Anti-hail cannons nitrate in Roissy?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Anti-hail cannons nitrate in Roissy?

by Christophe » 25/06/14, 09:45

Hail and mysterious experiences in Roissy: the crazy rumor launched by a deputy

The UMP deputy of Oise, Lucien Degauchy, implied Tuesday that the bad weather that hit France in early June were due to anti-hail experiments conducted by the Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport. More details.

(...)

"" More and more insistent rumors, emanating from people claiming to be very well informed, point to anti-hail experiments carried out at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport, with new techniques and products. This would cause the formation of hailstones which fell 80 km around Roissy "at the beginning of the month. An outing to which Secretary of State Frédéric Cuvillier has chosen to respond seriously." These are only rumors. Obviously we don't use nitrate cannons, "he said.

(...)

http://www.planet.fr/societe-grele-et-m ... 29336.html

Anti-hail cannons have been used for a long time but their effectiveness is subject to precautions: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_anti-gr%C3%AAle

"I can not find anyone in the scientific community who validates the concept of anti-hail guns ... It would actually be very difficult to separate its effect from what happens in the chaos of the storm."
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/06/14, 14:04

Maybe he's confused with an anti-copé gun? Or, he found an explanation for the rain of millions of euros that fell on the UMP ???

What is certain is that climate change has nothing to do with it!

[By the way, he explains how the hail on the Massif-Central and I do not know where everywhere in France?]
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/06/14, 19:13

can we count on the Union of Professional Liaisons to get an answer?

even if they give an answer we prefer to believe the opposite ...

more seriously, the nitrate of silver, it favors the formation of the hail, thus makes a multitude of smaller grain less dangerous than the big ones which are done naturally

but this is the question: if silver nitrate is effective or used voluntarily, could it not be dangerous elsewhere?

it would take serious information (no liars)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/06/14, 23:04

we had a subject on it, led by the US Army ...

Inoculate by air with silver iodide / nitrate, which acts as a germ for condensation ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/14, 23:09

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/06/14, 23:13

yes, but I realize that we had talked about it in the margins.

Read this:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensemencem ... tilisation

this is not "nonsense", we can influence the precipitation with silver salts.

At the same time, I think that the hail observed in France is a natural phenomenon.

And I do not quite understand the interest of an airport zone to create a deluge of hail within a radius of 80 km, if it is really possible ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/14, 23:34

Remundo wrote:And I do not quite understand the interest of an airport zone to create a deluge of hail within a radius of 80 km, if it is really possible ...

Absolutely, and in the article there is a paradox: use anti-hail cannons ... to make hail! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/14, 09:41

These stories, we talked about it with a lot of hope to tell it where I was studying - 70 years!

There were two directions of research:

- to rain in the arid zones: it was then necessary to sow the clouds which laughed to pass without it raining; Little chance to wash in a blue sky!

- unleash small squalls that do not do damage instead of big ones, especially in wine growing areas ...

And then, I have not heard much about it.

Basically, the meteorological phenomena are so powerful, and are above all energetic phenomena (imagine the fridge that it is necessary to produce the 1million ton of equal in a few minutes!).

So if the silver iodide "cat pee" were to have an effect, it is so weak and random that I have the impression that it hardly interests a UMP deputy in disarray ...

Indeed, the planes being in descent I do not know how many miles around the runway, I do not see how ADP could act? Perhaps, by "treating" a thunderstorm which arrives laterally and flies straight into the take-off and landing cones ??? Maybe they have that hope ...

But anyway, this hail would have fallen somewhere! If it was not before Roissy, it was after ...

They see this very clearly, in aviation, in their radars ... Even the radars on board the planes indicate to the pilots the turbulent zones and the hail zones (especially above the equator, where they risk being seriously shaken and confused, normally)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/06/14, 10:01

I agree: an airport has no need to play to change the hail: it has accurate weather information to help the aircraft to avoid the dangers ... the ground installations are solid and risk nothing of the all

it's not like the farmer who is being slaughtered with every big hail, but who does not have the financial means to play the sorcerer's apprentice ... except maybe the winemakers of the grand cru

the sky is big! send rocket with silver salt to every threat of hail without great guarantee of result it must be ruinous

the cannons are simpler: it is only a big shock: consumes only energy, and it seems that it is still sold by some company so it must be used
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 26/06/14, 20:49

La Ferté Alais devastated by hail

11th June 2014

A hail storm did a lot of damage to the Cerny airfield. The hangars and collectors of La Ferté-Alais have been seriously damaged by hailstones as big as tennis balls. An appeal is made to sympathizers, industrialists and companies who could help repair the damage.

"The fiber cement sheets have been pulverized and chips have penetrated the interlining of many unique machines, some of which, like the Museum's Moranes, are classified as historical monuments," explains Baptiste Salis, President of the Leather Helmets.

The damage is also noted on the aircraft of the Amicale Jean Baptiste Salis and the Memorial Flight: the Firefly and a Bücker 131 are perforated, The Junker 52 sees its chewed sheets, a CP 80 literally pierced through, "like a shells that would have gone through ... "says Cyrille Valente, president of the AJBS which adds that the reserves (parts, fuselages and engines) were also affected as well as the offices and workshops drowned in the rain which did not cease until in the morning, seeping through all the gaps created by hail impacts. So it was underwater that volunteers and employees of the plateau discovered the facilities this morning and could only see the damage on the aircraft.

http://www.aerobuzz.fr/spip.php?article5093
0 x