Kyot'Home kitchen?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Kyot'Home kitchen?

by Bibiphoque » 29/06/06, 11:57

Hello,

Referring on a fishing tip, for connoisseurs cooking seeds of oak, I came to an idea, because this principle can very well be used for cooking some foods, if we have time, of course. : Cheesy:

It is recommended for the cooking of the seeds to use a thermos with wide opening where one places the rinsed seeds with the hot water which one covers with boiling water and one closes the thermos.
Cooking seeds is quite long with this system, it takes about ten hours.
But the big advantage is that we do not heat during this time, the heat remains confined inside.
Normal cooking of the seeds with a gas fire takes about 2 hours.
: Idea: We must be able to extrapolate for food, moreover, this cooking below 100 ° preserves all, or almost, the vitamins!
Immagine the economy achieved with this principle, a casserole releases heat on all sides and in the steam that escapes.
It is not so difficult to predict cooking the day before or you need it. It's just a habit to take :P
This is not an idea that it is good?
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/06/06, 12:40

Indeed, the idea is good.
So good that others had before you. : Lol:

An "adiabatic enclosure" (thermo technique to designate a thermally insulated container like a thermos) in which one puts a food that was previously heated so that the cooking is prolonged without additional energy supply, the concept exists for a long time and s 'calls' the Norwegian pot'.

Here is a page that explains the concept, gives examples and explanations: http://www.onpeutlefaire.com/fichestech ... gienne.php
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 29/06/06, 13:37

Cool, I knew, but with the thermos, it's better !! : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/06/06, 13:43

Bibiphoque wrote:Cool, I knew, but with the thermos, it's better !! : Mrgreen:
@+

Go get your beef bourguignon in a thermos, you!
: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 29/06/06, 15:32

Hi,
There are large models with wide opening!

: Cheesy: Pi here is Flemish carbonnade we eat! : Mrgreen:
@pluche
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 30/06/06, 09:25

Bibiphoque wrote:Hi,
There are large models with wide opening!

A good carbonnade takes three hours to simmer. I think this system must work well, but the problem is to accumulate heat at once to the food and then lose a lot of it during the transfer.
I see more a bain-marie system in a thermal frigobox type.
I will try the next carbonnade.
0 x