Being green and pronuclear?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
econel22
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Being green and pronuclear?

by econel22 » 09/06/08, 16:39

Hello,
I would like to know if it was possible to reconcile ecology and nuclear energy? indeed, I am interested in the question and there is little information on nuclear power from this angle.
I'm looking for articles, but also figures, press releases, scientific studies, well, a bit of everything! I am in "exploration of the subject" so I do not have a plan yet, but I will send you my file on this subject if you are interested.

Do you have links or sites to indicate to me which could help me to constitute this synthesis?

the only sites that I found which could advance arguments in this direction it is the aepn on http://www.ecolo.org et www.parlonsen.areva.com

thank you very much for your directions if you have any!

ps: I have no bias, I'm just making a file for college!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/08, 16:44

Without speaking about the serious problem of the waste, it is possible to be ecolo-pronuclear except that the only valid argument is the reduction of CO2 compared to the fossil sources.

It's just except that in terms of gross primary energy worldwide, nuclear (fission) will NEVER exceed 10% ...

So the overall effect in terms of reducing the greenhouse effect is (and will be) more than reduced ... but it is better than nothing, some say.

We have to hope that what we are currently paying will finance the success of the mastery of the merger ... and in this case the renewable energies would become obsolete ... but we are far from there.
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 06 / 08, 14: 12, 2 edited once.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 09/06/08, 16:51

christophe you forget the human side ....
you may never have seen full quarters made up of widows and children .... when my father died we found only one guy who had worked with him, his last apprentice, the others were dead .. .. and he died at 44 ...
so frankly when nuclear arrived I told myself that it was progress ...
with hindsight I tell myself that between the plague and cholera ....
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/06/08, 17:35

Yes to non-polluting nuclear power plants (hydrogen-boron fusion by magnetic necking)! Down with current nuclear power plants (uranium fission) and its radioactive waste!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/08, 18:16

georges100 wrote:.... when my father died we found only one guy who had worked with him, his last apprentice, the others had died .... and he died at 44 ...

I am really sorry for you, but at the present time how many lawsuits have there been against EdF and Areva for ... crimes against humanity? None to my knowledge ... pkoi? :?:
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 09/06/08, 18:26

how many deaths because of aeeva ????
nothing compared to coal ....
in this sense, nuclear power is a step forward ... roof over to me, s a march towards progress :D
the problem is not to stop on the first step
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/06/08, 13:24

Christophe wrote:[...] It's fair except that in terms of gross primary energy worldwide, nuclear (fusion) will NEVER exceed 10% ...
[...].
The merger, since it doesn't exist (yet?) I don't think we can know its limit in production ...

But anyway the problem is not there and the access to a "free and unlimited" energy is a dangerous chimera which prevents to see the real problems ... There was a post on the subject two years ago. years it seems to me?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/08, 14:12

Oops slip ... I meant fission of course ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/08, 14:17

georges100 wrote:how many deaths because of aeeva ????
nothing compared to coal ....

Ditto for oil ... (not counting the oil wars) ... that's where I was coming from ...

Notice the tankers weren't ever worried either ...
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 14:36

yes, norway ...
the Norwegian government has admitted to having dragged its feet in applying the safety measures for deep diving and it compensates the demolished divers ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"