Sustainable Consumption Christmas 2007: éconologiques challenge gifts

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Sustainable Consumption Christmas 2007: éconologiques challenge gifts

by Christophe » 27/09/07, 10:17

The end-of-year celebrations are fast approaching and I would like to launch a challenge between econologists in order to offer more "econological".

The idea is extremely simple: do EconoCado!

Try to buy (or provide in another way, style recovery) at least 50% of his gifts (in volume, not in market value) used or recovery!

Personally I will try seriously in my family! Although we have already more or less tested. Example: last year we received a "beautiful" Kenwood renovated by my father which had to return to him at less than 1/10 of the new price ...

But beware, finding used gear that meets the expectations of a loved one is not easy and requires much more time (but inevitably less money for an equivalent product) that the ease of purchase new. ..So the idea of ​​this subject is to exchange tips and tricks between us (what to find, how and where) to facilitate the challenge!

Of course some people might be offended at not receiving a new object, we are so conditioned to the consumer society that this reaction is understandable ... hence the idea of ​​only offering 50% of the volume of gifts. EconoCado ...

Hoping that the other members of our respective families do not hang on these forums : Mrgreen:, already about me I could not talk about the EconoCado for Christine ...

Example of sources of purchase: Emmaus, Sales Depot (beware of fake good deals), Ebay (under new condition) ...
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 09 / 07, 11: 07, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/09/07, 10:21

Coool! I'm going to have an econo-broom used for Christmas ... Image
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/09/07, 10:38

Me in my family we like everything that is trinkets and old junk in flea markets.

So it's a form of recovery : Cheesy:

hehehe
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/09/07, 10:42

Thank you Rulian, here's a source of more: flea markets! (How could I miss it? :) )

But hey also pay attention to the price ... it's more expensive than new ... so it may be ecological is not economical ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/09/07, 10:45

Christine wrote:Coool! I'm going to have an econo-broom used for Christmas ... Image

Do you want one more?

Noted ! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/09/07, 11:08

We can also offer objects "used" which are not recycling craft and are very classes: antique jewelry, silverware, glassware, furniture ... classic and authentic. In short, go to the flea market antiques.

Otherwise, there is also another option, which is not recycling but which can be outside the consumer society: to contribute (because it is often quite expensive) to buy a real work of art and bring artists to life rather than supermarkets .
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/09/07, 22:23

Bonjour à tous

A good idea econological gift: Offer a small revision to his car or that of his relatives. Since the time she lugs us nicely we could offer candles (new!) Or an air filter (nine!), Gently caress the oil cartridge (I go astray). : Cheesy:

All this to make also a small gift to the planet and what does not lose hope to see so many morons in the process of devastating it. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/07, 12:32

Little up as Christmas approaches ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/10/07, 15:24

"Ironic mode":

Take the opportunity to rid all that clutter at home, offer to any wind, all associations, friends, neighbors ...
You will have more room at home, you will breathe better.

All your garbage will be taxed to the weight very soon.
In bricolos, this represents tons and cubic meters.

What good is keeping things material, in which you will not have time to dive ...

With a retirement to the 70 years, there is more hope.
: Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/07, 15:33

Not so ironic that this ... am I wrong?

Otherwise it's good, a new forum was set up on this occasion: https://www.econologie.com/forums/echange-gr ... -vf70.html
0 x