Yves Cochet: conference on peak oil and energy

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Yves Cochet: conference on peak oil and energy

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 16:43

A conference to see on the depletion of fossil fuels (uranium and coal included) by Yves Cochet:
https://www.econologie.com/le-peakoil-ex ... -3916.html

To see the following parts, go directly to daily: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1h ... oId=x5t2hi

On the subject, see also: https://www.econologie.com/rechauffement ... -3863.html

I didn't think that a politician could have so much humor (even if he is limited at times ...) :D

We will appreciate the "Ah, but I am an engineer, I can answer anything" !! ImageImage
Last edited by Christophe the 28 / 04 / 11, 18: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 19:40

From "episode" 4/6 Yver Cochet begins to delude a little: excess of humor or overheating the room? In any case it is not credible for a former minister !!!

Example: he speaks of "HIS" method while he is only copying / pasting analyzes from others ... judicious but it is not HIS method ...

But look for yourself:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5t332 ... ce-46_news

Advance at 10:05, it's really good !!

Coal is solid, it's crappy, gas is gazux is crappy ... liquid is good, that's the best!

Yeah we noticed !!!Image

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 20:13

Hey a few seconds later he catches up well with the Cochet !!

ethanol is an agro-fuel and especially not a bio-fuel !!

It joins exactly that: https://www.econologie.com/agrocarburant ... -3575.html

Written 6 months before ... there would be no pumping, no inspiration in the air :) :) :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 20:22

Hey shit ... 3 minutes later he continues the nonsense:

Pump in the North Sea within 5000m

Uh the average depth of the North Sea is ... 70m I think?

Ah no it's 94m according to this doc: http://www.cig.ensmp.fr/~hydro/MISC/geog/tboceans.htm
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 12/09/08, 17:48

It depends if he speaks from the surface or from the floor (seabed). In the latter case, 5000m deep can be imagined from an oil station fixed to the bottom and therefore stable.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/08, 18:06

It's not wrong ... but I don't think we are currently pumping oil at 5000m ...

The absolute drilling record is 12m I believe ...

Finally it is not the subject of the debate !!
It was still his conference! Corosive humor Le Cochet ...

"The tankers are all lying, they're super mentors ... worse than Chirac!"

ImageImage
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 12/09/08, 20:21

I found his comments interesting.
that overlaps with certain information from the IFP. (see Fear blue in the land of black gold). Even after 10 years on the peak of production, it's there! There seems to be a consensus.
Perhaps the security drifts that are taking place stem from this observation.
see topic EDVIGE

(off topic)
Depth. maximum on earth Maximum: 17 m (in progress) at Saatly (Azerbaijan); 400 m, Kola peninsula (Russia); 11 m, Oklahoma (USA);

For the offshore, I believe that it is GIRASOL in Angola which holds the record with a water height of 1400m.
To check
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 12/09/08, 20:36

The Joides Resolution vessel, which I visited more than 20 years ago, can drill with an ocean floor more than 4 m deep and go more than 00 m below the ocean floor.

It is capable of reaching (unless my memory fails) a target almost 6000 m below the hull ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/09/08, 17:14

Glad, Chris, that you pass the link of this conf 'on the forum !!

I find that you stop at detailed figures ... No matter how deep the drilling in the North Sea is, that doesn't change the point he's defending. Or even that he said "my" method ... In addition to the strong correlation between energy and population with a holocaustic prognosis for the years to come, I believe that it is his personal touch ... should read his book , it is surely the same content.

But I love his humor !! When the guy starts talking to him about the lies of Bush and 9/11 and all, Cochet who replies "Maybe but we don't care, we have bigger problems !! We can talk about it but it" is a waste of time! ". I love ! I completely agree with him !!

In short, strongly that he is running for election by my house so that I can vote for him. Finally a politician who tells the whole raw truth (lle) and who does not sell chimeras!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/08, 19:22

I know Rulian, I quibble I quibble ... he is in the real Cochet but you know by dint of making too much "approximation" and humor you lose a little of your credibility ...

On the mailing I was criticized for having made 2 or 3 mistakes ... and hop "you are no longer credible" ...

This is the excuse of the "pissers" but they are generally not wrong (what am I a pissy?)!
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 09 / 08, 16: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"