To live with the crisis. Arte

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

To live with the crisis. Arte

by Christophe » 16/02/10, 20:08

How do we experience the crisis and its consequences on both sides of the Rhine?

Through two emblematic crises, that of the possible disappearance of Opel in Germany and that of the closure of the Chaffoteaux factory in France, the authors of the documentary show the differences of reaction of the parties concerned in each of the countries, employees, employers and authorities. In Eisenach, Jens Köhring and his family lived for twelve months in anguish and withdrawal, in the midst of contradictory statements about the acquisition of the Opel factory, where he works. The US parent company General Motors has finally decided to keep the German brand, but Jens Köhring is not reassured. In Ploufragan, in Brittany, all Chaffoteaux staff mobilized for several months while occupying the plant to prevent its closure. In vain, since the social plan finally imposed by the management has maintained only forty jobs out of two hundred and fifty. What impact can the attitude of politicians have on these dramatic situations? Interviews with economic and social experts complete the testimony of those concerned.

http://www.arte.tv/
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 02 / 10, 23: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

On living with the crisis

by bobono » 16/02/10, 21:21

He should more than go to see the Greeks, the Spanish with their Socialo government. We had a blast with our SARKO hatchet even Greek treasury to help them.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/02/10, 19:57

bobono wrote:SARKO hatchet even Greek treasury bonds

LUMBERMAN!!!

There is competition, take out your AX : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/02/10, 20:03

0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 17/02/10, 21:18

a serious crisis that any government will struggle to stem
but can a government put itself in the shoes of a boss or a large group (except nationalized groups)
most of the time the action of the latter is "to move back to better jump" and long therme nothing changes
loads in France are of a level too high but facing the Chinese, even being at least one will be too expensive.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/02/10, 19:36

Just as European countries have scuttled African agriculture by massively exporting subsidized productions, so China destroys our industrial tool thanks to the absence or weakness of the rights of Chinese employees: this is a kind of negative subsidy.
No sustainable system can be based on a social “lowest bidder”.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 19/02/10, 20:42

and yes ! europe, china .... but africa in forty years of independence never knew how to organize, neither its democracy nor its agriculture, it lived on the assets of the colonizers and the dough that one bequeathed.
now the European colonials are gone, but those who arrive will be much worse and I think the future will be even darker .......
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/02/10, 10:55

".... but Africa in forty years of" political, but not economic "independence ...
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 20/02/10, 20:43

t yes! europe, china .... but Africa in forty years of independence never knew how to organize, neither its democracy, nor its agriculture, it lived on the assets of the colonizers and the dough that one bequeathed.

Yes it is true with the organized plunder and the governments set up by the rich and their barbouzes Bongo, buggy ...
Do you know that if Spain were to repay the interest of gold and the rest that it looted in America it would be completely ruined. We can imagine that it is the same for the other developed countries at the moment uranium in Niger for example. When there is one that raises the head it is treated of all the names (Chavez for example) or it stops.
Do you know this speech of this assassinated president:

http://leweb2zero.tv/video/alcandre_73469e97137cf31
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/02/10, 21:45

"...and the governments set up by the rich"and supported by whom?
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"