Use ashes like laundry

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Use ashes like laundry

by iota » 21/11/06, 16:31

Hi everybody,

I use the ash of my chimney as laundry, it's great!

I get the ash and put it in a coffee filter (4 tablespoons).
I put a liter of water in the coffee pot and zou.
the result is a slightly yellow liquid (depends on the burned wood).
I pour everything into the machine on the laundry.
The result is perfect, no smell, except that of the laundry, there are no stains from the liquid.
I did not try on very dirty clothes ...

I am currently testing without the coffee maker (cold water) and soon with rainwater.
From or Economics of electricity and drinking water.
0 x
strinkler
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by strinkler » 31/12/06, 15:38

Hello,
Do not worry, it's not corrosive to the ash fabric, it's a lot of potash and soda for the rest, it's mineral, the potash is sooty, but the soda is also put in the toilet when it's clogged. then, distrust. good use is in the vegetable garden and on the pellet
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 31/12/06, 16:31

Hello,

so far I've had no problem.
I think the concentration is very low in comparison at the outlet toilet.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 31/12/06, 21:36

Hi, I do it since 3 months: super !!!

a can of ash not packed for a box of water of pluis, I curl I filter and I put in a can of liquid laundry, use: same dosage
nothing more econological : Cheesy:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
PED
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by PED » 02/04/07, 10:50

So, even volume of ash and water, in cold water, no more need for coffee maker. The filter must be very thin? There is no large coffee filter (plasticized not disposable paper filters ...), can anything else be used to filter without any ash left?
Is the quality of filtering important? I think indeed to the question of aggressiveness on the fabric too ...
Can all tissues be washed?
I'm wondering if there are enough nut trees for the entire land ... Okay to create jobs and incomes for the Indians, but not to prevent them from accessing this product of their own. at home because it would become too expensive for them ... (well, if it pays more to sell it for export, they will not use it anymore!).
0 x
Francoise.
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 02/04/07, 11:46

Hello,

I too have been experimenting for a few months.
I prepare a can of 5 liters in advance every week,
at the rate of 1,5 L of boiling water for 12 level tablespoons of ash. In fact now I dose "on sight".

Then 1 / 2 liter by machine (I have a water softener). Linen impeccable and odorless. Only problem: the outside of the drum is gradually covered with a paste sticky: not very grumbling.

On the other hand, failure while trying to filter cold: the ash forms a kind of mud which makes the filter watertight. But I may have put too much water (same dosage as hot)?

I also tried in the dishwasher: the first time correct result, but the second time dirty dishes? I do not know whether to incriminate the rinsing product because I have the impression of a defect on this level on my LV.

The other difficulty is that you have to start the dishwasher, and wait 30 seconds it finishes its emptying before opening and adding the laundry.

Another unknown: the concentration of the product that must fluctuate randomly from combustion (especially since I have wet wood).
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 03/04/07, 09:54

hello, for filtered I take a big old tonneau for the barrel of the wine, the filter: an old cotton cloth fold 2 or 3, I empty the soup (in the 4 l about) then the next day it to pass in my bottle of old liquid laundry, which has the 10cl dispenser (I believe), I do not bother! the laundry liquid and clear yellowish like drowned pastis : Cheesy: , no clogging, everything is ok since almost 1 year, it's top! :D
0 x

gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 03/04/07, 10:40

Denis, thank you for reporting a positive experiment.
Can you specify the amount of ingredients, more clearly.

You put a tin can of ash not packed. OKAY .
-The box is the big 4 / 4?

You pour into a can of liquid laundry.
-Contenance of the can? 4litres, or less?

Goods.
-----
Are there any who have experimented with urine?
I know it's done, but I'm thinking of the residual smell?
Maybe some do, and will not dare to testify?
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 03/04/07, 15:10

I specify: a volume of ash for a volume of water, boils, filters with an entonoire and fabric, let the time flow, and that's it! the can of laundry, it is to have a bottle with a doser (10cl by machine) if not my wife dose to the eye, 4 l it is what I do every time: but you can do 1 glass of ashes for a glass of water, or 1 was 200 each l but it is to resell, it's not my case! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 03/04/07, 18:34

Do you add essential oils (eg lavender) to perfume the linen?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"