Tips: reduce consumption at home

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Tips: reduce consumption at home

by Christophe » 18/09/06, 22:11

Good habits at home daily to lower your energy bills.

# Turn off lights and appliances when you no longer need them.

We easily leave a light on and say we will come back quickly.
However, it does not cost much to press the switch. But beware if you are equipped with energy saving lamps, it is better to leave them on for a few minutes (but not hours, of course) than to switch them off. Indeed; frequently switching on and off this type of bulb greatly reduces their lifespan.
Likewise for the TV or your PC which you do not turn off when you no longer use it or which runs all night long ... for nothing!
This rule of common sense in everyday life may seem obvious, but it is clear that even the most convinced people (including us) do not necessarily apply it systematically.

# Do not heat open windows !!
No need for explanations ...

# Take advantage of free sunshine.

Open your shutters or curtains when your facade is exposed to the sun. You can also enjoy some hot wind but it is more delicate.

# Put lids on your pans.

A cover retains heat and therefore limits heat loss when you cook. Optimize the preparation of your dishes. For example, use the same electric plate to cook 2 foods in a row to take advantage of the thermal inertia.

Small settings that make a lot

# Do not overheat.

You may be able to lower the temperature of your house and put on a sweater rather than turning up the heat. A temperature between 18 to 20 ° C is generally quite sufficient for very good thermal comfort if you agree to wear a sweater when you are at home. It's a big post for your future energy savings. Help yourself with a small thermometer.

# Do not heat when you are not there.

There is no need for a well-heated house during the day while everyone is at work. Lower the thermostat when you go to work. 15 or 16 ° C will be more than enough. You will turn up the heating when you get home from work, or a little before if you are lucky enough to have a programmer. Many modern boilers allow you to configure the heating cycle very easily and hour by hour, but be careful not to shut off your heating completely: the rise in T ° would be more energy-consuming than keeping it at low T °.

Read more : https://www.econologie.com/reduire-vos-f ... -2455.html
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 14: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/09/06, 22:37

another thing (I rent a rather "archaic" house)

I do not restart the central savage when I stay at home to work at the office: I put a small electric convector there, so I only heat one room
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/06, 08:31

other thing: I am particularly cautious, especially when I am wet and naked :D

in mid season, I heat the bathroom with an electric heater mounted on a timer.

in winter, to avoid starting the central wild too early, same scenario

I mounted a cheap weekly programmer on the central wild (30 euros at Leroy Merlin), but it only works in one hour increments: I therefore advanced it by 20 minutes, so it started earlier and stops earlier in the evening.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 10:57

Hello
I also have a little trick. I installed sockets with remote control because I am awful : Oops:
So when I cut the halogen lamp with the plug there are no unnecessary losses. Ditto for TV.
These small sockets are very practical and in addition for the fenants like me it avoids getting up from the sofa to turn off the light.
At my place there are lots of small lamps scattered in the living room by lighting them with the remote control that throws a max. : Cheesy:
Another thing, the shower is more economical than the bath and for those who have a garden, put a rain water collection tank on one of the downpipes of your gutters. It's amazing the amount of water we can recover. There is enough to water your garden (and rotate your Pantone : Cheesy: )
You can also make an assembly to feed the flushing toilets and showers but it becomes more complicated. : Lol:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tips: Reduce your consumption at home

by Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 14:03

Christophe wrote:Good habits at home daily to lower your energy bills.[...]
# Do not overheat.

You may be able to lower the temperature of your house and put on a sweater rather than turning up the heat. A temperature between 18 to 20 ° C is generally quite sufficient for very good thermal comfort if you agree to wear a sweater when you are at home. It's a big post for your future energy savings. Help yourself with a small thermometer. [...]
I would add that a room at 17 ° C is much better for sleep!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 14:30

PITMIX wrote:Ah darn : Lol:
I was just looking for if there were any on the store and I hadn't found one.

Is this a joke? If it is not it means:
1) either we didn't have the product yet
2) or we have a shop that is not very "readable"
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 17:21

No it's not a joke but I think you were faster than me.
We had to search at the same time. : Wink:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/02/12, 11:33

For those who are not too good at mechanics:
It's winter, it's cold, and our car batteries are suffering.
To avoid buying a battery, here are a few tips:
You should know that the capacity of a battery decreases enormously in freezing weather.
If your battery is old, you can take it apart for the night, and keep it warm. (In the morning, it will be like a young girl full of strength.)
In fact, my goal is to make you understand that many people are buying a new battery unnecessarily.
We must pass the course of freezing; after it left for 11 months + -
If you have a charger, here too, a small charge during the night is saving, especially if you make short trips.
Also check the fluid level in your battery.
To not tire the battery too much at start-up, remember to turn on your headlights a few seconds before the engine starts, it wakes up the beast.
Also remember to start neutral, and disengage during startup.
Another small detail on the car, if you find that the heating is weak, it is sometimes a level of coolant too low.
(top up with appropriate antifreeze)
Have a good day
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 08/02/12, 15:46

A little annoying to disconnect the battery every night. not the fact of doing it but the deregulation of the ODB, coded stations, keys associated with the car.
Last edited by Matt113 the 08 / 02 / 12, 15: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/02/12, 15:51

Matt113 wrote:A bit annoying to unplug his battery every night. not the fact of doing it but the maladjustment of ODBs, coded stations, keys associated with the car.

+1 : Cheesy: I had not thought about it, not yet had such a modern car.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)