Greenpeace infiltrates Belleville nuclear plant

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Greenpeace infiltrates Belleville nuclear plant

by Christophe » 28/03/07, 10:58

Since FR2 newscast last night: Greenpeace activists entered a nuclear power station (Belleville-sur-Loire) and climbed a cooling tower to "post" anti EPR messages. The case was resolved after intervention by the GIGN ...
: Shock:

This action raises (at least 2 questions):

1) The ease of entering a nuclear power plant ...
2) ... but above all the intervention time of the plant's security personnel (13 HOURS !!!!). Indeed, the activists had time:
a) access the foot of the tower
b) to climb (several hundred meters)
c) rappelling it down
d) display their messages ...

In the genre: I want to give ideas to terrorists (real villains this time), there is nothing better ... and thank you to the media for having relayed the information massively (as usual with Greenpeace)

More: http://www.greenpeace.org/france/news/2 ... a-centrale
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 28/03/07, 11:22

Hello,

I find it rather healthy to alert public opinion to letting it go in the surveillance of so-called sensitive sites.

Currently the police have too much to do in their repression of the average citizen in the name of "zero tolerance". We are not going to ask them in addition to deal with things as trivial as a nuclear or industrial complex. : Evil: .

A few years ago I visited a nuclear power plant, and the "public relation" which welcomed us emphasized the security of the site, the gendarmes on the alert 24 hours a day ... while specifying that EDF believed pacifist action to be more likely than a "hypothetical" act of terrorism ...

Regarding the possibility of an attack, we can take inspiration from the 11/9 scenario: it suffices to monitor the stock market transactions on Areva and EDF (see "insider trading" on the airline sector one week before 11/9).

In short, in the event of a massive sale of shares by a few investors, do not stay downwind of a central ...

Jean63, do you want to ensure this citizen alert cell? : Lol:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/03/07, 14:52

Jean63, do you want to ensure this citizen alert cell?

I read by chance this post and there I did not follow! can you clarify your thought? thank you. : Lol:

Ah OK .. the stock market; no pot I only have a few Alstom shares at the moment (for about 2 years) and I have very little control over the rest, but it is clear that there may be an indicator at this level ..
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/03/07, 18:00

one might indeed believe that it is not necessary to ensure high security at the level of the cooling towers, a non-radioactive zone.

This seems to me to be a mistake: a few sticks of dynamite well placed at the level of the pipe which brings water from the secondary cooling circuit to the tower can cause the primary circuit to overheat very quickly.

the slightest error in shutting down the reactor and it's Chernobyl 2.

(It was because of a trial shutdown of the reactor that the disaster occurred, "because we had not thought that"

Besides, you don't even have to enter the site to cause serious damage to a nuclear power plant! But don't count on me to publish the method on the internet.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 01/04/07, 01:16

elephant wrote:Besides, you don't even have to enter the site to cause serious damage to a nuclear power plant! But don't count on me to publish the method on the internet.

Uhhh, no, I'd rather not.
I am not one of those people who are desperate to be able to say "you see, I was right, nuclear power is not as trivial as they wanted to tell us."

To have been right the second before his death, I'm not sure that gives any bonus with St Pierre.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/04/07, 19:01

I never intended to do that either .... :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 02/04/07, 00:16

Overall, nuclear is less denigrated than in the recent past (simply for the last presidential campaign of 2002) for the simple reason that we have less emphasis on global warming (therefore CO2 emissions) period. and that we totally forget all the other dangers that threaten the planet. For example, I come back to diesel with its fine particles which will wreak havoc in the explosion of lung cancer in the next 10 years and yet diesel there is nothing better because it sends a little less CO2 than gasoline or LPG. Let's not talk about the coal-fired power stations which are supposed to recover the CO2 emitted alos the system is not yet developed.

We are announcing anything right now, in a rush, there are no good decisions.

I am very pessimistic: nothing effective in terms of emission of CO2 and pollutants, particles, chemistry, etc. on the ground ... will happen in the decades to come when we see the explosion in China and India (among others) and no dream about the USA which will lower their emissions by going to exploit oil from Alaska.

If things are to go off, it won't be human efforts to stop the massacre that will make a difference. : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 10:48

Belleville-sur-Loire nuclear power plant: Greenpeace condemned

The twelve Greenpeace activists who entered the Belleville-sur-Loire nuclear power plant site on March 27, were sentenced on July 4 to a 3-month suspended prison sentence by the Bourges (Cher) criminal court. The twelve Greenpeace activists climbed one of the plant's two cooling towers to paint the slogan "EPR = Danger" in the middle of the presidential campaign. The activists were convicted of "unauthorized entry into a site of national defense". The court did not impose a fine on them and attached the conviction to confiscation of all the equipment used in this action, said a statement from Greenpeace.
This is the heaviest sentence ever pronounced against Greenpeace activists in France, deplores Yannick Rousselet, in charge of the Energy campaign of the environmental organization. be considered competent to deliberate on such a case which, in theory, must be judged by a military tribunal since a nuclear power station is considered as an area looking at national defense, Yannick Rousselet is surprised. Greenpeace has indicated that it will appeal this decision and hopes that the Grenelle de l'Environnement will be the occasion for a real debate on France's energy policy and that the construction of the Flamanville EPR reactor will be called into question.

Source: http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _3001.php4
0 x