Evaluate its releases of CO2 according to its consumption

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Capt_Maloche

Evaluate its releases of CO2 according to its consumption

by Capt_Maloche » 07/12/07, 15:02

I want to evaluate the CO2 emissions of my car according to my consumption

1 kg of liquid fuel = 0.8kg of carbon.
In CO2 it is necessary to multiply by 3.67.

https://www.econologie.com/equation-de-combustion-articles-638.html a écrit : Knowing that the density of gasoline is 0.74 kg / l and that 1 grams of gasoline burned 3.09 grams of CO2, it comes: 0.74 * 3.09 = 2.28 kg CO2 per liter of gasoline burned.

These 2.28 kg occupy a volume of 2280 / 44 * 25 = 1295 L of CO2 released per liter of gasoline consumed.

Likewise for the H2O: the report fuel consumption on rejections of CO2 is 162 / 114 = 1.42
hence: 0.74 * 1.42 = 1.05 kg of H2O per liter of petrol burned.

Conclusion

A vehicle consuming 1 L gasoline will therefore reject a little more than a kilo of water and 2.3 kg of CO2.

So for my space, which is about 8,8 l / 100 gasoline, how many g CO2 per Km?

so I'm doing 8.8L / 100km x 2 280g = 200 g / km of CO2
does it stick for you?

This means that to make less fateful 160g, you need to consume less 7L / 100 gasoline

And for the Gasoil?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 07/12/07, 15:12

ACH, CHENIAL!

http://fiches-auto.lacentrale.fr/fiche- ... -2004.html

The space in verchion 1.9DCI is in dechous of 160crammes
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 07/12/07, 21:20

Capt_Maloche wrote:ACH, CHENIAL!

http://fiches-auto.lacentrale.fr/fiche- ... -2004.html

The space in verchion 1.9DCI is in dechous of 160crammes

So the diesels will sell from + to + ......

For the LPG do you know the coefficient multiplier?

In this rule of "penalty" to the CO2 emitted, it is not taken into account whether the vehicle will travel 10 or 000 km in a year, which is of course impossible .... but it would be more logical to tax vehicle owners according to the number of grams of CO100 emitted per km X number of kms traveled in the year ... a sort of tax on the CO000 emitted, to be paid at the end of the year.

If you have a 4X4 sending 300 g CO2 / km and it rolls very little on paths in the countryside (this is the case of peasants of Cantal who moan: I saw it tonight info) they do not go not send more CO2 than a taxi or commercial that makes its 100 000 kms a year with a vehicle just below the 160 g.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/12/07, 12:43

Well, you just found the right answer by yourself!

instead of taxing all the vehicles without a dictation of mileage carried out, it would be better to directly tax the incriminated product: THE FUEL

but obviously, it will dissuade less to buy polluting cars, whatever ... when one buys a vehicle of more than 30 000 €, 1000 € more or less ...

The most "fair" would be a tax on fuel

But where it's not fair is that guys like NLC do not get bonuses to go bike riding
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/07, 13:06

Capt_Maloche wrote:instead of taxing all the vehicles without a dictation of mileage carried out, it would be better to directly tax the incriminated product: THE FUEL

Yes always comes back to the same point: tax pollution!

Janco and Hulot even want, by right and by extension to revive the French industry and fight against the deloc, transfer the wage costs on energy! This is a very good method ... econologically speaking and medium term!

Only voila: who will agree to vote for kk1 which will tax more and therefore lower its famous "purchasing power"? Even if in the long term this purchasing power with such a method will increase again due to the "reindustrialisation" of France! Voters rarely see more than the tip of their noses ...

It's very unfortunate but it's like that ...

Alors when the greens proposed to decrease the tipp / tic it is a maneuver that show well that the environment is not their target 1er : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 08/12/07, 13:16

Hello,

The term bothers me:
But where it's not fair is that guys like NLC do not get bonuses to go bike riding

I value you a lot, but associate NLC with others types, I think it is not appropriate, I would say "Monsieur" or "Sieur".

We must return to Caesar ...
This only binds me!
A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/07, 13:23

About bike bonuses, I'm reluctant but in 2001, I proposed to the Strasbourg TOWN HALL to study a system of monetary or fiscal BONUS to encourage cycling.

I was clearly sent on the roses ... pretending that a public institution could not pay individuals ...

In short have not sprained in their response ... and have not sought to develop the idea more than that.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/12/07, 13:01

A car just polluting 8) who will perform 15 Annual 000km will send: 15000x160 / 1000 = 2 400 Kg of Co2

And a human, it rejects how many Co2 per day / month / year? Organic waste methane gas included? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/07, 13:43

Capt_Maloche wrote:And a human, it rejects how many Co2 per day / month / year? Organic waste methane gas included? : Cheesy:

Methaniferous waste included I do not know but for the CO2 respiratory pure I had done the calculation a few years ago, it's far from negligible for 6 Billion man.

The order of magnitude is 20% oil releases.

The difference with petroleum is that it is "food" carbon which has been absorbed by the plants that we eat .... as the basis of the food chain are plants ... unfortunately there are other releases . The simpler the food ("pure" cereals for example), the less its CO2 impact.

Here are some figures following the meat: https://www.econologie.com/viande-co2-et ... -3230.html

When the "big guy" said "Eat apples ..." he wasn't 100% wrong, with "locales" it would have been even better ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/07, 13:47

Capt_Maloche wrote:A car just polluting 8) who will perform 15 Annual 000km will send: 15000x160 / 1000 = 2 400 Kg of Co2

People rarely realize that heating their home consumes and often releases a lot more CO2 than their car (s).

As "we" reason in €, we always have the impression that the car therefore consumes more pollution than the boiler ... but it is often the reverse!

Indeed; an annual consumption of 2000L for a house of 4 people (which is a fairly low value on average), represents 40000 km (which is a lot) for a car that consumes 5L / 100!...You see what I mean?
0 x