A barrel of oil in dollars 100! It is finally!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

A barrel of oil in dollars 100! It is finally!

by Christophe » 02/01/08, 20:09

1st good surprise of the year!

Oil reaches historic low of $ 100 a barrel in New York

Oil attacked the year with fanfare, crossing the symbolic threshold of $ 100 a barrel in New York, taking advantage of heightened geopolitical tensions and the persistent weakness of the dollar, which also pushed gold, another queen of materials raw, at a peak.

In New York, the "light sweet crude" exploded its record, reaching for the first time in its history the exact price of 100,00 dollars per barrel. Around 18 p.m. GMT, a barrel for February delivery fell back from its peaks, however, remaining sharply up from $ 30 to $ 3,29.

In London, the price of Brent North Sea has also crossed a historic milestone, that of 97 dollars per barrel, even propelling itself to the never reached level of 97,74 dollars.

In one sitting, prices jumped no less than three dollars.

Source and more: http://www.boursorama.com/infos/actuali ... ws=4987212

At the current rate, maybe not even need the Janco tax: https://www.econologie.com/forums/rechauffem ... t4543.html

Long live expensive oil!

By the way sorry for those who don't like hearing this, here we do econology, not politics ...
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 01 / 08, 20: 31, 2 edited once.
0 x
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 02/01/08, 20:24

I put oil !!! ........... frying !!!

long live the barrel at 500 euros !!!
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/08, 20:29

When the barrel is 500 you risk paying 200 frying oil !!
Remember that agriculture uses oil to produce oil ... and not just a little ...

So it goes up yes, to develop alternatives, but not so much that ... : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/01/08, 00:14

Long live expensive oil!

By the way sorry for those who don't like hearing this, here we do econology, not politics ...

I think that in reality, it does not please anyone especially when taxes, insurance, water bills for maintenance or repair cars arrive ... ... etc.

I do not complain personally, but I think of employees who have odd jobs and who struggle to make ends meet. When temporary work agencies offer them a part-time job 30 km from their home, they cannot refuse otherwise it is out of ASSEDIC (if they still have rights). There are a lot of people in the sea in France today.

Personally I refueled with LPG this morning: 0,79 euros / liter (that's 5,15 francs). In May 1998, the first refill I made was 1 francs / liter. For the moment it suits me, I drive a little, much less than in the 3s, 70s and 80s, so that it goes up the oil.

PS: you take your sources in Boursorama !!! would you try a reconversion in the stock exchange? ... I'm joking of course 8)
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Remundo

Re: Oil prices to 100 dollars! It is finally!

by Remundo » 03/01/08, 01:09

Christophe wrote:At the current rate, maybe not even need the Janco tax: https://www.econologie.com/forums/rechauffem ... t4543.html

And yes Christophe, our conversation was premonitory ... The fact remains that it is frankly deplorable to let oneself be led like this by the oil ... yankees.

There is something that nobody says ... A barrel is virtually already at $ 150. Indeed, the dollar is abnormally low against the euro, the "normal" parity being roughly $ 1 for 1 Euro while it is $ 1.48 for a euro. Our industries plan to relocate even more because monetary competition becomes unbearable even if we pay a little less for fossil fuel.

Thank you Mr Bush, all that remains is to destabilize the Middle East a little more in Israel or Iran and you bring Europe to its knees. Beware of Vladimir and the country of Mao anyway ... and not to make us a "third world war" : Cry:

I have the address of a rather hallucinating video to communicate to you on the "honesty" of American leaders.
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... 0102614532

It's a long 1 hour video, but you will certainly be haunted by the intensity of the arguments developed there with a fairly rigorous and scientific approach ... and above all the frightening economic-military-industrial American cynicism which would seem to be at stake. origin of the events of September 30.

On the price of oil, they are the ones who have led the way in every way since the 1990 Gulf War, and a fortiori since the intervention in Iraq and the devaluation of their currency, which has the immense privilege of be the BLACK gold standard ... which will continue to be much more powerful than the gold standard until peak-oil.

Testimonies have shown that plans for the "reinvasion" of Iraq with the removal of Saddam were planned as early as 1990. The objective was above all to control the derricks ... With hindsight, this seems very plausible in view of the lightness with which the USA is engaged in Iraq (be carebul at massive destruction weapons and threats of Saddam ...). For my part, I will be almost more afraid of the "American economic threat" ... I believe that they have already largely passed the stage of threats and have clearly moved to economic aggression based on oil.

@+ :|
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/01/08, 05:18

Hello

The problem when the barrel of petrol rises, they increase the exploitation of the tar sands and the reserve is as large as that of Arabia, the extraction of these sands is very polluting
almost as polluting as burning the finished product, we go around in circles in our shit (double polution)
Most of this oil, direct pipe line in the USA.

Andre
0 x
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 03/01/08, 07:48

Christophe wrote:When the barrel is 500 you risk paying 200 frying oil !!
Remember that agriculture uses oil to produce oil ... and not just a little ...

So it goes up yes, to develop alternatives, but not so much that ... : Cheesy:

of course...!!! I'm joking...
in reality it really pisses me off that smicars are bleeding
to go to work ...
unfortunately it is by the rise that the news will come
energies (which are not as new as that elsewhere).
my dream is to pay me for a reliable electric car and yet I love the big V8s !!! :?
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/01/08, 08:28

oliburn wrote:I put oil !!! ........... frying !!!

long live the barrel at 500 euros !!!

that's good for the price, but what about the pollution?

We must quickly finish our magnetic motor with Quartz! :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/01/08, 10:10

Andre wrote:Hello

The problem when the barrel of petrol rises, they increase the exploitation of the tar sands and the reserve is as large as that of Arabia, the extraction of these sands is very polluting
almost as polluting as burning the finished product, we go around in circles in our shit (double polution)
Most of this oil, direct pipe line in the USA.

Andre

Exactly André; completely agree with you. I have seen several reports on the exploitation of these oil shales: it is total ecological nonsense ...... and this is what we end up when the price of oil goes up !!! not finished: soon they will go to seek oil and gas in the arctic as soon as the sea ice has melted (and there is not for long). Moreover, the Russians have already planted their flag at the bottom of the ocean under the ice floe to "indicate" to other interested countries that they consider themselves the owners. that would prepare us for a little war that I wouldn't be surprised. We will have to wait 10 or 20 years but they will exploit ALL the deposits whatever the cost, because the more oil is expensive, the more PROFITABLE it becomes to exploit these deposits .......... and then there will be Antarctica (see yesterday's ARTE broadcast subject: "mission in Antarctica").

The Auvergne Remundo wrote: (not very Auvergne as a name :D !!)

There is something that nobody says ... A barrel is virtually already at $ 150. Indeed, the dollar is abnormally low against the euro, the "normal" parity being roughly $ 1 for 1 Euro while it is $ 1.48 for a euro. Our industries plan to relocate even more because monetary competition becomes unbearable even if we pay a little less for fossil fuel.

Exactly. There will soon not be much industry in France except assembly ... and more. The Germans have found the solution: they have their parts manufactured for their high-end "objects" including Mercos, BMW, VW, Porsche vehicles, etc. at low cost in neighboring Eastern countries (Czechia, Slovakia, Poland, etc.) and then export their beautiful Mercos all over the world, but to the detriment of their own employees: very strict employment policy, decline in their purchasing power, but surplus trade balance (unlike France) ; for the moment the strong euro does not bother them.

I saw a very interesting program (It's in the air on FR5 by JY Calvi at 18 p.m. last week) on the problem of the parities of the currencies Dollar, yen, yiuan, euro. There is a real tacit understanding between the USA and China that ignores the existence of the euro: they do their business on our backs (large Chinese trade surpluses and large US trade deficit: 800 million dollars I believe); The Chinese finance the credits of the Americans, but how far can it hold?

This was very well explained by the economists Bernard Marris and G. Cohen who often disagree and there they were perfectly in tune with their analysis of the situation.

I'm looking for the show in FR5.
Last edited by jean63 the 03 / 01 / 08, 10: 32, 2 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/01/08, 10:16

oliburn wrote:in reality it really pisses me off that smicars are bleeding
to go to work ...
unfortunately it is by the rise that the news will come
energies (which are not as new as that elsewhere).
my dream is to pay me for a reliable electric car and yet I love the big V8s !!! :?

And I know smicards who type 100km per day: you can imagine the% in fuel ...
New energies? sorry, but in priority it will be the reactivation of the oil or coal sites considered unprofitable so far ... it can go as far as the reactivation of the exploitation of the coal of Lorraine ... because the "new energies", me I do not know of any that is able to replace the atom or the current fuels ...
An electric car yes, but then it must be recharged by wind or photovoltaic, because the power outlet is nuclear : Cheesy:

As for the 3rd world war, if it takes place will be the Islamist terrorists with the atomic bomb putting the world on fire and blood (the bombs in containers and hop!): The danger is enormous on the Pakistan side. .
0 x