Tips to use less energy at home

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Tips to use less energy at home

by Rulian » 03/10/05, 17:20

Hello !

Post in this topic your tips and the original means you use to limit your energy consumption at home.

This section is for everything that is not offered in the "Advice" section of KH.

Goods.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 03/10/05, 22:02

The electrical outlets with switch and a track of everything that can be running (battery chargers, laptops, IR headphones, ...).

I doubled the interior face of my blinds with a reflective insulating material.

I use an electric kettle, and when the water is boiling, I make the tea and the Caro then I put the remaining water in a thermos. When I need hot water, I use the thermos. The next day, I put the remaining water in the thermos in my kettle and I complete with tap water.

When you cook, to heat the water, you use the electric kettle and put the boiling water in the pots then turn on the gas afterwards. This limits the greenhouse effect. Of course, use the covers and stop the gas a little before the end of cooking.

Modification of my extractor hood: It has an internal lever which allows to pass from recycling to evacuation of air to the outside. I modified my hood by connecting this internal lever to a pull tab that can be easily operated from the outside, without having to remove the grates to change the positioning of the exhaust. This is very easy to recycle, which in winter prevents a large amount of hot air from being exhausted into the air.

The peripherals of non-current use of my PCs are connected to a power strip with switch in order to cut them in normal use.

I 'actively' manage the opening and closing of the shutters of my house in order to make the most of the sunshine and keep the temperature of the house.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 04/10/05, 08:32

This is a potential Kyot'Home or I know nothing about it :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/10/05, 18:56

http://www.linternaute.com/savoir/gestes-n...ure/index.shtml

some ideas for kyothome² and its probable evolutions ... (kyauto, kyothomme ...:D )

I will complete to make "econologists" files
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/10/05, 00:46

Hello,
Did you know that certain electricity distributors charge you for reactive current. Normally we should only be billed for kilowatts and on Kilovoltampere ,. I’m happy for readers who are less familiar with electricity
all consumption in heating, an electric lamp is only in kW, for motors it is quite different the current consumed by a motor is kVA if it is multiplied by the power factor (cos)
gets kw. normally all new engines have a good power factor.

To be practical, a simple way to know if your supplier makes you pay the kva, it is enough to extend everything the electrical devices the meter must not turn, we plug a capacitor of 7 or 15microfarad, which comes to hand ( not an electrolytic) we check, if the counter turns, it is that your supplier makes you pay for the wind, because a consensor on an electric circuit produces nothing and consumes nothing.
Now if you have an electric fan motor
or any other motor used for long hours, it is worth balancing it with capacitors it lowers the consumption by 1/3 (that's what I put on my motor heat pump by 5hp)

Explanation.
Normally an asynchronous electric motor when it runs idle should consume very little current, but it is quite different if we measure with an amperometric clamp we notice that it draws almost as much current as under load, it is not friction or internal cooling which absorbs as much energy, this is the reactive current,
To balance this motor it is enough to put in parallel capacitors
normally 25 to 40 microfarads is enough, I put it until the current does not drop any more, on a motor which always works with ventilation this represents 3 less amperes for a year it is a small gain,
all that to tell you that our electricity supplier is stealing from us.
In large industries they charge for the reagent, I remember that we used idle synchronous motors to compensate for the reactive ...
Here few people are concerned with this, our consumption is quite
important the big winter months I consume 3500kw per month and for a year 26250kw and c, is considered excellent because I heat and I condition with a geothermal heat pump, The condensers do not influence much such consumption it is more by experience, but once installed it's life.
Andre
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 05/10/05, 06:42

hello andré
it's playing on cos (phy), it's forbidden
normally with a three-phase meter you can display 0kwh whatever the electrical consumption.
EDF has the means to calculate this and come and do a check.

on three-phase motors the angle of phy is registered (compulsory) it is he who determines the consumption of the motor.

manu
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/05, 10:05

not well ca andré !!
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 05/10/05, 10:14

Bonjour à tous
For me reactive consumption is not counted in France for individuals, there is only one active counter. And I don't see why it would be forbidden to put condos in compensation because it is rather very favorable for the network and the production and, in fact, unfavorable to the consumer whose meter will see more and more active power .. Anyway, there is already work to remove all the fraudsters (without counting) so I don't see the relievers (who are no longer EDF agents) making measurements ...
For manufacturers there are active and reactive meters for penalties and encourage them to install compensating capacitors. Afterwards on the network we install in MV (medium voltage ex 20 KV) batteries of condos, and on the highest voltage too, there were for example synchronous compensators (motors absorbing or supplying reagent), condos, reactors for the night because of the high-voltage cables under no-load voltage that make up the condo, and there are the production groups, but obviously it is expensive to run a group of power stations to compensate ...
Michel
0 x
Other

by Other » 05/10/05, 16:12

Hello,
Plasmanu, everything is prohibited in France? In my house I plug in what I want, there is a meter outside that the hydroquebec arranges with, if it does not work to their taste they do not have to change it, their feeding stops there,
after it’s all mine, I’ll see the pagan who’s going to come into my house,
You did not understand the meaning of what I told you, l, Hydroquebec (EDF for you) is bretelels we are told that it only charges us the active current, as the houses have only one meter and that it's wrong to say that this meter only measures pure kilowatts, the proof if you plug in a capacitor only it turns the meter, this is where I don't agree, I have not have to pay for reagent.
They will say yes but it loads the lines it's true he only has to put big wires anyway this has an advantage in winter the ice has more misery to stick!
For michel we have only one counter is c, is quite sufficient it is read with a bar code machine, or telephone wire.

it is perfectly legal to correct its power factor in a house it is even desirable for the distribution of the network.
This applies especially to the old motor with bad cos if we reason in the same way, the motors which have a condenser (run condenser) whose role is only to improve the cos and reactive consumption must be defended at your place?
Sometimes I find it disturbing to see the large quantity of things that are forbidden in your home, I have a hard time believing that you cannot adjust your power factor in a private house, this is only an advantage for EDF, (less for invoicing) I think it would be easier for you to describe what is allowed as in a collective work agreement it might be shorter .... it will make ZAC smile.
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 05/10/05, 16:29

Hello
Yes André, it really makes me laugh :D .But on the other hand it pisses me off to live with sheep. :(
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.