The country of the Taxes

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

The country of the Taxes

by PVresistif » 09/11/18, 10:32

Did you know that electricity is taxed at 67%, almost as much or more than petroleum! and it seems that we tax CO2 !!
Among these taxes;
- 20% VAT
- "Green" energy tax: 25% (tax on the purchase of electricity produced by wind turbines or PV); what a fiasco!
- "posts" tax: each elec post in a property creates a tax for the benefit of the municipalities or region .....
- Special retirement tax for EDF agents ....

All done 67% of the bill, see on the price of any electricity supplier, of course on the EDF site is pretty well hidden
In France everything is taxed, one consequence of this is that the competition is done on price excluding VAT, so there is no chance of being able by competition to lower prices. And of course if the price excludes VAT, the state hurries to 'correct the shot' by increasing the taxes .... see what has happened on oil since 2010: there has been an explosion of taxes which despite an oil price divided by 2 is the same price at the pump as 10 years ago.
Morality; consume as little as possible and install autonomous systems that are never connected to the network; we subsidize the systems connected to the network for sure, to be able to recover the 67% of resale taxes. Hey hey not crazy the state.
On the other hand in an unconnected system, each kWh produced is as much kWh with 67% of taxes not paid and, therefore, you are a winner ....... This until we invent a tax for systems not connected, this has already been proposed! or will be soon ...
Without consumption of electricity or taxed oil, France would collapse (and millions of good civil servants would find themselves with nothing, what misery); no more CO2, France would no longer exist, every gr of CO2 you emit, think about it!
0 x
Christophe

Re: The country of Taxes

by Christophe » 09/11/18, 14:47

PVresistif wrote:Without consumption of electricity or taxed oil, France would collapse

Without consumption at all, it would collapse even faster and it is not linked to France ...

Your subject does a little duplication with that: energies-fossil-nuclear / L-call-of-17-November-is-he-justifies-t15820.html

In a consumerist system, the power of demonstrations is limited ... that of idleness, I think, much higher but we do everything, from the basics of education, to avoid it by making them feel guilty ...

Morality: to save the planet, don't work : Mrgreen:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 09/11/18, 19:20

PVresistif wrote:...
Morality; consume as little as possible and install autonomous systems never connected to the network

I am perfectly in tune with the second part of this "morality", PVresistif. As soon as a reliable stand-alone system becomes available, at an affordable price and at a cost of use less than or equal to that of the current network, I think I will be among the first to use it. I do moreover but little research in physics to find the trick, but as one suspects, the technical question is not simple at all. :(
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 25/01/19, 21:45

See the following site with a chapter dedicated to taxes on elec:
http://osenon.free.fr
Attention http and not https
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"