Homemade yogurts in the oven or with a yogurt maker

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Lilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Homemade yogurts in the oven or with a yogurt maker

by Lilo » 18/06/07, 11:52

Hello everyone, I inaugurate my participation in this forum with a question maybe twisted (this is what told me the EDF advisor that I just had on the phone arf). I was wondering if it was more economical to make your yogurts in the oven or with a yogurt maker?
For the oven version, it is necessary to allow the yoghurt to heat for 4 hours at 45 ° C (th.1)
For the yogurt maker, the appliance is apparently on for 1 hour and maintains the heat for 7 hours.

I imagine that the use of the yogurt maker is more economical but hey, I would like to talk about it on my cooking blog. Green at heart, I can't imagine giving a homemade yogurt recipe in the oven if it consumes too much energy. Have you ever thought about this? Do you have a more economical oven yogurt recipe? Thank you all for your help ;)
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 18/06/07, 17:56

Hello

forget the 2 methods.

either you find a grandmother's yogurt maker and you put your yogurt at 39 ° and the insulation of the yogurt maker does the rest (without current, or anything else).

either you collect a polystyrene box, you mash your yogurt pots to the max and it does the same.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 18/06/07, 19:44

Hello, me the yogurt maker that I have and it is one that dates from about twenty years ago (it is the red white model with the transparent brown cover and with the small white button on the front). still do, I saw it in store.
operating principle
we place the future yogurts in it and then we press the button, it is an opening thermal switch, when the temperature is reached the device switches off. so barely heats an hour and that's it.
Regarding the difference between the oven, I would say if it is to make more yogurt in one go YES, if it is just to make 9 is better the yogurt maker.
otherwise there is the pressure cooker method.

here is the link for those interested:
http://www.supertoinette.com/recettes/y ... _in_di.htm

: Cheesy: Bon Apetit!
0 x
Lilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lilo » 18/06/07, 21:48

Thank you;) The idea of ​​the polystyrene box can be not bad but suddenly, I wonder if it does not emit toxic fumes? : Shock: I'm going to buy myself a yogurt maker it's more economical indeed and if I have a yogurt party with friends, I would take the oven hi hi. Otherwise, with a solar oven, it could work, but from there to get the right temperature at 45 °, that's another story ... To see;)
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 19/06/07, 00:20

Hello

try both ways by plugging them downstream of this consumption measurement device:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/wattmetr ... -p-20.html

and keep us posted on the results

that said, is an oven regular enough and precise in T ° so as not to spoil the yogurts :?:

My mother made the bulk yogurt in a 3 L dish

boiled the milk (to kill unwanted bacteria), allowed it to cool to around 40 ° C, then mixed a small pot of "plain Stennval" yogurt, put a lid on it covered itself with several napkins to keep the heat, and the the next day we enjoyed ourselves : Mrgreen:

bolt
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/06/07, 10:13

Yes, in fact, the best plan (a little what Zac said) is to adapt the principle of the Norwegian pot to the manufacture of yogurts: put them in an enclosure as isolated as possible once the right temperature is reached . Thermal inertia and insulation do the rest
:D
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Lilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lilo » 21/06/07, 00:39

I noticed it was 45 ° C in my car yesterday so it was hot lol. I had a lot of yogurt in advance so I did not try the experiment but I think that I will put my next yogurts in a casserole dish with 45 ° C water and put it in my crate. Solar energy when you hold us hi hi.
0 x
Adrianite
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

alternative to poly box

by Adrianite » 10/04/09, 10:44

Hello!

What if instead of using a polysterene box, we use a small plastic beach cellar? Bom, if c a box from the fishmonger's it allows to recycle it, but bom ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/04/09, 12:32

Lilo wrote:I noticed it was 45 ° C in my car yesterday so it was hot lol. I had a lot of yogurt in advance so I did not try the experiment but I think that I will put my next yogurts in a casserole dish with 45 ° C water and put it in my crate. Solar energy when you hold us hi hi.

If you have a SEB Vita Saveur steamer, you can use it as a yogurt maker. You bring the water to a boil for an instant, then you place your yogurts to make on the first floor then the lid and you cover everything to keep the heat. A thermometer monitors the temperature (max 45 °). The next day the yogurts are made.

I use a Severin yogurt maker, very good, not expensive.

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/04/09, 12:43

For several weeks we have been offering a automatic yogurt maker on the shop of the site.

With all ferments required in a category Cooking and homemade

The first yogurts are quite liquid but this is apparently normal ...
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 07 / 15, 18: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"