Is the "soft" ecology myopic?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Is the "soft" ecology myopic?

by Ahmed » 13/06/16, 14:12

A large part of ecological awareness rests on a simple observation: a world society founded on perpetual economic growth is impossible. From there endless debates on oil peaks or other raw materials where everyone tries to reassure themselves or, on the contrary to try to warn in order to circumvent inevitable shortages ... and basically, the only unanimity remains that of the limited nature of resources, while opinions diverge notably as to the date more or less close to the shortage as well as on the means of coping with it.
As a hindrance to think in the round claimed and assumed 8) , I maintain, as in a famous American series that "the truth is elsewhere"! : Lol:

PS: do not hesitate to comment on the illustration of the article!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

Re: Is the "soft" ecology myopic?

by Did67 » 13/06/16, 17:36

I realize that we could have asked the question like this: "is soft ecology myopic?"

Edit: sorry, I wanted to write: "is myopic ecology soft"? by reversing the adjectives ... A little distracted today ... Well, a little more than usual! My remark did not make sense!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/06/16, 19:12

With this qualifier of "soft", I introduce (or at least I try) a necessary distinction between the various meanings of the term: scientific ecology (study of ecosystems), political ecology (as a gateway to the seraglio) and ecology political (which makes the dialectical link between politics, economy and destruction of nature); The "soft" ecology would be false consciousness, as it would say Marx, political ecology, ie a superficial vision which manifests itself more like a conservatism, an attachment to the world as it exists, with a critical dimension which aims therefore to preserve or restore it by circumvention strategies or reform, regardless of the actual causes.

Edit: that's what I thought at first, then a doubt came to me because of the change in position of the quotes ...
Of course, the myopia of this ecology is the cause of its "softness". However, the initial questioning makes the content of the article more understandable. In addition, myopia is a conclusive diagnosis, while softness remains a symptom ... : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 19:44

Not badly this inversion of themes: it is discussed :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 19:51

Cool, Ahmed's article appears on the 3rd page of Google News by typing "growth" https://www.google.com/search?q=croissa ... s&start=20

If you visit the link, Econology will go back in the News ...

1st position with growth and limits: https://www.google.com/search?q=croissa ... es&tbm=nws
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/06/16, 22:12

Mash potatoes ! Right after the Huffington and "Le Monde" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or in front of the Inrocks!

This is econology among the beautiful world.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/06/16, 22:13

It's encouraging: as long as you write, you might as well be read! : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 22:56

Uh yes but it is not yet won: we will see how your 2 articles will be (or not) classified Did67!

Econology is not yet dead (unlike others: electricity-electronics-informatics / Enerzine ne repond-more-since-last-t14793.html :( ) ...

Now research on "growth" and "growth limits" should not be very frequent for the general public ... Well friends, there is more to do a nice article on EURO2016 because there it is fashionable ! :) :) Ideas?? Like an economic assessment of the Euro?

We stick to it? Stay there a little less than a month ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/16, 23:16

Another affordable theme on econology would be "social unrest" ...

I do not remember street fights to endure so violent for years ...

If we "omit" the "massacres" and deadly jostling in the stadiums which made dozens of deaths in the 80s like https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drame_du_Heysel et https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trag%C3%A ... llsborough
0 x