The grain of sand in the machine (economical) - Arte

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The grain of sand in the machine (economical) - Arte

by eclectron » 13/03/21, 19:38

"In 10 years we will be really happy if everything is as in 2020"

"If we wanted to change something then we wouldn't even be where to start as opposed to the time
feudal where one could see from afar the purple dress of the ruling class in the palaces. We knew where to go with the forks to
to change something. People today have a great need for change. They don't know where to go with their forks "

Good sight ....
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Christophe

Re: The grain of sand in the machine (economical) - Arte

by Christophe » 14/03/21, 09:34

It looks great but I dare not look!
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 14/03/21, 09:54

I didn't think I would make it a subject in its own right, but why not.: Wink:
The hook that I chose with extracts of dialogues, does not reflect the entire documentary but that's what I prefer.

I take this opportunity to correct the copy / paste taken from the transcription of the dialogues:
"If we wanted to change something, we wouldn't ornot even laughing where to start, as opposed to feudal times when you could see the purple robe of the ruling class from afar in the palaces.
We knew where to go with the forks to change something. People today are in dire need of change.
They don't know where to go with their forks "

We are not in the solutions (which would be dear to me) but always in the observation.

Do you hesitate to watch because of the weather or the fear of what you might find there? : Lol:
Basically we already know, I remember that the hour is serious: resources, RCA, obsolete economy, and the virus is more a revealer than a problem, even if it is indeed a problem ...
We would like a change of society, but where and how to start.
Undoubtedly still too early to say ... : roll:

In the series "grain of sand" we can add

We find the same problem "must move, we wait for it to come from others" : Lol:

Louis, resuscitator in Marseille, still unknown a few months ago, will he succeed in changing the world? Good reading.

The sky has everything filmed is a collective of directors, graphic designers and image enthusiasts.
Through our productions, we want to take a different look at the crisis our society is going through.
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 14/03/21, 10:10

From my perspective, the most interesting starts here, at 1:07 am:
0 x
whatever.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/03/21, 10:45

Great idea to side with the point of view of the virus on humanity rather than that of humanity on the virus. Otherwise it is a good summary of the situation. And therefore attribute this biblical reflection to it: "who are (you to judge others, you who do the same! " or 'you will be measured with the measure you used " when humanity (at least a large part) wants to destroy what is the basis of life, it condemns itself to the same fate!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/03/21, 12:55

Janic, you write:
... when humanity (at least a large part) wants to destroy what is the basis of life, it condemns itself to the same fate!

I properly appreciate the restriction expressed in parentheses. Contemporary humans (at least a large part) behave like super predators, not by virtue of any ontological necessity, but as hosts of a parasite that has mutated several times in recent history (for 10 years, roughly). These parasites act on the behavior of their hosts and lead them to actions that are harmful to them. The latest variant to date is technological in nature and pushes "developed" humans to systematically destroy the biosphere for the benefit of the technosphere, the first being the condition for their survival. The last mutation was more economical in nature, until the technical side of the virus gradually began to dominate. The disappearance of the host in the case of "traveling" parasites (which pass through several hosts and are those which use behavioral manipulations) does not in any way bother the parasites, since the host is only a temporary means of reaching to their final goal.
This theory is not mine, but is explained in a work to be published ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 15/03/21, 07:59

Janic wrote: Otherwise it's a good summary of the situation.

I also think they did a great job. : Wink:

Janic wrote: humanity (at least a large part) wants to destroy what is the basis of life, it condemns itself to the same fate!

In fact humanity does not want to destroy, it is simply oblivious to its actions, so everything happens as if it wants to destroy, indeed. And we put perseverance in it, we have to admit it….

And then even if individuals are aware of the destruction, we are dragged in spite of ourselves by the machine, if only for our survival, since the machine has colonized all aspects of life.
Difficult to desert the system ...
Last edited by eclectron the 15 / 03 / 21, 08: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 15/03/21, 08:02

Ahmed wrote: Contemporary humans (at least a large part) behave like super predators, .. as hosts of a parasite

I admit, I let go : Lol:
Who is the parasite?
Who is the host?
Who colonizes whom?
Seems confusing to me ...
0 x
whatever.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 15/03/21, 08:05

eclectron wrote:And then even if individuals are aware of the destruction, we are dragged in spite of ourselves by the machine, if only for our survival, since the machine has colonized all aspects of life.

it is true that we can really wonder about the reasons why so many people prefer to have a society where we have food in abundance everywhere, where we can be treated effectively in modern and well-equipped hospitals, study up to he is 25 years old to have jobs that are not very tiring physically and well paid, and to stop at 62, taking advantage of his free time to travel the world, rather than living as in the Middle Ages.

It is really incomprehensible.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 15/03/21, 08:14

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:And then even if individuals are aware of the destruction, we are dragged in spite of ourselves by the machine, if only for our survival, since the machine has colonized all aspects of life.

it is true that we can really wonder about the reasons why so many people prefer to have a society where we have food in abundance everywhere, where we can be treated effectively in modern and well-equipped hospitals, study up to he is 25 years old to have jobs that are not very tiring physically and well paid, and to stop at 62, taking advantage of his free time to travel the world, rather than living as in the Middle Ages.

It is really incomprehensible.

It is very understandable that after a life of a spoiled child who is never refused anything, after a life of Boomer, the addition of the banquet that Mother Nature presents is hard to accept.
But what nature ???? !!!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: .......... : roll:
0 x
whatever.

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"