Cleaning the stove glass with simple wood

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Cleaning the stove glass with simple wood

by the middle » 14/01/13, 12:00

Hello my people,
A co-worker gave me a good tip for cleaning the windows of the inserts or stove ...
No need for chemicals with a lost plastic bottle.
I tested, it's simple and perfect.
Just take a dish sponge, which "itches a little" (each country gives a name to these plastic sponges with a side which "itches")
Wet this sponge a little, and place a little wood ash on the scratching surface.
Clean your window and rinse it, the result is better than the products of the super market.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/01/13, 12:28

If you want to micro scratch your window and make it catch the calamine better and better the solution is super effective I think :) ...

Otherwise there is another, even simpler solution. :) .
Calamine does not like water, suddenly I do like that for a few years it works very well:

1 / we take a bowl with a little water in it and a classic sponge, which does not scratch :) .
2 / have cold cleaned as much as possible
3 / warmed the glass slightly, did not wait for the glass to be hot :) .

3 / have taken up the sponge and rubbed by pressing

4 / if traces remain, take a sheet of newspaper (which is already abrasive)

5 / if there are still traces there have taken a sponge which itches

6 / if there is still traces left with ash ...

But if you have to get to number 6 to get a clean glass, there is a combustion problem ...

Personally, no clean glass system on my auto modify stove, and a simple cold sponge stroke is enough to have a clean glass, except when at the end of the fire the primary air has not been reopened, there in this case there is a light layer of very fine tar but which requires me to preheat the glass to keep everything clean, see at most a blow of newspaper, but nothing more ...

For a pellet stove normally the sponge is sufficient each time otherwise there is a problem.
The interior of the fireplace is also a sign of good or bad combustion ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/01/13, 14:12

Hack!
There are two of us using this system, and it works wonderfully
And when it comes to combustion, all the stoves are not the same ...
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 14/01/13, 14:32

I also use the damp sponge and ash, but not the scraping side of the sponge, just the sponge on the sponge side with ash.

About every 15 days. Because at night I burn slowly, and not at all optimized ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/01/13, 14:36

ha !, even better
I also use the damp sponge and ash, but not the scraping side of the sponge, just the sponge on the sponge side with ash.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/01/13, 14:42

You do as you want Lejustemilieu, it's not my stove or my glass;).

As for the technique I repeat to you it's been almost three years since I cleaned the stove glass like that, and the one that was in place before did not burn well at all and a black glass was almost an obligation ... .

However with water and a warm glass so to speak the glass regained a total youth ...

no ash, just newspaper which is more than enough.

And if it really is super dirty you have to look elsewhere to see where the problem comes from, wet wood too maybe ...
and to say that all the stoves do not have the same combustion I agree but logically a combustion must be clean and what more resembling a clean combustion than another clean combustion :) ...
So who says bad combustion says bad performance says pollution and wastes, here is simply what I say, without judgments, it's just an observation ...

And the argument of the two of us using this technique is not one in my eyes without wanting to offend you the least in the world (I try rather a constructive criticism;)).

Now just try with your spontex and water on warm glass, and just sponge water and warm glass and tell me what result you have;) ...

I am rather in the logic of not damaging something when we can avoid it, coupled with a principle of precaution;), or just the water and the soft sponge ... :)
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/01/13, 22:12

Ha the messages crossed, good view that I do not want to die stupid I will try the ash on a corner of glass :) ...
But the scratching side is to be handled with softness and tact, it's like the little blackcurrant pimousse;) ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/13, 12:58

Ah well it can be cleaned by hand? : Cheesy:

At home a good hot outbreak and the windows become more or less clean. I think I have a "clean windows" air supply system ...

Here is my stove: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post110998.html#110998

Photo of the "not too dirty" window:

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/01/13, 18:29

Ash is an abrasive, fine, certainly, but an abrasive nonetheless and I am of the opinion of Bidouille23: be careful!
In the past, we sometimes used a plug at the wet end (to adhere the ash) dipped in the ash to polish the blades of the knives (in non-stainless steel) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/01/13, 19:03

I must admit that at home, the glass is very dirty .... when I'm away and it's my wife who manages the story ... :?
0 x