Calories, diet and sport: a review of human energy

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Calories, diet and sport: a review of human energy

by Christophe » 02/11/10, 10:41

Diet, calories and energy balance of the man: nutrients are indicated on all agroindustrial foods (except fruit and vegetable and bulk) but what is actually vis-à-vis our body?

When we eat 1 Calories (actually, energetically, it's a Kilocalories but the term Kilo should not do well in nutrition books ...), how much do we equate with? How much do we use (a man at rest emits 70W in thermal form permanently)? How much do we stock? How much can an average body store energy per day at a maximum (fat production)? What is the muscular output of a man? What is the maximum thermal power emitted by a man? Etc., etc...

In other words: this subject will have to try to answer the following question, how is the energy of the diet used and what is the energy balance of a human being (and by extension of animal propulsion)?

Obviously this depends on the person and probably the type of calories (1 calorie in slow sugars, fast or fat is not used in the same way), but we will try to speak on average.

In fact I wanted to answer the following on this subject:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/calcul-bes ... 10106.html
but I think the question deserves to be highlighted:

clasou wrote:
Christophe wrote:I recently bought a bike computer that calculates calories burned and the fat equivalence ...

I have the following equivalence: 1 km = 1 gram of fat = 20 calories (we speak obviously of Calories so Kilocalories). The muscle yield is of the order of 20%.

Except error 1 gr of fast sugar is 4 calories, when gram fat is 9 calories.
the fatter element the oil is 900 calories to 100gr.

1 gram of fat = 9 Calories (Kilocalories) = 9 * 4.18 kJ = 38 kJ, that is for 1 kg 38 000 kJ. This is actually the good value in raw energy.

It is always delicate with the nouriture because it is necessary to distinguish raw and net energy (usable or storable). What is indicated on the packaging is the raw energy contained in the food.

The numbers I gave are the equivalences given on the meter during the energy loss. That is to say that to provide a mechanical calorie muscle (muscle performance 20%) it was necessary to spend 5 storage calories (fat) ... problem it does not stick with at all with the equivalence of the counter ... to opposite...

However, if we have the equivalent 1g of fat which contains 9 Calories = 20 Calories expended, it is because either there is a "bug" in the calculation of the counter, or it speaks in "raw energy that we have eaten" . We can eat 20 Calories to store only 9 corresponding to the gram of melted fat, but that seems enormous to me as a storable proportion ...

Indeed; when we eat 100 calories, we do not assimilate 100 (part remains in the "duct"), we spend it directly and we therefore only store a small part. In my opinion the storage is less than 1% ... but as said above it depends on the body and the type of calorie.

Should get hold of studies, maybe there are some numbers in this one: https://www.econologie.com/stockage-et-p ... -3133.html

Read also: https://www.econologie.com/forums/alimentati ... t8851.html

In short: let's try to make light on these points together ...
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 11 / 10, 14: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 02/11/10, 11:22

interesting:
I bring my little stone to the building with this graph especially to show that instantaneous power and average power over a longer or shorter period are considered because they are obviously very different.
it also makes me think that I read something that the famous power of the "horse" was approximately the power average of a horse on udo not work day
0 x
Click my signature
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/11/10, 12:53

... still a thread to get me out of my hinges : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/10, 13:46

Pkoi Obamot? We are allergic to sport?

Super Dirk Pitt, thanks for the curve, if you have the source it's even better *

We now have a precise idea of ​​the useful energy MECHANICAL, remains to find the muscular output.

I had read one day that it was in the 20% range and I easily remembered it because it was (strangely) similar to an internal combustion engine. Now it must have the same variations according to the individuals (and therefore the "quality" of the muscles and the state of health of the organism) as for the max power.

* this answer is maybe on the source of this curve?

ps: yes for the horse, it is the average power on a day (10 to 12h) ... because in instantaneous a horse can do much more (see subject of grelinette: https://www.econologie.com/forums/attelage-h ... t6885.html for details)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/11/10, 14:01

On econology I found this performance for the pedal of the pedal plane!
A sacred scientific and technical performance !!
To find on econology late last year!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/10, 14:02

Good in application of the previous curve: How much Calories and equivalent in fat does an average human consume in doing 1h sports?

Let us take an "average average" athlete: 120W continuously for 1 hour.

120 W = 120 mechanical joules per second = 120 / 4.18 = 29 mechanical calories per second (note these are small calories)

From where on one hour: 29 * 3600 = 104400 calories either 104 Kilocalorie or Calories (always mechanical).

If we assume, to verify, that the muscle yield is 20% and that 100% of the energy comes from the stored fat of the user then we have:

104 * 5 = 520 Thermal calories expended either 520 / 9 = 57 grams of fat.

Since 100% of the energy does not come from the fat, the reality will necessarily be lower, if 50% comes from the fat, the subject will have lost after one hour 25 to 30 grams / 520 Calories.

It seems a little high but plausible? What do you think?

Funny, if I resume, really by chance, the data of my meter we fall on the same order of magnitude: 1 g fat = 20 calories. The "bug" that I did not explain above therefore very probably comes from the fact that 100% of the energy of an effort does not come from its fat reserves ... but around 50%.

ps: on the same bike computer I have an estimate in "instantaneous calories". I will try to understand what it corresponds to exactly (the instructions are fuzzy on the definition). Because "instant calories" is logically a power ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/11/10, 14:02

I answered you in the other thread, but as asked I follow here:

: Shock: Yes, I saw, do you also have additives to put in the "engine", to improve its performance? 8)

It is dangerous these paintings, and it is not without reminding me of the experiments on the humans during llle Rich ... I exaggerate, but it has nothing to please ...

Especially when I read this:
Christophe wrote:Diet, calories and energy balance of man

We can do everything ... except recommend dieting!

Christophe wrote:le best understood weight / autonomy / efficiency / power but also safety (do not forget that the helmet is not necessary on VAE) ...

It's scary to read that in these terms, and I guess you meant "not mandatory"because it is necessary, it is necessarily: we will not endanger the life of the cyclist for a performance issue :!: : Evil:

... when is the quantification of pleasure?
... when is the quantification of performance improvement thanks to "obligatory pleasure"? (That's for laughing, but a tense laugh : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: )

Nothing to wouar with my legendary aversion to the sport (I laugh) :P But this:

"Long term human power capability"

MDR!

You are not there at all, the correct way would be to study the effects of the serotonin / dopamine couple (to speak only of these two). One acting on pleasure, the other on desire. Such tables and analyzes and tentative quantification are next to the plate. With all my respect!

... the performances ... coughed, coughed ..
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/10, 14:39

Obamot wrote:Especially when I read this:
Christophe wrote:Diet, calories and energy balance of man

We can do everything ... except recommend dieting!

Also answered on the other subject:

Christophe on the other subject wrote:We must take the term diet as diet and not diet aimed at losing weight. It seems to me that diet is the generic term to designate all the nutritional contributions ... Anorexics or convalescents also do cured diets ... but "high calorie".

However, marketing and popular thought currently assimilate the word "diet" to, of course, its most well-known form in our overfed societies: the "weight loss diet" ...
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 02/11/10, 15:58

First, I say that what I say is a remainder of a book that I was interested in, there is soon 30 years.

So 1 gr fast sugar 4 cal.
1 gr of grease 9 cal

a man base body is 1800 calories per day, above stckage if not used.

The body transforms it's calorie let's say that 100 gr of honey too are going to be transformed into storable complex fat so 400 quick sugar cal would make 45 gr of fat.

For difficult human performance because when you ride a bike is primarily the legs that consumes only one engine among the multitude we have.

During the effort there is (unless I am mistaken) the first 20 seconds which are mostly aerobic energy then goes into anaerobic (for that certainly that when starting you can get into a dancer and then sit down ( we stabilize)

Greases need to be modified to be usable, and like any fuel the oxygen supply is paramount for the best fuel efficiency.
I do not really hope to say bullshit and I lost my son.
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/11/10, 16:59

It is very theoretical and has little value in the long term, given current knowledge (ie "Medicine 2.0")

Christophe wrote:Also answered on the other subject:
Nope but! : Cheesy: ... you continue to answer from one thread to the other diwouar : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
Last edited by Obamot the 02 / 11 / 10, 17: 17, 3 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"