Artificial photosynthesis x300, soon more co2?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
claude07
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Artificial photosynthesis x300, soon more co2?

by claude07 » 17/03/07, 21:13

(from futura-sciences.com http://www.futura-sciences.com/news-pho ... _10502.php)

A group of researchers from Kyoto University developed a material that could be used to reproduce at low cost photosynthesis.

This innovation could allow the use of cheap systems and effective in synthesizing sugars and ethanol from light and carbon dioxide. This system would also have the advantage of reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Under the leadership of Dr. Hideki Koyanaka, researchers used an innovative technique of combustion to produce very pure manganese dioxide particles, of the size of several nanometers. The material developed is based on manganese, which costs a few hundred yen (about a few euros) per kilo and plays here a preponderant role in photosynthesis. The small size of the particles makes the material more reactive and effective in imitation of the natural phenomenon of photosynthesis.

In theory, researchers believe that this material should be able to reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere 300 times more efficiently than plants. In view of the low cost of their system, they plan to market their material in practical, small-scale devices that would reduce carbon dioxide emissions at the source, that is, which would be embedded in cars or used by factories.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/03/07, 22:02

nature and research have not finished, indeed we reserve surprises, some pretty good.

It does not prevent that there are places where it would still have to reforest solidly, in the Marne and Picardy, for example, or in Flanders
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/03/07, 06:20

so, goodbye my sunroof in favor of this solar collector of a new type? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/03/07, 08:34

0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/03/07, 10:59

It was telling me something :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Draco02
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

sultan

by Draco02 » 19/03/15, 08:45

The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) has launched the Plant for the Planet initiative: the Billion Tree Campaign. Around the world, individuals and organizations from diverse backgrounds such as civil society, the private sector or the state are encouraged to register their commitment to plant trees on this site. The goal is to plant at least a billion trees around the world in 2007.
0 x
DaRe DaViL
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/03/15, 10:19

I wouldn't call "good surprise" as you do, Elephant, a technical discovery that, by mitigating one of the limiting factors, ensures the possibility of continuing the same mistakes.
Or will it be necessary to construct a double world, in which the causes of the first would be encouraged in the same way, in which in the second, the consequences would be effaced?
Let us not forget, in the absurd hypothesis where it would be possible for the physical aspects, that psychic damage does not involve any parry other than illusory.

As for the planting of trees, which sees that there is no contradiction between the destruction of nature, a condition for the short-term pursuit of our little material comfort, and the building of a screen of good conscience preserving our moral comfort?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/03/15, 14:11

Hello,
Planting trees has nothing to do with the original subject but is an excellent initiative for the planet.

Not only to repopulate the forests, but also in the cultivated fields http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... 23384.php4
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/03/15, 17:21

"Save the planet" is an absurd as much as a false slogan, but so effective ... :frown:
Newspeak has a future!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/03/15, 18:38

Out of curiosity, what gives a tree in an area of ​​dead land stuffed with fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides and other nuggets and whose superficial roots are plowed? :|
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."