What do you think of ethics in consumption?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
ethicalbehavior
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What do you think of ethics in consumption?

by ethicalbehavior » 30/09/14, 10:36

Hello everyone,
I am a student and I am interested in the vision of consumers on sustainable consumption and everything that makes up this notion. I need to interview hundreds of people. I come to you since the subject interests you as I do. It is a quick and intuitive online questionnaire (about 10 minutes).

To participate, click on the link below (or copy / paste):

https://sphinxdeclic.com/d/s/htvaie

Thank you in advance for your help and do not hesitate to leave a comment either on the forum either at the end of the questionnaire.
Thanks again.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/09/14, 14:20

Hello and welcome. The idea is good, however:

- The counter is biased, because it has a numbering from 1 to 7, or if we want to put the cursor in the middle (thinking of giving a "neutral" opinion), we cannot since the cursor then displays a value of "4" which is mathematically higher than the average (out of 7) (believing however "geometrically" not to take sides).

- We should have made a scale from 0 to six, and there it would have worked correctly.

- Thus, from a survey like this you will not be able to deduce anything, from the fact that the answers too, will be biased.

- I fell asleep on the 3rd page, so the questions supposed "already strongly oriented" answers.

And truth be told, because of all this I will vote 7 against such unethical manipulation : Mrgreen:

(nan it was for laughs: even if it is not voluntary, which I suppose ...)
0 x
ethicalbehavior
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ethicalbehavior » 30/09/14, 19:50

Thank you for going to the end of the questionnaire! concerning the scale the choice starts from 1 to 7 and therefore the neutral answer (the average) is 4 since the interval 0-1 does not exist. So if you checked 4 it means that you are not taking sides.

Here, the response bias will not be due to the scale of 1 to 7 (rather than 0 to 6).

Sorry for the length of the questionnaire, it is true that there are several variables to measure but the pre-test that we did indicated 10 minutes on average and the most it was done in 17 minutes. But since it's on the internet sometimes we do several things at the same time and we have this impression of length.

In terms of handling, rest assured it is not my intention.

Again thank you to you.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/10/14, 01:56

Hello,

Well no sorry, it doesn't work so well.

Here the perfect half would be 3 1/2 ...

The interval between 0 and 1 does exist, otherwise 1 would not exist : Mrgreen:

Whatever you do, statistically speaking, starting at 1 would be Amha heresy. But it may be due to the ambiguity of the questions in relation to what you want the respondents to say? Since an extremely negative opinion could not give a mark of "1" (so why force the hand of the accounting to give it 1 point? Admit that to give "1" when you are "not agree at all", hardly makes sense).

For example if you took a Gaussian curve (frequent in any statistical survey, polls, etc.) starting at "1" or "-1" would make you lose 2 standard deviation units, hardly conceivable!

Then depending on how you interpret the results, you can completely skew what people meant (that's why honestly I haven't finished filling out the "survey", because a survey should be "representative. ", whereas having regard to the type of questions asked and to the said notation, it may very well not be potentially). So I don't know who concocted the scoring, but it's a mess (that's just my opinion).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/10/14, 07:25

ah ah! I gauss .... and I go out! : Evil:
0 x