Fridge with transparent door to reduce opening

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Fridge with transparent door to reduce opening

by dreamer » 09/04/07, 07:02

Hello,

Sorry if some people had a hope of coming to see this subject, but no, I do not know if it exists and it is not a subject to tell you about it but rather to ask you if you know of an existing case and what you thought of the idea.

In fact, I suppose that, like in my family, you often open the fridge without knowing what you want to get there, spend a few seconds looking for products, or even sometimes just check if something is right. before going to the races.

I therefore asked if there was no fridge with a transparent and necessarily insulating material door (what about the material fulfilling these 2 conditions?) Which would allow you to look BEFORE opening, and thus greatly reduce the consumption of this one.

Incidentally, I was wondering if there were any comparisons of consumption for fridges and freezers because qd I see freezers without any cover in some stores, or vertical fridge displays without doors, I imagine that the cold must escape monstrously, I do not understand moreover how this can still exist qd we know that the same exist with doors or U-shaped, cold air being heavier than hot air, it is still there. the most "economical" open form.

Voilou, thank you,
Dreamer
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 09/04/07, 11:34

Hello

It exists (there are in almost all bars); but it eats the triple of a good standard fridge.

if you want to win on the fridge, you need a safe fridge (opening on the top); but this is incompatible with the modern western bobonne. : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/04/07, 12:08

Hey

Those in bars yes I know but with a simple window it is clear that consumption level is not top.

But I was thinking more about a fridge made for the individual with special glazing ...

And the fridge chests are nickel it's clear, we see them elsewhere but not partt ... "less practical for the housewife" no doubt, marketing argument ... pffff

Finally, if this cold is produced by a wind turbine as Colruyt does in Belgium on one of its refrigeration centers, nothing to complain about: p (or almost)

Dreamer
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 09/04/07, 15:14

dreamer wrote:Hey

Those in bars yes I know but with a simple window it is clear that consumption level is not top.

But I was thinking more about a fridge made for the individual with special glazing ...

And the fridge chests are nickel it's clear, we see them elsewhere but not partt ... "less practical for the housewife" no doubt, marketing argument ... pffff

Finally, if this cold is produced by a wind turbine as Colruyt does in Belgium on one of its refrigeration centers, nothing to complain about: p (or almost)

Dreamer

Dreaming is a very good idea, no, great, but at the same time, it is a very very bad idea.
Very good for the reasons that you show where the food is before opening the door.
The problem is, every time your kids walk past the fridge, they'll see the food, and their stomachs will say MIAM, MIAM, and they'll eat twice as much.
In conclusion, your idea will go wild, you can be sure that this fridge will come ... and the number of obese too ...
It's like nuclear, there is good and bad ... go find out where the middle ground is : Lol:
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/04/07, 23:48

If it is only for the children, one could think of a tinted mirror but according to an angle "of child" and clear under an angle "of adult" style up to 1m40 or qq ch?

I just put it out like this by reading your post, I don't know what it's worth :D

Dreamer

Note: and if not if it is also for adults who would be "+ tempted", I think that there are screens which become cloudy under a weak electric current (there is the lcd but you have to see the prices?) and which could therefore obscure (or even display a pleasant image on it or even a photo of an MDR fridge) the fridge door so that it does not become transparent until you press a button.

Of course, for the sake of ecology, this wall should not be fed incurring to darken but rather to no longer be, consumption is therefore only done when looking at the fridge.

: Mrgreen:
0 x
nicolas21
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

answer

by nicolas21 » 20/08/09, 22:07

Hello gentlemen

I find you have very interesting reflection, this exists the fridges with not energy-consuming windows. I have already seen its in Australia or I worked it was professional fridges with several doors (from 4 to 12) it was glazed for Avoid precisely that everyone searches in the doors it was glazed.
I hope its coming in a few years
Au revoir
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fridge with transparent door to reduce opening

by Alain G » 20/08/09, 22:52

dreamer wrote:Hello,

Incidentally, I was wondering if there were any comparisons of consumption for fridges and freezers because qd I see freezers without any cover in some stores, or vertical fridge displays without doors, I imagine that the cold must escape monstrously, I do not understand moreover how this can still exist qd we know that the same exist with doors or U-shaped, cold air being heavier than hot air, it is still there. the most "economical" open form.

Voilou, thank you,
Dreamer

Dreamer

Refrigerators are not all crazy, I have been working in the food industry for 23 years but I am not a refrigerator and I asked myself the same question as you concerning the effectiveness of these freezers or horizontal freezers with lid removed to present the product , well you know that cold air is heavier than hot air so if there is no air flow near it, there is little or no loss and in terms of inclined but open counters it is also easy to understand, on the upper (rear) and lower (front) edges there are openings on the full length which draws the cold from the front of the counter and the return to the rear and the 'thus prevents escape from below.

Here I hope that enlightens you a little on this, now there is no material which is transparent and insulating at the same time, unless we double or triple the glass and we add inert gas like argon has the interior. as for a window.
:D
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/08/09, 00:17

if you are looking for the ideal solution you can invent a fridge with a large classic well insulating door, plus small transparent doors inside: when you open the main door you see through the transparent door what you want and you don't open only the right one

the idea of ​​the chest fridge is very good: it works with me without inventing anything: I take a chest freezer and I adjust the termostat to make it a fridge: consumption dramatically lower than a fridge, and supports very well a power supply intermittent!
0 x