A new fuel: diesel-kerosene

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

A new fuel: diesel-kerosene

by Christophe » 01/08/07, 20:40

It is not eco-friendly but shows betrays some flaws in the energy distribution network ... : Shock:

For two years, a Var service station sold a mixture of diesel and kerosene, much less taxed. Customs officials tracked the fraudulent scheme in mid-July. Estimated amount of damage: 612 euros unpaid.

The Customs Operations Department of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur discovered the doldrums in mid-July. For the past two years, a Var service station has sold its customers a mixture of 60% diesel and 40% kerosene.

612 euros in taxes not paid
Traditionally intended for airplanes, this fuel is much less taxed. Motorists, they were persuaded to take only diesel, in this station located between Fréjus and Saint-Raphaël.
The scheme diverted more than 1,2 million liters of petrol normally intended for Nice airport. Or 612 euros in taxes not paid. To get supplies, the manager of the offending station met a driver on a motorway service to supply the airport.

Customs have been alerted by other service stations, surprised by the low prices charged by their competitor, as well as by motorists, who have noticed anomalies after having passed through this service station: car starting to gasp or black smoke. who was escaping.

The main instigator of the fraud was placed in pre-trial detention by an investigating judge of the TGI of Draguignan, in charge of a letter rogatory. The manager faces a prison sentence of three years, will certainly have to reimburse the unpaid 612 euros and a fine of up to twice this amount could be claimed.

http://www.lexpress.fr/info/quotidien/actu.asp?id=13126
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/08/07, 21:32

well, this is a story of tax fraud that you tell us there!

It doesn't tell us if we have to go and pierce the tanks of the airports to fill our jerry cans :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 02/08/07, 13:44

It's weird, it seemed to me that the "winter" diesel was an analogue of kerosene (maybe a little more refined), and no problem with black smoke ...
What is more, the majority of diesels are supposed to support kerosene, the army does it in case of shortage, and I have already tried a mixture of kerosene / HVB (50/50), it worked impeccable.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 02/08/07, 17:07

Hello

Do not worry, kerosene is sold in small airports much more expensive than auto gasoline and diesel
it's just a matter of time but Europe will get started quickly.
Refineries cost more to make kerosene than gasol (at least the older generation)
If it taxes kerosene for large carriers, the aeronautical industry is going to crash its nose, it's just a political question nothing to do with ecology, besides ecology and politics are far from making good household, it layers in the same bed just before the elections ..
The kerosne works in diesels, the manufacturer (Diamond) of diesel aircraft uses this fuel, he adds an additive for pump lubrication (for old mechanical pumps)
normally a% of diesel does the trick or one of vegetable oil
it is also for these reasons that the diesel should not be heated to more than 60c for reasons of lubrication of the injection pump
in the oil market it is recommended 80c question of expansion in the pump, although often it heats to 85c even 90c caught in traffic, (I do not know over time what it will do?)

The mechanic wanted to ambition too much on (the blessed bread) if he had cut his kerosene with gasiol he would sell some more and customers would find that it smelled less and it fouled the engine less.
The new diesel approaches kerosene
If the kerosene is more refined, nothing to do with the pollution, but rather with the maintenance of the turbines fouling of the combustion chambers, regularly the helicopters return to the hangard and a mechanic proceeds to wash the combustion chambers
with a liquid product ..

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/08/07, 19:04

André said:

Do not worry, kerosene is sold in small airports much more expensive than auto gasoline and diesel
it's just a matter of time but Europe will get started quickly.

No, André, with us we put less gasoline than you in a liter of taxes, on the other hand kerozene costs less than gasoline. They can be found "on land" for heating use.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/07, 19:13

I would add that it is funny to note that the price of kerosene is clearly indexed to that of electric kwh.

This makes it a very expensive fuel ... in some cases more expensive than petrol at the pump!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/08/07, 14:08

Bonjour à tous

When it comes to running on Kerosene on a diesel, it works exactly the same. I know one who has been doing this for years by "recovering" the "surplus" from where he works ...

Mixed in any proportion with diesel, it never complained of a malfunction. And, if he has a little "surplus" left, he passes it into the oil boiler without problems.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 06/08/07, 14:48

it's not normal to tax aircraft less, which already have a catastrophic pollution / profitability !! people still easily walk by plane to visit some distant country, while their country is unknown to them .. very beautiful places still that I don't know, it's true that I don't go out too much : Lol:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/08/07, 17:51

Hello Denis

denis wrote:it's not normal to tax aircraft less, which already have a catastrophic pollution / profitability !!

If you do not forget to reduce the consumption of the plane to the number of passengers transported you will notice that consumption and pollution is quite comparable to that of an automobile or even better! : Mrgreen:

It will not prevent us from going to spend our holidays far ... far ... instead of staying in France. In fact it is not yet quite expensive this Kerosene. (Now I'm making lots of friends ... Ouch!)
:|
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/07, 19:04

Flytox wrote:If you do not forget to reduce the consumption of the plane to the number of passengers transported you will notice that consumption and pollution is quite comparable to that of an automobile or even better! : Mrgreen:

Exact, and besides an article I had made on this subject earned me a lot of criticism: https://www.econologie.com/avions-et-co2 ... s-715.html

However, with a little hindsight, there is still an important fact to take into account: an airplane travels in a few hours the annual distance of an average car ... in other words, we rarely drive 5000 km in one go ...

Flytox wrote:In fact it is not yet quite expensive this Kerosene. (Now I'm making lots of friends ... Ouch!)
:|

Not at all, all the econologists should agree with your words (all the greens also in fact ...). Would you also be a fan of Jancovici? : Cheesy:
0 x