Everything about "low cost" food

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Everything about "low cost" food

by Obamot » 03/08/13, 06:56

Everything about "low cost" food: Alert thread!

But what do we really eat in fast-food, low-cost trays in supermarkets, low prices in the food industry?

Monday 20pm 50 August
"In search of current affairs" - Everything about "low cost" food on D8-TV with Guy Lagache.

D8 TV wrote:From France to Romania, via Germany and Belgium, investigate the underside of low cost food. To understand how far manufacturers are going to lower costs, zoom in on the ground beef. In fast food, the development of kebabs also raises questions. Another popular product that can pay big dividends for those who trade it is crepe, and some restaurateurs are unscrupulous from the traditional recipe.

Competition with M6, alas same day, same time: Monday 20pm 50 August
With Benoît Hamon

M6 wrote:Food: if you knew what you eat!
Do we really know what we are eating? Obviously the answer is "no", especially since we know we can find horses in beef lasagna! Capital has therefore decided to go further and sift through your plate. Its content, of course, but also the packaging of everything you eat. An investigation that will lead you into the secrets of industrial cuisine. Where do the products used in prepared meals come from? Who controls them? What does the insane race at ever lower prices in food imply? And, in the end, can we still trust what we are told? Tonight, we suggest you finally see more clearly. We have investigated the secrets of manufacturers of ready meals, including their methods of inventing what we will eat tomorrow. You will also discover the consequences that the packaging of our food can have on our health. What are our plates really hiding?

Document: At the heart of new food chains
This is an exceptional subject of 52 minutes. For several weeks, we explored behind the scenes of the food industry. An industry facing a loss of consumer confidence. So we wanted to answer all the questions you ask yourself: how are the ready meals made? Are the ingredients really those that we are told? Can we still believe labels and manufacturers? From distributors to manufacturers, including breeders and the mysterious “meat traders”, we went up the entire chain. And we've done our own tests to find out what's really in the products you buy. For meat as for fish, the results are edifying ... By Lesage / Creutzer

Are the packaging dangerous?
We don't notice them anymore. They are there to protect food, even to seduce the consumer. But today, some of them worry: the packaging could be dangerous for our health. The reason: they would release chemicals that contaminate food. We already knew the risks of bisphenol A, now banned in baby bottles but which are still found much elsewhere. Some boxes are also affected. So, should you be wary of packaging and how to replace it? P. Lechevallier conducted the investigation.

And what do we eat tomorrow?
Obviously not meat, at least not the one we know today. And the reason is simple: there will no longer be enough animals to feed everyone on the planet. So you have to innovate. You will discover your menu for tomorrow: insect bar, chicken more real and tastier than life but guaranteed without meat, and steak reconstituted based on chemistry. Very serious sectors on which industrialists and investors have already fully launched themselves to conquer markets. At table !
By C. Gauthier

Monday August 19 at 8:55 a.m.
Farewell to steak!

Arte wrote:The food industry tries to convince us that eating meat is good for health and that it is necessary for our dietary balance. Many studies show that too much red meat can not only threaten health, but even shorten life expectancy.

The food industry tries to convince us that eating meat is good for health and that it is necessary for our dietary balance. Many studies show that too much red meat can not only threaten health, but even shorten life expectancy. As for white meats, they too often contain residues of antibiotics. In general, farms have become high-tech companies in which we completely forget that animals are living things and not just products. Not to mention the slaughterhouses. And to feed these animals which will supply the 40 million tonnes of meat produced each year, Europe must import fodder, for example from Paraguay, where some large producers take advantage of these orders while the majority of the population suffers the consequences, sometimes dramatic, of the massive use of pesticides. Worse still: thanks to this exploitation of world resources, European production is so cheap that emerging countries prefer to import meat from Europe rather than supporting local producers. If we add to this table the contribution of livestock to global warming, the pollution of our environment by herbicides, insecticides and nitrates, it is high time to reconsider the consumption habits of this meat of the rich who starves the poor .
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/08/13, 07:38

when will the conscience of the wealthy awaken?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/08/13, 11:07

I guess you're talking about the haves of cancer, cardiovascular disease ???

If we wanted to open our eyes to our surroundings. In my close circle (work, family), these last two years: 2 cases of cancer, a stroke, a cardiovascular accident in the 40/55 age bracket! [it's young] ... We can not "see"!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/08/13, 11:13

Le "way of life" affects 80% of the pathologies of our "modern world".

But when you do prevention for yourself, that you very rarely use the service of medicine, we do not lower your health insurance premiums by 80% ...!

Seeking the error ... Would making people sick pay too much?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/08/13, 11:18

I guess you're talking about the haves of cancer, cardiovascular disease ???
No, the wealthy in general, who are only better off than others. Europeans and worse the USA are wealthy compared to Africans (the people, not the accumulators of the wealth of the country) nor the South Americans, the Indians, etc ...
Now, in fact, there is a close relationship between this pledge and the consequences of it, such as the illnesses cited which are very rare among the aforementioned. You can't have your cake and eat it too!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/08/13, 13:06

Excuse me, this was meant to be a play on words ...

Like the famous "Private property": I itch to add something "... of what?" or "... of sympathy?"

I understood well which haves you were talking about, but it seemed to me that "haves of cancers" sounded good!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/08/13, 14:30

when you are an adult you can try to choose your food well, but it is in the first year of life that food is most important for the health of the rest of your life

I thank my parents for giving me a very healthy diet during my childhood!

it's a time when we bought only basic products and we made real cuisine

alas I see in current families, eating really anything, and children really bad for their health

fortunately a lot of effort is made in school canteens
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/08/13, 14:48

Precisely, this is what should make you think:

a) currently, the generation that morfles the question of cancers, cardiovascular accidents, it is people around the 50taine, of which a majority still had a "preserved" diet in their first years of life (even if the first choco BN appeared, or the Miko ice creams; but it was not every day on Sunday !!!)

b) in 10 or 15 years, will follow the first generations having experienced an "agro-food" diet ...

I'm worried.

I am one of those who think that life expectancy is going to take a slap. The movement began in the USA, and in the modest categories .... in Germany!

In turn, the problem of funding retirement / unemployment may be resolved in a way that we do not like to think ...

In the meantime, let's face it, let's happily continue our addictive consumption which is supposed to fill the void for lack of meaning in our lives ... [confusion "action" - which has a meaning, a direction, and "agitation" = Brownian motion where l 'together does not move even if everything is agitated inside]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/08/13, 14:51

I would just like to draw attention to the somewhat misleading title:

a) there are excellent products at a hard-discounter like Norma ("organic" range)

b) we find great crap in chic "upscale" stores

It is of course the intrinsic quality of the food that we must look into, not a "hut of range" / "low cost" opposition.

I recently saw "organic" coconut fats and with all the labels, the "top" what, and expensive of course. Except that it remains saturated fat at 95% ...

The sardines or mackerel from Lidl are excellent next door ... (not expensive at all).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/08/13, 15:06

I recently saw "organic" coconut fats and with all the labels, the "top" what, and expensive of course. Except that it remains saturated fat at 95% ...
We must nuance this discourse widely on saturated fats, they play as important a role as unsaturated fats. The problem comes mainly from the amount absorbed, the form in which they are absorbed, the way they are cultivated, extracted and prepared (much more problematic than being saturated)
The sardines or mackerel from Lidl are excellent next door ... (not expensive at all).
everything is relative, given that sardines and mackerel are garbage cans of the sea like shellfish and indeed if the criterion is simply taste, it suffices to add flavoring additives and continue to sell "shit" as said elsewhere. (especially since Lidl as a reference, we can do better!)
0 x