UNEP: a billion trees in 2007!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

UNEP: a billion trees in 2007!

by Christophe » 15/03/07, 22:54

The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) has launched the Plant for the Planet initiative: the Billion Tree Campaign. Around the world, individuals and organizations from diverse backgrounds such as civil society, the private sector or the state are encouraged to register their commitment to plant trees on this site. The goal is to plant at least a billion trees around the world in 2007.

http://www.unep.org/billiontreecampaign ... /index.asp

Doesn't hurt a billion trees, doesn't it? : Shock:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 16/03/07, 00:20

Nice, but I have a lot of trees on my land and hedges (which I partially trimmed today) there is really more room to add;

The chore of leaves is copious in the fall except for the laurel hedge and a few other shrubs whose leaves do not fall.

The size is copious twice a year; thank you my back : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
belze1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

ridiculously small !!!

by belze1 » 16/03/07, 14:51

On a global scale, 1 trees represent
a square of about 32 km by 32 km with one tree planted every meter; all this divided by the number of countries, it represents a drop of water in the ocean !!!
0 x
Christophe

Re: ridiculously small !!!

by Christophe » 16/03/07, 15:41

belze1 wrote:On a global scale, 1 trees represent
a square of about 32 km by 32 km with one tree planted every meter; all this divided by the number of countries, it represents a drop of water in the ocean !!!

Well seen the comparison although every 1m I think it will not go to make a big beautiful tree with plenty of stored carbon!

But when I said "huge" it was mainly in terms of manpower and the work to be done to plant these trees ...
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."