Foam on bitumen and slate!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
buzz569
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Foam on bitumen and slate!

by buzz569 » 14/12/08, 18:53

Since the arrival of winter, I have noticed an invasion of mosses on the very sheltered side and on the asphalt of the "parking lot".

In my research I noted several solutions:
- bleach diluted with a sprayer (see)
- copper wire (my gutters are zinc ... ouch!)
- other magic solutions?

Do you have any advice ? : Cheesy:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/12/08, 19:25

Hello buzz569

For copper wire, there is no problem. It is not with the current that will pass between your wire at the roof and the gutter at the bottom of the roof that will eat away at the metal.

For the foam on the sidewalk north side, I have the same problem as you. : Mrgreen: And I don't know how to do it without using strong chemical etc ...
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
buzz569
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by buzz569 » 14/12/08, 19:58

Flytox. How do you fix the copper wire?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/12/08, 20:16

The fixing does not pose any particular difficulties but depends on how your made, tiles, slates etc. There is no particular effort on the wire, lots of different solutions are good. you can put a piece between the tiles, slates and twist on what you find. For my part, the cement of the ridge tiles had enough roughness to curl the copper wires so that it could hang under the ledge, then stretched on the other side by gently twisting with pliers. : Mrgreen:

If it's the aesthetic side that makes you sad, don't worry, from below you don't see much.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
buzz569
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by buzz569 » 14/12/08, 20:43

My most problem is the slate roof ... so very hard to climb on ... hence my questions for fixing ... I think I will try bleach at first. We will see this summer to do with trudging on the roof.
0 x