A stove with liquid petroleum gas

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A stove with liquid petroleum gas

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 21:36

I'm talking to you about this thing, because I saw them working in India (or they are still used)
I was lucky enough to find one on the Internet, recently, on a well-known auction site!

Only unfortunately, I have a problem, it seems, that a part is missing (which in my opinion must have a conical shape, and come to be placed in front of the nozzle outlet ...)

If anyone can let me know where I could find the part please let me know.

Here are the pictures:

The principle of operation is quite simple, kerosene (of the tree?) Is introduced in the lower part, the tank, a pump that you can not see or partially on the image, allows to pump air and pressurize the liquid ...
At the start the liquid, comes out through the nozzle in a small fountain, and falls back into the lower cup that you see on the photo, at this stage as long as the cup is half full of liquid, we open the drain to escape the pressurized air and ignite the liquid contained in the small cup.
This has the effect of heating the double U-shaped structure, once this structure has been reheated, the container is pressurized again and the gas that comes out above is ignited ...
I believe that the model shown here should provide about 3 kW.

If anyone can light my candle regarding the missing piece, please let me know.

With greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 07/11/08, 21:58

Hello, I have a stove, I have never tried it, mine works like feeding some small steam engines, that is to say that for starting we fill the cup and it's the heat flame of the cup which makes the gas gas and then the rechaux works as if it were gas.

I don't know if it helps, I can take a picture of it if you want.
So almost research on the net there are many rechaux with pressurizing the liquid, I did not know.
otherwise i found that
http://www.pelam.de/index.php?cPath=43&language=fr
it gives the name of each piece.

and therefore the one you miss is the boiler cap http://www.pelam.de/product_info.php?cP ... cts_id=327

ImageImage
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 22:37

Thank you for the info!

I keep looking for the model I own, which is a Primus N ° 100, from BAH JORTH & CO Stockholm Sweden.

I see on other sites that its appliances whose English name is Kerosene stove, that there are incredible quantities ...

I think it is appropriate to burn in these devices, what is kerosene (kerosene?) or kerosene?

I know that some modern run on unleaded gasoline, so I'm looking for the part you will keep you informed, if there are questions about the machine ... :?

Thank you again and good evening everyone :P
Last edited by Lietseu the 07 / 11 / 08, 22: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 07/11/08, 22:40

in fact it is less beautiful it looks like that
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 22:49

Yes, I suspected, these models are less noisy but also heats less strongly, the heat of pressure vessels is incredible, I have seen people cook with that, very often, and the pans of large families there, it's not small 2 liters, but rather models of 10 or even 15 liters in aluminum ... :D

I found this: here: http://www.milesstair.com/kero_fuel_primer.html

Which gives me to think that petrol cannot be used and fuel either, one dangerous the other too fatty, ultimately on the Belgian or French market, only kerosene remains, but I don't not know its point of ignition ...

Fuel Specific Gravity Flashpoint
Kerosene 0.79 - 0.81 102 - 104 F.
Fuel Oil # 1 (red dye) 0.81 102 - 108 F.
Low Odor Mineral Spirits 0.80 104 F.
Jet Fuel (Jet A) 0.78 102 - 104 F.
Fuel Oil # 2 .95? 126 F.
Klean-Heat 142 F!
Diesel # 2 0.82 - 0.85
Gasoline 0.71 - 0.72 - 45F

A Captain Maloche idea ???

Thank you to all :P
Last edited by Lietseu the 07 / 11 / 08, 23: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x

I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/11/08, 23:26

: Arrow: I do not know this particular model, and it has been a long time since I have been hiking in the mountains ...
The PRIMUS brand is well known to addicts of altitude outings.

The principle of the pressurized gas stove is to compensate for the losses in combustion efficiency due to the scarcity of air at altitude linked to the low atmospheric pressure.

This kind of stove was also used in the countryside (and elsewhere) in a "home" version. The interest then was to have a stove requiring a tank that was less bulky, less heavy and ... less expensive than a gas bottle, with the choice of supplier as a bonus. Indeed, I remind you that if you go to X with a Y bottle, he refuses to take it back from you and sells you a new deposit ...

The constraints of these stoves, on a daily basis, are:
- Ignition a little more tedious than with gas.
- Filling the fuel tank.
- Odors during filling and when switching on / off.
- Pumping to put the gasoline under pressure.

Other than that, it is a very powerful material, and not only in India ... :D

On the same principle there are also lamps with astonishing performances, Les PETROMAX.
These wonders combine the principle of pressurization, vaporization and catalysis. 8)
Having dismantled it, I found that the operating principle had disturbing analogies with ... A PANTONE REACTOR ... : Arrowl:
This gives a "kerosene lamp" which illuminates 300W and consumes only a liter of oil for 8 to 12 hours of operation ... as a bonus you can heat your meal with it. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 23:57

Super info thank you citro!

I am the proud owner of this model, but she is missing a part
for fuels, I found this: http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_FuelNames.htm

I'm looking for a dealer who would have the part I'm looking for ...

Thanks for the info, I would point out that the most renowned current supplier is Coleman, which makes lamps and stoves that run on unleaded gasoline ...

Thanks for the info to come ...... :P
0 x

Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/11/08, 00:27

And here is the image of the missing piece, on an image found on the net ...

it looks more like "a 4 leaf clover" than the watering can of the picture above ... :?

I continue to look for a reseller quite to do with a manufacturer of an Indian or Chinese copy ...
0 x

I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/11/08, 00:29

: Arrow: Regarding Coleman, this American brand does not receive all the votes ...

If these products have recognized advantages such as integrated ignition ...
The choice of unleaded 95 fuel sometimes posed safety concerns. It seems that some have farted in the face of their users ... I heard that it was better to avoid spilling them ...

Have you thought about Wikipedia.
The primus brand still exists, you should find what you are looking for, there are many passionate collectors or users.
These devices are history. They have been the faithful companions of soldiers, adventurers, in the worst conditions of use ...
0 x
basilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: A liquid petroleum gas stove

by basilo » 22/02/21, 08:05

hello Lietseu

I have had this Primus, the one at the top of the page, in my family for over 70 years. Not in India, but in France
Camping holidays with my parents in the fifties, I was very small, so not much memory, just this beautiful blue flame that fascinated me. And sometimes my father who unclogs the nozzle.

Ours did not already have at the time this kind of bronze tray to put the pots on. Just the iron rods. Unless it was reserved for “premium” models?

This is the Primus n ° 25, marked with many languages, including Russian.

primus.jpg
primus.jpg (292.81 KiB) Viewed 9051 times

1) I do not understand which room you are talking about, to put at the outlet of the nozzle. Ours has, placed on the first toric bell like the one you are showing, a closed bell. But oddly, this bell is not marked Primus, but AzuréA. A competing brand?

stove.jpg
Réchaud.jpg (218.15 KiB) Viewed 9051 times

The nozzle holder itself is marked Selus

DSC00390.jpg
DSC00390.jpg (308.88 KiB) Viewed 9051 times

2) As for the clover coin you are talking about, I don't know. An evolution ? An adaptation from another brand?

to come back to my Primus. He suffered the outrages of my parents' cellar for 40 years then my attic for 30 years. I just tried to light it, without really knowing the principle, just a hunch

- I soaked the dry leather of the pump in petroleum to restore its suppleness
- Pressure build-up
- A little alcohol in the cup like my father used to do, and here he starts.

Flawless

Except it's the next day that I no longer understand how it works. I was convinced that the principle is petroleum gas sprayed by the nozzle, gas which passes through the bell burner, comes out through its tiny holes, and does not burn until then

However, I now see that it is not gas that comes out of the nozzle, but a jet, which immediately burns. And almost no flame (or very weak) at the outlet of the bell burner.

What is wrong?
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"