We bought furniture made in France ...

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

We bought furniture made in France ...

by Christophe » 28/10/07, 15:07

... but without doing it on purpose ... : Cheesy:

We recently bought "prefab" furniture by mail order and a big and pleasant surprise during assembly, the furniture is indicated Made in France ! At the sight of the competition ikea et Cie, I did not think that it still existed ... at least for individuals ...

Quality / price level is equivalent to Ikea, if not slightly higher.

I think that this "local" manufacturing argument should be put forward more by sellers ...

The next time you are looking for furniture (or something else that can be made in France for that matter), try to find out where the products are made ... and make the seller understand that this criterion is important for you ...

This behavior is an accessible and effective way to fight against globalization and to keep your / our jobs ... (more less transport = more ecology) and it is probably more effective in the long term than making demonstrations ...

ps: the brand in question is "GAMI"
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 28/10/07, 20:27

I no longer thought it existed ... especially if it is the same quality / price ratio as Ikea ...

Finally, this is good news : Mrgreen:
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 28/10/07, 20:37

At conforama I bought my "made in France" sofa bed with excellent value for money (well, you'll have to see in use). Like what it is possible to see even econological.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/10/07, 21:33

Christophe wrote:We recently bought "prefab" furniture by mail order and a big and pleasant surprise during assembly, the furniture is indicated Made in France This behavior is an accessible and effective way to fight against globalization and to keep your / our jobs ... (more less transport = more ecology) and it is probably more effective in the long term than making demonstrations ...

You got it good ...
You are in Belgium. You buy by mail.
And you recommend buying "Merde in France".

"Made in Belgium" doesn't exist?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/07, 21:41

Pffff !! I hope it's ironic your message ...

Belgium France is the same from a globalization point of view ... France does not relocate massively to Belgium and vice versa ...

Otherwise it's true we bought French furniture by mail from a Walloon company ... Like that at least we are making the economy of the 2 countries work!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 28/10/07, 22:50

Happy family I just finished my furniture made in NOnO 8)

From French solid wood :D

Now it's just that I was happy to have finally finished it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/07, 22:57

Quite an integrated wine cellar : Mrgreen:

Where did you buy the raw wood?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/10/07, 23:30

Bonjour à tous

"Made in France" the regulations on this are "accommodating":

"According to Community law, the origin of goods is determined by the place of their manufacture. When the manufacturing process takes place in several countries, it is the place of the last substantial transformation or working carried out on the product that is decisive (only customs are competent to determine this concept). "

http://www.eic.minefi.gouv.fr/dossier/a ... madein.htm

So modifying / adding something (more or less insignificant) is enough to be able to say Cocorico! disheartening. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/10/07, 13:47

in any case, you should not despair: making made in europe is still possible: even made in denmark, sweden or norway, it is all about knowing what niche you are in.

there is no shortage of problems: try to recruit a welder, to see!

A few years ago, my wife "did" in the outfits for the dance: she bought "made to order" made 100% on the Limoges side, at prices quite in line with the market standard and the clothes were cut. on demand by hand. (not made to measure);
when the slipper manufacturer, he couldn't keep up, his main problem being to find workers.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be