Geoportal: anti ecology too complicated websites

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Geoportal: anti ecology too complicated websites

by chatelot16 » 14/07/15, 11:29

Hello

rant against overly complicated sites that want to force a modern and powerful computer

I liked http://geoportail.gouv.fr/ which allows to superimpose IGN map and aerial image ... but this site has always been miserably slow on my old computer ... and it's getting worse and worse now it crashes everything

for a long time it no longer worked with firefox, and I used it with google chrome

I just found the solution quite by chance when returning to firefox: firefox put me a message to report that in case of problem with adobe flash, there was a simplified version http://tab.geoportail.fr/

this simplified version works very quickly ... why is it not clearly indicated

putting an abominable site and leaving hidden the simplified version is an incentive to waste, and a waste of time for all those who need it ... we can understand when it comes from microsoft who earns his living by pushing the next windows. .. but this is the ign which has no interest in pushing consumption

another blow of goose: google chrome did not indicate this simplified site to me ... it is quite possible that google made express to let people get bored with such a slow geoportail therefore will prefer google map
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 14/07/15, 12:03

Géoportail = proprietary system paying with our taxes : Evil:
In the USA = all the cartography is free on land and sea and space
Géoportail it's an idea of ​​Chirac one more shit to his credit
I never use such horror
With dozens of different protocols for each department
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/15, 12:08

Shadow wrote:Géoportail = proprietary system paying with our taxes : Evil:

Why are you moaning? It’s always better than going out in debt ... right?

I am sure that Geoportail is used by many professionals or administrations in France ...

I had tested it a few years ago and it did not seem to me so bleak ... after it is true that the internet 2015 is the search for simplicity in terms of ergonomics and Geoportail may not be on this side there ...

For the substantive debate: this is called software obsolescence ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/07/15, 12:21

I do not know.

But hey, in general, these software developed by the government are not a handful of computer scientists, whose pay has nothing to do with that practiced by American companies ...

Often, afterwards, no one left to maintain ...

We cannot compare American products with this type of French development ...

How many billions, Google map ???

By having siphoned off free public databases, and by skimming the pub all over the world ???
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 14/07/15, 12:50

Did67 wrote:I do not know.

But hey, in general, these software developed by the government are not a handful of computer scientists, whose pay has nothing to do with that practiced by American companies ...

Often, afterwards, no one left to maintain ...

We cannot compare American products with this type of French development ...

How many billions, Google map ???

By having siphoned off free public databases, and by skimming the pub all over the world ???

MDR our priority what is culture or war
What is marked on our town halls?
When have money to watch the world (France) super calculator
BULL and millions to spend on this action it is true that we still have thousands of files never opened since 1918 at the IRD of objects from which we no longer know where to have these samples taken and the list is very long (national library still not finished) : Mrgreen:
As for the rest, access to data in France : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/07/15, 14:26

I do not criticize the content of geoportail! on the contrary I find it very good with more detailed aerial image than google on all France, and updated more often ... and the possible superposition of IGN maps much richer than google map

what I criticize is their use of adobe flash which makes the bazaar abominably slow: almost unusable

what is even more stupid is to discover by hasar that they have a simplified version which has the same content and which works infinitely better ... how many times I advised someone to use geoportail, and he replied: unusable it's too slow

I don't know how long this has been around http://tab.geoportail.fr/ but if I had used it rather I would have saved hundreds of hours!

someone talked about the bnf site ... it's a bit the same problem a site with great content, but which rows all the computers ... fortunately they kept their old site which works much better and that I have been using for a very long time

there are lots of things to say on the bnf site but it could be done in another subject

the purpose of this topic is not to criticize geoportail, but to show those who have the same problem that there is a simple solution therefore to advertise at the right address http://tab.geoportail.fr/

the econological side of the thing is to point out that all bad information wastes time or material by believing that you have to have a more powerful computer

my other concern is that google is able to disadvantage in its research what it does not like ... yet another subject to open on the comparison of the search engine
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 14/07/15, 15:21

I don't know but I just looked on the site : Evil:
Many false data and blurry places and what about the layout
I saw and I find that NASA is much more precise
This is my personal analysis
You're right, it's the model that refers : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/15, 15:35

For simple satellite views yes GG does better ...

But as for the layers, sorry but google map can fold!

I did not go back today but from memory we had access to cadastral parcels, power lines, drop lines ... in short, precious information for certain professionals or administrations ...

I know that bitching is a French specialty but it would still be honest to recognize that some French tools are good !!
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 14/07/15, 16:10

YES I recognize that France has the best tax system in the world
I'm not talking about the cost of the gas plant : Cheesy: in billions
The most municipalities in the worlds
The largest number of legal texts in the world (which some countries are inspired by the results that we know)
No one at the time of writing is able to provide the exact number of laws to the nearest 1000 : Mrgreen: because the Imprimerie Nationale and other administrations are not up to date
I don't think we should go any further, I risk being banished
The emblem of France : Mrgreen:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/07/15, 16:52

Shadow wrote:YES I recognize that France has the best tax system in the world

Oh no! On this one, it's Belgium! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"