Engine wood and steam!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Engine wood and steam!

by A2E » 09/12/08, 11:49

Hello to everyone !
I come here to create this subject which I believe does not exist (no result with the search function of forum) i.e. produce current with a simple wood stove.
But first of all I quickly explain the simple thing:
use a wood stove to heat, produce DHW thanks to a coil under and around the hearth in a heat exchanger in a balloon but also another coil this time in the hearth in direct contact with the flames to produce steam which will power an engine but not original steam because it is in this case a 2 or 4 stroke thermal which is used here and instead of the traditional fossil fuel it is the steam which will drive and make this engine run. not forgetting to use a large enough vehicle cooling radiator to condense this vapor into water to re-inject it into the circuit.
Of course at the end of the shaft of this engine there is a generator or a water pump or a sewing machine or whatever you want! : Mrgreen:
I await your reactions and your ideas on this system which seems quite "simple" but beware of the dangers of steam! : Idea: :|
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/12/08, 13:28

you put a stirling instead and you no longer have the problem of danger of pressurized steam. : Cheesy:
I who practice the mountain, it's been a long time that I think of a wood stove + stirling for isolated sites.
that would avoid the batteries in the shelters, batteries which in addition do not like the cold.
because when do we need light in a mountain refuge? the evening!
well that's good, that's also when the wood stove turns : Cheesy:
0 x
Click my signature
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 09/12/08, 13:37

Yes I had also thought of Stirling (as you Christophe) but the cost of it compared to the cost of a brig Engine Recycling : Shock: you see what I mean :?: :| The whole problem is there: the cost! :|
0 x