Hydrogen for internal combustion engines 0% of Co2

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
moteurahydrogene
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hydrogen for internal combustion engines 0% of Co2

by moteurahydrogene » 14/01/08, 19:47

In addition, for your information, you have forgotten in the list of the means to produce the fuel for our future vehicles equipped with internal combustion engines, the fourth generation reactors such as the VHTR. It is a thermal neutron reactor, cooled with helium to 1 ° C, the "leader" of which is France. The fuel will be in the form of SiC or ZrC balls. It will be mainly intended to produce hydrogen, an energy carrier without Co000.
0 x
mars66
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Submit your request

by mars66 » 03/04/08, 09:43

Hello, I just read your info that interests me, can you go see, please the subject I launched yesterday and give me your opinion.
Name of the subject: a hydrogen boat? why not
I thank you in advance
Martial
0 x
Give, exchange, share, are the only words that move forward.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydrogen for internal combustion engines 0% Co2

by jonule » 03/04/08, 10:15

moteurahydrogene wrote:In addition, for your information, you have forgotten in the list of the means to produce the fuel for our future vehicles equipped with internal combustion engines, the fourth generation reactors such as the VHTR. It is a thermal neutron reactor, cooled with helium to 1 ° C, the "leader" of which is France. The fuel will be in the form of SiC or ZrC balls. It will be mainly intended to produce hydrogen, an energy carrier without Co000.

uh though kwak? :?

what is VHTR?
ah! advertising for aréva! I thought also : Mrgreen:

so here we go, we are at the reactor supposedly clean, finally?

of electric H2 production?
and what is the new artificial fuel, SiC ZrC? where are we found? at auchan?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/04/08, 12:07

For information, without advertising: I saw yesterday that an H2 tank was installed at the Total station of Drogenbos on the Brussels Paris highway
(Drogenbos is very close to Brussels)
A year ago I had already seen the public inquiry notice for the Nivelles Nord stations on the same highway.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/04/08, 12:46

Hello everybody,

It is the Very-High-Temperature Reactor (VHTR), in other words very high temperature reactor.

Beware of SiC or ZrC pellets ... It is not about the fuel, but only about the envelope of the fissile material which will be made above all of heavy and fissile metal like uranium.

With all these technologies, we are still in the problem of radioactive waste. CO2 level, it's clean, but for the rest ...

VHTR requires the development of many "refractory" materials.
For CEA fans:
http://www.gedeon.prd.fr/ATELIERS/Ateli ... BILLOT.pdf
An extracted image.

I think it would be better to turn to thermodynamic solar energy ... with it, we can do anything. Click on PHRSD for the curious.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/04/08, 12:50

You can see the modest veil thrown over the core, simply referred to as a "heat generator". The envelopes, however, are abundantly captioned ... Pure luck ... :frown:

Well see ... the nucleus works with rose water surely concentrated ... From this point of view, I completely agree with the warnings of Jonule.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/04/08, 13:56

Remundo wrote:With all these technologies, we are still in the problem of radioactive waste. CO2 level, it's clean, but for the rest ...

we must not see THAT CO2, the nuclear industry produces many other greenhouse gases (GHG) much + harmful during the extraction of the ore, its transformation into fuel (production of depleted uranium, weapons ) of are transport (of its dismantling) etc ....
the atom is neither cheap nor good for the environment (CO2):
http://www.amisdelaterre.org/Le-nucleaire-n-est-ni-bon-marche.html

stop the propaganda, take off the blinders 8)

“Today, 15000% of global electricity production (16 TWh) is provided by nuclear power, 18% by hydro, 38% by coal, 8% by oil and 18% by gas. The forecasts for 2010 are 21000 TWh (+ 40%), a strong increase due to the rapid development of countries such as China and India. "
http://comm.energie.lesverts.fr/article.php3?id_article=12

to heat the atoms to make water vapor which will make turn a turbine pfff ... really ridiculous, all that to make electricity which will make turn toaster electric rolls to make heat in the end .. ..

at worst the cogeneration would improve the yield ... wish there was not a post on it? -)

then invent a new pretext for manufacturing H2 new fuel for cars, should already prove it, and above all convince users that they will be seated with their kids on real bombs Image

whereas Meyer produced it continuously and without storage : roll:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydrogen for internal combustion engines 0% Co2

by jonule » 03/04/08, 15:02

moteurahydrogene wrote: It is a thermal neutron reactor, cooled with helium to 1 ° C

and the helium produced, does it not generate CO2 either?

Finally we wonder who produces this famous CO2 ..... those who use this pretext do not even see that it is the tree that hides the forest ...
0 x