Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Philosophy: Will warming exterminate man?

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 15:50

It's a bit futuristic and cynical like Topic but I would like to know your different opinions on the issue. The question concerns a total disappearance of the human species the fact (direct or indirect) of the warming we have started ...

For my part I think that, except very serious "spontaneous" runaway, the human species (at least a very small proportion) will always manage to adapt .... it is enough to see where it started there is 30 years ...

On the other hand if new forms of contagious virulent diseases developed ... the situation would be different ...
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 23/11/06, 16:40

The total disappearance of the human species ... this is an interesting subject, a mixture of fiction and non-reality!
Because of this extinction of our life, global warming or many other reasons for that matter ... I also think that "the weakest will die and the strongest will survive" it's a bit science fiction but I stick to the theme !

Each year, Nostradamus or Paco Rabanne predict the worst but so far nothing has been verified so ...
may be that having anticipated a minimum global warming, our body will undergo new transformations that will allow us to better adapt and therefore support these misdeeds?
0 x
Together we can change the
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 23/11/06, 16:42

And do not forget that when we look at the evolution of the human body, adaptation is possible and even necessary for survival!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/11/06, 21:18

Extinction, maybe not, but strong and fast regulation, it's likely ...
This is what has always happened on this planet when species were no longer in line with the environment.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 29/11/06, 20:38

According to you, what will be the major changes due to the evolution of our environment ?!
I find it interesting to anticipate and project in this eventuality (certain?).
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 29/11/06, 20:54

Chris does not forget that for a virus to be "effective", it must not be too effective, otherwise it will kill his host before it is transmitted.

Otherwise the diseases transmitted by mosquitoes look good, considering that with the climate change that we undergo, they are the first to benefit.
As said zac, I'm going to equip myself with goldfish :) or dragonflies.

The frog clan unfortunately seems to be losing speed, the poor.
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 29/11/06, 21:22

When I asked my question it was an answer of the style, will we become amphibious? etc.
What do you think we could have more (or less) over the next few years to survive in our world?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 29/11/06, 21:55

freddau wrote:As said zac, I'm going to equip myself with goldfish :) or dragonflies.

The frog clan unfortunately seems to be losing speed, the poor.

Hello

The frog it works too, but the tadpoles as soon as they become frog are boring, believe me in the middle therme is that the guppie, the ty lapiat or for the metropolis the red fish that lasts : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
rabbit of the woods
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rabbit of the woods » 29/11/06, 22:26

The different elements that I have collected a total disappearance of the human species is not totally unrealistic (even if it remains unlikely)
First of all what we know (see "an inconvenient truth") the global warming initiated since the beginning of the century is unprecedented in a hundred years we have reached levels of CO2 higher than what they could be the last 600000 years (capture of co2 in the ice cores at the north pole).
The phenomenon is growing:
-The melting of permafrost releasing methane (23 times more powerful than co2) by decomposition of organic matter.
-The deforestation of Amazonian forests and in general tropical forests around the world by poor people, for agriculture or simply as firewood.
-The emergence of rapidly developing countries like China that requires a lot of energy (obviously fossil) and the possibility of seeing another equally greedy country (China already undertreat in Africa)
-The increase of the world population (therefore frantic resource consumer ..)
All this proves that the warming will continue and grow as all the simulations show.

Global climate change involves more and more heat wave which means more and more death. by going towards a desertification which will widen towards the poles.
Glaciers and pack ice will melt, increasing the level of the waters and creating a massive exodus of people living on flooded land.
there will therefore be less and less habitable land and therefore conflicts for living space (a third world war in such a crisis context is quite plausible)

Now we can imagine a lot of scenarios:
If we take March, we know that it has had on its surface a lot of water that furrows several tens of kilometers or more; This water is partly in the form of ice below the surface but the vast majority of the water is escaping into the space decomposed by ultraviolet rays. On Earth the ozone layer is pierced at the poles and passes ultraviolet but there is no decompositions of water in the atmosphere because the temperature is too low for the water vapor rises high enough; now if the temperature rises enough on earth to completely melt the ice and warm the ocean at the poles it is quite possible that the water escapes into space (like a giant cocote minute) and that in the end the earth takes on a pretty red hue : Cry: : Cry: (and what is the atmosphere of March ... 99% of co2 ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 00:26

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."