Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by phil59 » 02/11/22, 00:43

cumulus consumption 2022.JPG
cumulus consumption 2022.JPG (14.17 KiB) Viewed 2596 times

I have a gas cumulus, I no longer have the capacity in mind, but it's more than 110L, and less than 150L.

There are only 2 of us left at home, except very often the little girls on Wednesdays, and a few weekends when one of my friends who lives 200 km from the house comes home.

THE gas consumption is around 300 kWh, and knowing that July-August, we were not there much, we can say 1 day out of two, on average, and that from October 24 to 29, I I was gone too, it seems that the presence at home, does not change much.

The dishwasher is connected directly to hot water, but when you're not there, no dishes.

My boiler having broken down at the end of April, or the beginning of May, it is indeed a consumption only for hot water.

The boiler that I tried to repair at the beginning of September does not work, and I have another that I have to reassemble, which has hot water production....

It's really strange that it remains so stable in terms of consumption, from one month to the next, there or not, there is a 15% difference... And still...

Does this mean that the cumulus "eats" about 250 kWh just to keep it water at TP?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption

by izentrop » 02/11/22, 01:12

phil59 wrote:Does this mean that the cumulus "eats" about 250 kWh just to keep it water at TP?
A standard 150 l electric cumulus consumes 1.794 kWh/day to maintain the temperature at 65° without drawing water.
You seem to consume 5 times more :?: : Shock: https://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Fic ... /index.pdf

I measured with my 200 l balloon, I measure 2 kWh/day without drawing water at 20°.
Since then, I have overinsulated it with 6 cm of polyurethane, but have not yet had the opportunity to take a measurement (from the world to the house).

And what is the kWh of gas, because in electric it is night rate?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/11/22, 01:57

No night tariff, now the kWh of gas is a little less than 9 cts it seems to me, before it was more in the 6 cts, it seems to me.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/11/22, 08:18

It's weird this consumption out of use...
For example, the exact consumption of your gas pilot in one year is 100 m3. The equivalent of this figure in kWh is: 100 m3 x 9,9 kWh/m3 = 990 kWh. You must then multiply this figure by the rate indicated on your contract (example €0,06/kWh), i.e.: 990 kWh x €0,06/kWh = €59,4. This final figure therefore represents the cost of consuming your pilot light.
https://www.happ-e.fr/actualites/commen ... t-son-cout It's less than 100 kWh/month, should you look elsewhere?
Significant fixed part?
Poorly insulated water tank?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/22, 10:16

izentrop wrote:
phil59 wrote:Does this mean that the cumulus "eats" about 250 kWh just to keep it water at TP?
A standard 150 l electric cumulus consumes 1.794 kWh/day to maintain the temperature at 65° without drawing water.
You seem to consume 5 times more :?: : Shock: https://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Fic ... /index.pdf

I measured with my 200 l balloon, I measure 2 kWh/day without drawing water at 20°.
Since then, I have overinsulated it with 6 cm of polyurethane, but have not yet had the opportunity to take a measurement (from the world to the house).

And what is the kWh of gas, because in electric it is night rate?

"Without drawing water"...consumption depends on what you draw on it!

A teenager eats you 5 kWh per shower (when they take one... : Mrgreen: )
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by izentrop » 02/11/22, 10:28

Christophe wrote:"Without drawing water"...consumption depends on what you draw on it!
A teenager eats you 5 kWh per shower (when they take one...)
but also the heat loss of the insulation between 2 "recharges".
It was while we were away one weekend, measured with an energy meter.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/22, 10:42

Of course, thermal losses are incompressible "background noise" consumption, we talked about it quite a bit on this subject: water-pumping-filtration / transforming-a-solar-DHW-tank-into-thermodynamic-water-heater-with-a-small-swimming-pool-t17035.html

As a reminder, last year with the heat pump I was at around 1 kWh net electricity per day (with underdraft) according to the wattmeter on the plug... for a 300L tank...

I will soon have more precise daily consumption data, see the last message I posted just now.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/11/22, 10:50

Christophe wrote:Of course, the thermal losses are the incompressible "background noise" consumption.
Unless there is the possibility of increasing the thickness of the insulation.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/22, 10:53

Yes of course but 99% of people won't.

I had calculated and made the thermal balance of the old mine of 300L, do you remember?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/11/22, 10:55

Christophe wrote:
"Without drawing water"...consumption depends on what you draw on it!

A teenager eats you 5 kWh per shower (when they take one... : Mrgreen: )

When I say without drawing water, we left a lot in July August, for periods of 3-7 days at a time, and we can say that we were not at home more than 15 days out of thirty in July August.

In June, almost every weekend we left, and in September not, maybe a weekend.... And October no weekend, but left between the 24th and 29th.

The cumulus is in the cellar, 2 put under the kitchen sink, and 5 from the ground floor shower, and 3 from the downstairs bathroom sink.

For the top bathroom, there is a lot of length, but at the top it is a bathtub, and little used compared to the shower.

I isolated the drain valve a long time ago to the cumulus, as I find that the "nose was hot", but did not make the "tube" tank any longer than it was originally.

For cooking, it's electric, so the gas consumption, I'm sure, is only the hot water tank from June to September, because no more boilers are installed, and a 2-day test in October with a boiler that has not started .... and there I am waiting for 2 pairs of arms that will fix the "new" boiler to me ....
The "new" boiler has a hot water production, but without real reserve.

I am in a very calcareous region....
0 x