Sensor microwave leakage

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Sensor microwave leakage

by davidex » 19/03/07, 11:41

Hello,
a product which I think would have its place in the econologie.com shop would be a leak detector for microwave ovens.

Personally, I have a Freebox HD that uses WiFi to display my TV shows. I have a kitchen open to my living room, and each time I start my microwave oven, the WiFi flow is completely blurred and the reception of my TV is interrupted. : Shock: Hence my fear of a microwave leak, and the need to check my oven ...

There are very small detectors, which require no power, and at a very low price (for example the Voltcraft MT128) but I do not know the effectiveness of this device.

There are also detectors in kits, to assemble yourself for electronic enthusiasts (but more expensive, at Comelec for example).

I have not yet bought the Voltcraft MT128, sold only € 4,95 at Conrad (I hope I have the right to report this seller), because this shop requires a minimum order of € 25. Unfortunately, I have nothing else to order from them ... :|

Perhaps a group order could see the light of day if this product could not be added to the store and other people are interested in this article?

Sincerely,
David.
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/07, 12:06

Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 06 / 13, 14: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Microwave leak detector

by Obelix » 19/03/07, 12:09

davidex wrote:Hello,

Personally, I have a Freebox HD that uses WiFi to display my TV shows. I have a kitchen open to my living room, and each time I start my microwave oven, the WiFi flow is completely blurred and the reception of my TV is interrupted. : Shock: Hence my fear of a microwave leak, and the need to check my oven ...

Sincerely,
David.

Hello,

No spectacular leaks in perspective!
But the radio frequencies used are close and therefore interference is inevitable. Only a good distance between the elements can improve the situation!

That said, a leak monitor in the econology shop would not look bad !!

Obelix
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 19/03/07, 12:17

Delnoram has uploaded the photo of this device to:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-micro- ... 96-10.html

European standard EN 60335-1 indicates that microwave leaks must not exceed 5 mW at 5 cm from the walls (according to wikipedia). I do not know if this device is precise / reliable enough to detect this threshold. Perhaps it is indicated in the instructions for use?

If Delnoram is around, his opinion on the performance of the Voltcraft MT-128 detector is welcome.

Sincerely,
David.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/07, 12:53

davidex wrote:European standard EN 60335-1 indicates that microwave leaks must not exceed 5 mW at 5 cm from the walls (according to wikipedia). I do not know if this device is precise / reliable enough to detect this threshold. Perhaps it is indicated in the instructions for use?

Given the price you should not expect miracles of precision ... It is more indicative than anything else ...

davidex wrote:If Delnoram is around, his opinion on the performance of the Voltcraft MT-128 detector is welcome.

He will be there tonight :)
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 19/03/07, 13:40

Christophe wrote:Given the price you should not expect miracles of precision ... It is more indicative than anything else ...

If other people have bought a leak detector, it may be worth comparing the sensitivity of their device. Better to buy a device a little more expensive but really informative, rather than a device simply indicative. We will see if Delnoram can tell us more.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/07, 13:41

davidex wrote:If other people have bought a leak detector, it may be worth comparing the sensitivity of their device.

Provided you have the same model of oven and that it is used under the same operating conditions (wear and age in particular since apparently this counts in) ...
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 19/03/07, 13:52

Christophe wrote:Provided you have the same model of oven and that it is used under the same operating conditions (wear and age in particular since apparently this counts in) ...

Already if the specifications / instructions for use of their leak detector indicates the minimum sensitivity, this can be a first step in the right direction.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 19/03/07, 17:11

So for the MT-128 Voltcraft no user manual that I remember and for good reason there are only 2 indications on the device "Safety" and "Danger" :|

The only "leaks" detected were in front of the oven window and at 10 cm there was nothing more detectable by the Voltcraft.

The electromagnetic waves of transformer voltage booster are they a little more present, it depends on the design of oven.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
denis09
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

microwave leak detector

by denis09 » 19/03/07, 17:32

for the curious unscientific that I am, what is the purpose of this detection, is there a danger when there is some leaks? and what kind of danger? apart from the interference of other emissaries of various and varied waves.
denis
0 x