computer seems interesting either - 2L5 so if I wanted to know what you think about it and two what can it happen if I continue to drive with this valve disconnected, my mechanic tells me that the electronic unit can simply be put HS, I await your information
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 22/01/09, 02:24

Without a valve, the engine does not work optimally, it will have too much air at certain times, which will reduce its efficiency so will force you to accelerate more, so you will consume more at equal performance.
Basically to be clear, without a valve it's better than with a defective valve, but it's less good than with a working valve.
You should change this valve if the problem comes from it
If the problem is with the calculator, you go to a car center or to Peugeot, you request a diagnosis of the calculator and a reset and you will have no more problems (it takes 10 minutes)

The danger of driving with the valve disconnected?
At the engine, the risk of driving in a mixture that is too lean (risk of overheating, not good for the cylinder head gasket);
And at the level of the computer, inconsistencies between the information it collects (for example between the info of the lambda probe and the position of the valve); now I don't know what the effects may be but certainly not good: occasional bugs, permanent deregulation, final crash?

Change or adjust this valve, but in any case do not reconnect it as it is, you will completely clog the engine and the catalyst, consume and pollute.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 22/01/09, 08:58

Are we talking about the EGR valve here, this scandalous DIY implemented in the 90s on most vehicles to meet standards at low cost on NOX emissions.
it is an anti-mechanical device which clogs and fouls the engine then ends up having the opposite effect to that sought.
disconnected, no recirculation of exhaust gases, it works very well but the NOX are still there and in general, the computer ends up not being happy.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 09:07

I do not think this is the EGR valve, on some modern diesel there is a butterfly to better dose ... I do not know if all common rails have ...

Funny anyway this mechanic who advises to unplug and not to repair? It's a bit of a lack of professionalism ... don't you think?
0 x
jmvp06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jmvp06 » 22/01/09, 09:24

Christophe wrote:I do not think this is the EGR valve, on some modern diesel there is a butterfly to better dose ... I do not know if all common rails have ...

Funny anyway this mechanic who advises to unplug and not to repair? It's a bit of a lack of professionalism ... don't you think?

no not at all he asked me to go and try it out to see if it works better, to see the fishing bug car, but he strongly advises me to replace it because it can harm the vehicle, but the repair will cost me 200 € so here I am inquiring
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 09:33

Ah OK! So much for me then! 200 € is even "cheap" if the calculator is kidding ...
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"