Croissance Attali: "An Ambition for 10 years"

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Remundo

Croissance Attali: "An Ambition for 10 years"

by Remundo » 17/10/10, 11:41

Hello Econologists,

For information, here is the Attali report dealing with many "econological" themes

Pages 92 to 100 deal specifically with access to energy and raw and agricultural materials.

Download here
on the site "Liberation of Growth"

Upload on Econology
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/10, 11:54

I looked at the summary and overviewed everything.

I like Attali, his ideas are often interesting but also he is a good talker ...

He was also Mitterand's close advisor who made the policy that we know and who is "somewhat" responsible for the current situation (egotist Menfoutist assistantship jeplaneà15000) of average French ...

After he may have realized his nonsense of too social policy ... especially at the beginning (note at least Mitterand has kept some of his electoral promises ... we can not say the same for the following ...).

The second part of the school of power evokes the 2st Mitterand years (with the years with the red coconut ministers !!).

More left politics which cannot fight the harsh laws of the economy, there is the very well-narrated example of the nationalization (to close them better) of the Lorraine steel industry: https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-ecole-du ... t9972.html

But a report will not be enough to correct them ...

Because I think that the mentality of most people who have benefited from this social policy is too rotten and very deeply selfish ... to backtrack on their social gains ...

There is no argument that annoys me more than the 2 bullet argument all done for the bottom of the forehead:

neuneu dans la rue wrote:"We can't touch it, it's a social asset"

See messages on this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/reforme-re ... 10044.html

:|
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/10/10, 12:32

: Arrow: Attali is a crook.
If one digs all of his postulates, they turn out to be wrong.

It just has a tone and a way of presenting the "passing" things. This is why he has credit in the media ...

It is all the more harmful and dangerous ...
It is a paragon of unique thought hidden under reform measures ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 17/10/10, 14:48

The remarks of Jacques Attali are quite interesting on the whole, he is a man of influence, he is well informed about the subjects and future "orientations".
However, we must not delude ourselves, his speeches on the revival of growth are grotesque, why want to perpetuate the very source of the problems?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/10/10, 15:19

Thanks to Remundo for sharing this info, however interesting.
citro wrote:: arrow: Attali is a crook.
If one digs all his postulates, they turn out to be wrong ...

When he talks about a ten-year growth period, I think he is right. But as usual, the working class and the middle class will tighten their belts during this period ... and we will announce them "Crisis" as soon as the next speculative bubble explodes. 8) ... then rebelotte ...

Let’s stop naively thinking that the worlds of high finance will calm down: this is the sinews of war! Or else the question should be reviewed, for example from the angle of "universal dividend", as Bernardd often suggests ...

... but the political decision stronger than the will of the financier, you believe it?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/10/10, 16:42

this report is fairly general, with a lot of ideas and analysis.

It may be a little superficial on each theme, but to fit in 100 pages, it is necessary.

It is interesting in the sense that it takes a "photograph" of France in 2010 and gives the guidelines that should be respected ...

But he proposes strict budgetary measures ... In general, that does not work. :P

I find it flawed: an overly privileged economic-social vision, with "projections" in% growth or decrease / year here and there. There are only 8 pages devoted to energy and raw material resources (agricultural, mining).

Now if you want prosperity, you have to start there... All stems from energy, agriculture and industry : Idea:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/10/10, 19:55

"Little story of the future"anti-Atalian

There was a first time when the functioning of the world was concentric: the countries of the center prospered to the detriment of those of the periphery (colonialism then, more effective still, neo-colonialism); even if the distribution of the manna in the center was highly unequal, a consensus could have been established on the basis of social achievements (resulting from social struggles still possible due to real solidarity), consensus, we have it understood based on a global appropriation of planetary resources.

The second phase, which dates from the collapse of the Soviet bloc, completely redraws the geometry of the capture of wealth: the concentric scheme remains roughly valid, but the profiteering / dispossessed oppositions no longer occur only between nations. It is within the central countries that the cleavage is now operating between a perfectly united dominant class, determined to apply to national populations the same treatment as to those in peripheral countries, a policy made possible by the disappearance of solidarity of the middle and popular classes, hence the systematic questioning of "social gains".

The staging of a pseudo economic rationality serves as a pretext for the evolution towards a hard line of "uninhibited" capitalism and towards a concomitant social stratification on two levels: a minority holding all the powers and a majority of people (probably not quite creative!) marginalized.

To be more complete, we can add a small intermediate category recruited at the bottom of the ladder, serving the dominant class and responsible for maintaining order (with some small privileges).

PS: I just saw an advertisement from Strauss Kahn on a daily, calling (the others) for "restrictions", what arrogance!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 17/10/10, 22:34

: Arrowu: Bravo Ahmed, it is a very good highlight of the situation.

The current manifestations are only the expression of a vigorous revival of the CLASS STRUGGLE.
It is still taboo today to use this term ... but it is the most appropriate.

Clearly, Attali is part of the ruling class and his role is to smoke us ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/10/10, 22:38

I was going to say it...

The most dangerous are the second knives that say "optimistic about humanity" while they defend a system that they see only from the corner of the spyglass ... The corner that suits them, while pretending to criticize it. They are very hypocrisy and are ready for all the baseness to muddy the waters.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/10/10, 22:58

An observation,

Even if the very (too) media Jacques Attali carries the diffusion of the report, this one results from the work of a commission whose members come from currents various and varied.

Here are the members of the commission
0 x