Hydrogen and Iceland .... they know

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Hydrogen and Iceland .... they know

by jean63 » 08/03/06, 14:33

Icelanders are very advanced in this area:

http://terresacree.org/hydrogene.htm

If the Icelandic government supports the project, it is in particular that it hopes that the country will export its technologies and know-how, as it currently does in the field of geothermal energy.

I forgot to ask Mr. Lecler if he proposed his invention to Iceland. Normally, it should be a good test, because they will not go there by 4 ways: they will find out if there is a scam or not (ditto for Japan).

Pioneer Iceland:

When these transformations are completed, Iceland will import less oil and reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 70% compared to today, which is not nothing, because although Iceland, with its 265 inhabitants only, being sparsely populated, its car fleet and fleet are large. The last census counted 000 cars, 132 buses and coaches and 468 fishing boats.

If all goes according to plan, Iceland can therefore count on a substantial economy. Such a technological feat deserves, if it is realized, to be imitated by other countries since it would make it possible to partially solve the worrying problem of urban pollution. In this perspective, Iceland is a pioneer and its experience could have important consequences for the environment of the planet.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 08/03/06, 16:22

ah but yes!

In Reykjavik there is also the first hydrogen station in the world, which supplies all the buses of the capital and it is ... SHELL who sticks to it
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/03/06, 20:43

The problem is that the extract quoted is taken from a popular science review which dates from ... 1999! :?

Since then, many developments have been made on the hydrogen CAP and it is still very far from being a generalizable solution, mainly because of a monumental cost, of the order of 3000 € / kW or a hundred times higher than cost of a heat engine.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/06, 21:47

ESSENTIAL question (sorry pun intended): what was in 2005 is the exact% of this famous "100% green" energy in Iceland? (in other words what% of cars drive without petrol?)

The answer is very little in my opinion (we are content with a few fleet of "urban" vehicles financed by Shell to not just upset the tankers and especially give them a great image: "Look at what we do there but above all you can not imitate! ") while knowing that the Icelandic solution is in no case transferable to the rest of the world (except in isolated cases) since the island has geothermal deposits like nowhere else ... and to say that JL Perrier is dead for already more than 20 years ... Look for ERROR !!!
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 03 / 06, 21: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/03/06, 21:51

1999, actually I saw that, but I saw a report recently on this subject and I believe that they are far ahead in reality ... in 2006,

bob_isat, you who know, can you tell us where you get your info?

In Reykjavik there is also the first hydrogen station in the world, which supplies all the buses of the capital and it is ... SHELL who sticks to it
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/06, 22:22

jean63 wrote:bob_isat, you who know, can you tell us where you get your info?

Well, it's easy: it is marked in BIG on H2 buses or on H2 stations ... some pictures to illustrate:

jean63 wrote:1999, indeed I saw that, but I saw a report recently on this subject and I believe that they are far ahead in reality ... in 2006

Uh ... ahead of who and what?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/03/06, 22:54

jean63 wrote:[..] I believe that they are far ahead in reality ... in 2006, [...]
That you believe, that's great, but we're not talking about religion! : Wink:...

A little link to have a little fresher info? :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/06, 23:08

Zallé not start the 2 zigotos huh !!

: Evil:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 08/03/06, 23:28

Yes c still not worth taking the lead.
Everyone has the right to their convictions.
In order to get an idea about hydrogen, I would like to make a negative one because Mr Shell : Cheesy: will still eat the whole cake of the energy market, risking to make us freak out.

In short, in order to get an idea I have a few questions:

How many liters of water do you need to make a liter of H2?
How many watts do we spend making a liter of H2?
How many km can you expect to do with a liter of H2?

This is very likely to help us all to form an opinion.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/03/06, 09:53

Econology wrote:Zallé not start the 2 zigotos huh !!

: Evil:
Rolalala : Lol: Unwind a little once, make your zygomatic walk, it's good for health and morale! 8)
0 x