2013, the end of oil

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
nytros
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

2013, the end of oil

by nytros » 12/05/06, 18:01

Tonight documentary fiction on RTBF

2013, the end of oil

Friday 12/05/2006; The News (RTBF1) 22:45

We are in 2013, the liter of petrol costs € 3,5 at the pump and then, suddenly, it is announced that the oil wells are dried up and the world reserves exhausted. A few attacks, the lies of the oil companies and the governments of the producing countries have got the better of this declining energy source. If we had prevented this event, the inevitability of which we had known since the beginning of the century, if we had invested in research and diversified the sources of energy, the situation would not have been so dramatic. But now, nobody wanted to see or know. This fiction, interspersed with expert testimony, spares neither the media, nor politicians, nor the oil companies. The scenario is by no means exaggerated. Didn't George Bush, in his January 31 State of the Union address, say that his country must cut oil imports by 75% in the next twenty years?

Edit, you can watch it here in full: https://www.econologie.com/docu-fiction- ... -3662.html
https://www.econologie.com/docu-fiction- ... -3663.html
https://www.econologie.com/docu-fiction- ... -3664.html
0 x
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

TV other media

by AVEVA » 12/05/06, 19:05

AVEVA does what it can, a site which is not very user-friendly but which clearly exposes the phenomenon of depletion and even more serious global warming.
AVEVA advocates the union of all the conscious to sensitize public opinion to an adaptation necessary today.
Politicians "don't want to see or know" and the others either, it's so huge to imagine a world without oil that nobody wants to believe!
When JM. Jancovici declares in a "crossword puzzle" that petroleum is a commodity whose exploitation began from scratch 150 years ago that exploitation will go through a maximum before decreasing to zero, no intervener in the debate does not raise it, each one to wonder what is this enlightened !!
Sorry, maybe there was one who asked him how he could know !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/06, 19:11

I'm going to watch this fiction!

Is there the possibility to recover the streaming video on their site?
0 x
nytros
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nytros » 12/05/06, 20:52

no I don’t think it’s possible,
the only thing we know to have is the news (and again I tried it didn't work)
And to save it no TV acquisition card on the computer.

If someone has one it manifests
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 13/05/06, 14:20

When JM. Jancovici declares in a "crossword puzzle" that petroleum is a commodity whose exploitation began from scratch 150 years ago that exploitation will go through a maximum before decreasing to zero, no intervener in the debate does not raise it, each one to wonder what is this enlightened !!
Sorry, maybe there was one who asked him how he could know !!!

He could barely speak, but he still had a smile that spoke volumes. In a few years, if it is still there, it will be in high demand and very listened to in this type of program, but there they take it for an illuminated jar! : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/08/06, 22:19

A report on the oil producers' profits.
on FR2, 20 p.m. newspaper:
http://jt.france2.fr/20h
Click on SUPER PROFITS OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES
in the right menu.
----------
Must see the tone of Carole, to announce this!
Basically, while we are suffering, the Arabs profit from it, when they do not know what to do with their money.
They are trying to place for a future in this resource.
Strange oriented speech ... to announce what in a while? : Evil:

We forget that in the producers there are the USA, Russia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Venézuela, Nigeria ....
While above, there are the refiners and the whole industry who earn even more, and above the states who earn enormously more, and above the assholes who consume.
They could buy Edf, the stock market, etc., but they do ...
By cons I do not understand why the state which earns more than 80% of the finished price, is not able to keep Edf?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
geko
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by geko » 07/10/06, 16:30

The PLANETE chain seems to redistribute 2013, the end of oil this Wednesday, October 11, 2006. But I do not have this chain. Is it possible to download it somewhere?

A +, Sylvain.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 07/10/06, 20:36

there is another possible cause of a sudden scarcity of oil, it is a nuclear war in the middle east. Israel is balancing its arsenal on the Arab countries, suddenly the whole area is vitrified and the oil exploitation stopped dead.
Today, we can only note that the probability of such a scenario increases ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: 2013, the end of oil

by freddau » 07/10/06, 20:38

nytros wrote:Tonight documentary fiction on RTBF

Friday 12/05/2006; The News (RTBF1) 22:45

This fiction, interspersed with expert testimony, spares neither the media, nor politicians, nor the oil companies. The scenario is by no means exaggerated. Didn't George Bush, in his January 31 State of the Union address, state that his country must cut oil imports by 75% in the next twenty years?

mmhh?
I had read an article in the times, yes it happened to me once. In an article after a meeting between producing and consuming oil countries.
Prod countries called on other countries to diversify .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/06, 22:51

It’s happening right now on Planet for those who have it.

2013: THE END OF OIL

By mixing interviews with experts with a drama led beating beating, Stéphane Meunier signs a credible disaster film on a France deprived of oil.

The starting point: the oil companies have overvalued their reserves of black gold since the 80s. Arguing technological advances which make it possible to exploit new deposits, they have increased their reserves by up to 50%. The producing countries did the same: in 1984, Saudi Arabia announced thus 166 billion barrels, in 1988, 258 billion. By manipulating the figures, some saw their stock market prices soar while others obtained advantageous loans. Despite the increase in the price of oil, the system lasted until 2013. In that year, a terrorist action cut the supply of black gold and in ten days, the world sank into chaos. Because it is not only gasoline which is running out, oil being used in other sectors of activity. A large part of the population is unemployed; petrochemicals, the pharmaceutical industry or the textile industry are in disarray. This credible scenario is based on numerous interviews that Stéphane Meunier mixes with fiction. Nicolas Sarkis, director of the journal Pétrole et Gaz Arabe, confirms that "in the 1980s the OPEC countries carried out completely unexpected and considerable reassessments of their proven reserves" and underlines that "There is no independent body which checks the figures given ”. Jeremy Rifkin, director of the Economic trends foundation wonders if "the decline will start around 2010 as pessimists think or in 2040 as optimists think?" Yves Cochet, MP for Paris, under the label of Greens and Jacques Attali of Planet Finance, confirm the fall in oil reserves around 2020, which will cause a brutal change in the system in which we live ... if we do not develop others sources of energy and you can't imagine an economy that works differently.
Last edited by Christophe the 01 / 06 / 11, 12: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"