Oil seen by financiers

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Oil seen by financiers

by jean63 » 13/11/07, 15:42

Newsmanagers on November 13, 11, 2007:15 p.m.
AXA Gold and Commodities: "Oil will continue to flare up"

(Newsmanagers.com) - AXA Gold and Raw Materials is a Sicav invested in listed securities in the gold mining and raw materials sector.

Over three years, it ranks fifth out of the 18 funds in the French Standard & Poor's universe, commodities sector, with a cumulative performance of 124,41%, against 102,26% for the average for its category.

"Our index fund seeks to replicate the performance of our benchmark, which is made up of one third of the FTSE World Oil & Gas and two thirds of the FTSE World Mining", indicates Jamal Benerroua, who specifies that the objective of tracking error, is 2% maximum. "We scrutinize every change within the index", emphasizes the manager. In addition, "we use the amount of dividends received to buy new shares".

The portfolio, which has between 100 and 130 lines for a total outstanding of 112 million euros (as of November 8), brings together all geographic areas and focuses on large sectoral blue chips.

At the end of September, the three largest positions of Axa Gold and Commodities were BHP Billiton (11,02%), Anglo American (7,40%) and Rio Tinto (7,19%).

Jamal Benerroua remains very confident about the prospects of mining and oil companies: "these companies are driven by several elements. OPEC countries have not invested enough in the past decade and will therefore be unable to keep up with the high demand for oil through significant production". It is a primary factor in supporting the courses." In addition, the strong economic dynamism of emerging countries, notably India and China, will continue to support the sectors concerned, and this in the long term", he adds." Given the potential for economic catch-up in these countries, the price of oil can only explode. I think that the increase will continue, and this, at least until the end of the year, ”concludes Jamal Benerroua.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/11/07, 16:23

Yep, yesterday morning on BFM, the journalist also presented oil as a financial product;
He announced that the barrel would pass the 100 $ mark and then fall rapidly with the "monthly" profit taking on this value.

For the rest, a barrel at $ 100 is a liter of fuel oil at € 1, that is to say more expensive than electricity, and it is the door open to alternative energies.

It is also true that the oil companies do not care that the developed countries consume less with the explosion of consumption in India and China ...

Wait "end" see!

Since the time I tell you that energy is not expensive enough :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/07, 16:27

Capt_Maloche wrote:Since the time I tell you that energy is not expensive enough :D

And you think you're the only one? : Mrgreen:

I believe that this is the common denominator of all econologists and all ecologists seeing a little further than the tip of their nose *!
(I'm not talking about green pipos like the greens who wanted to lower TIPP for a moment ...: Shock: )

*: ie the green ones who are not by stingy ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/07, 16:31

If not to return to the subject: it is quite normal, the more the oil is expensive, the more it brings back to the oil companies and to say that the current French Minister of Economy Dares to pretend otherwise in a TV interview ... : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

The proof in pictures here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/video-mote ... t4283.html
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 11 / 07, 16: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 13/11/07, 16:32

Christophe wrote:*: ie the green ones who are not by stingy ...

You should write them a word to remind them : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/07, 16:36

Well ... I dare not ... I'm afraid of making more enemies than I already have : Cheesy: but watch the video instead of saying stupid things :)
0 x