BEST LOCK, ersazt LEGO. I tested !

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

BEST LOCK, ersazt LEGO. I tested !

by Christophe » 17/09/15, 00:05

My little one brought to the local fun fair a box of "Lego" Best Lock Town ... a Chinese copy of the historic building block brand.

What is it worth? Little feedback ...

Already the box has been won for "10 euros" of duck fishing ... an equivalent Lego box is worth 20 to 25 € in a store. I let you imagine how much the fairground touches her ... A little idea: http://www.csv.lv/konstruktors-bestlock ... 57998.html

It is made up of 160 parts: a mini Police station, a helicopter and a car with 2 figurines equipped with a "motorcycle" helmet or a cap.

As a bonus (and that doesn't exist at Lego to my knowledge): 1 rpg, 1 shotgun, 1 pm and 1 gun! Waaaw ... they are strong these Chinese to educate our little blond heads !!

CE sign according to EN71
EAN: 8711252983202

Good let's go to quality ...

Positive point: the bricks are well compatible with lego (the original patent, 2 x 20 years fell a few years ago ...) and ultra competitive price but read more ...

Negative points: the manufacturing quality (plastic injection) is "not really" that of Lego, here are some faults that I noticed:
- visible injection burrs on certain parts (that's not too serious, we all made models that had to be deburred ....)
- different color of the parts of "same color" !! And not just a little (see photos below ...)
- adjustment between certain parts very "light" = it does not hold or very little compared to real Lego so when we make a construction we have a 1 in 2 chance that it will hold (or not ...)
- some parts seem deformed ... bad plastic injection ...

On request I will give you detailed photos ... it is late tonight ...

Long live globalization! : Mrgreen: :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/09/15, 10:46

Ah, it is quite possible that the Chinese copies do not have the quality of Danish productions ...

Well, they dissuaded people a bit from buying their products ...

Personally, I bought a lot, because having good school results, my parents had some means and always took some to reward me, and I played like an "addict" for 10 years, especially technical legos ... It was a shame all the same that the prices were not a little more "democratic", in my opinion this commercial orientation made Lego plunge, leaving the field open to sharp competitors.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/15, 11:20

Yes the official LEGO are overpriced ... But yet they sell!

I think LEGO was on the verge of bankruptcy a few years ago ... they had the idea (and took the risk) to buy the Star Wars license and it saved them!

Since the "licenses" fuse (one of the most expensive must have been the lord of the rings)!

They have their cartoons (ninjago), their video games ...

In short, Lego is doing wonderfully today!

Like what the price matters less than the "image" for many people ... and a "small" idea is enough times to save a multinational!

ps: I also preferred technical Lego, but I liked Meccano even more in real metal please :) it no longer existed in "my time" (it has come out since) I played occasionally at my grandmother's ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/09/15, 11:28

yes indeed,

but I find that these licensed legos are misrepresented. I do not find there "the natural" which made my happiness as a little boy.

look at your messages please :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/15, 11:50

Denatured yes: I don't have the impression that we can do "what we want" with the Star Wars models ... There are quite a few variants but nothing more ...

If I find any on a flea market I would take the box of 110 pieces at 300 € blah ... It's expensive per kg of ABS! (especially since my little one is recovering "my stock")

As long as we are in the fun, I also rediscovered the playmobil this year ... well they have also evolved a lot!

Especially at the level of the details on the characters: basically it became very difficult to find 2 clones (= 100% identical characters) as they perfected the details (clothes, accessories, clothing details ...)

ps: Responded in MP ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/09/15, 12:04

lego and meccano follow the same evolution: boxes with a lot of special piece serving only one thing ... it loses the side construction games or we do what we want with a large number of standard pieces

Are your Chinese lego also in abs, or in cheaper plastic like polypropylene?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/15, 12:13

Quite Chatelot.

For the type of plastic yes it looks like ABS anyway (but of poor quality / LEGO) ...

How to know with certainty the type of plastic?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/09/15, 12:25

abs is dissolved by acetone-like solvents

the abs sticks well

polypropylene resists acetone, and no glue holds ... except the new MSpolymer sealant

see also the smell when it burns: the polypropylene smells of paraffin or candle

abs smells like polystyrene

these economic lego could also be in polystyrene, more brittle than abs
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/09/15, 12:37

it's not just Best-Lock: there's a wikipedia page on lego clones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_clone
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/15, 14:17

Ok for the plastics test ... but they are destructive ... I don't know if the little one will like!

How funny: Best Lock is not 100% Chinese but English according to the wiki page!
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"