The French "freedom convoys" ...

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The French "freedom convoys" ...

by izentrop » 10/02/22, 23:42

"Freedom convoys" leaving Hauts-de-France for Paris on February 11 https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 53505.html
Citizens angry at the health pass and "deprivation of freedom" in particular want to leave Calais, Laon, Lille and Valenciennes in transported convoys to go and bottle the capital. A movement inspired by the Canadian truck drivers who blocked the city of Ottawa.

It is difficult to have precise information on what the demonstrators want since the administrators refuse to express themselves in the media. One of the members of the Facebook group explained to us by message that "people have all kinds of grievances, but the essence of the message is their suffering. Suffering from the confinements and restriction measures, suffering from a split vaccinated / unvaccinated and economic and social suffering against a backdrop of galloping inflation and widening inequalities". She believes that the convoys are "the cement that the people need to unite behind a noble cause: that of freedom certainly, but also of fraternity and dignity".

Separated into six regional groups, they met in Paris on the weekend of February 12 and 13, and intend, for some, to then go to Brussels: the "freedom convoy", inspired by the social movement which has paralyzed the Canadian capital, Ottawa, for several days, intends to protest against health measures and the decline in purchasing power. On Facebook, supporters of the mobilization are gathered in several groups, the largest of which has grown in ten days from 50 to 000 members. For his part, the prefect of police announced, Thursday, February 350, to ban in Paris the “freedom convoys” which planned to “block the capital” from Friday.
https://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/ar ... 55770.html

Tomorrow we will be fixed on the participation :?:
Attachments
freedom convoy.jpg
convoy liberté.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The French "freedom convoys" ...

by Obamot » 11/02/22, 00:07

1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/02/22, 00:08

1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/02/22, 00:09

1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/02/22, 07:35

Go and see how well it burns the plastic of motorhomes at 100K€ : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/02/22, 09:43

Yes, it is not the less fortunate who participate in this kind of event...
The flower with the gun as in fourteen. : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/02/22, 10:03

I am in contact with them. Thanks for the comment, I'll pass it on to them. : Lol:

So far I haven't seen any lorry burn in Canada, although it was boiling hot with the Police VS farmers (reinforcement) ... and it's more expensive than a camper! These are peaceful demonstrations whose main purpose is to block access.

And indeed, as it can be at stake, it will remain peaceful.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/02/22, 10:20

Obamot wrote:
So far I haven't seen any lorry burn in Canada,

Yes, but these are truckers' trucks in Canada... Not retired motorhomes in Paris... You get the nuance : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/02/22, 12:29

No, but thanks for explaining it to me. : Mrgreen:
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 11/02/22, 13:13

Macro wrote:Yes, but these are truckers' trucks in Canada... Not retired motorhomes in Paris... You get the nuance : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

The advantage of the retiree is that he has the time...
If they have to stay for a week, that won't be a problem for them.

The difference is that when the state asks for the removal of the vehicles, the removal companies,
will not side with the protesters.
The truckers, I don't have the impression that they will come as reinforcements.
I don't really believe in farmers either.

but hey, you have to try and score the shot anyway.
To do nothing is to agree.
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.