Yellow Vests: Is the call of the November 17 justified? #GiletsJaunes

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Yellow Vests: Is the call of the November 17 justified? #GiletsJaunes

by izentrop » 04/11/18, 16:43

So we read on social networks that the current increase in the prices of diesel and gasoline is the worst attack against citizens since the XNIXXth World War and the darkest hours in the history of humanity.

And it is true that unlike the fauna and flora that disappear without anyone getting excited, see the full Dacia Duster cost 25% more expensive is a shock perceptible by any individual with an IQ greater than 48.

the "power to buy diesel" is higher in 2018 than 1982 and is currently at about the same level as in the 2011 years.
SMALL GUIDE TO ANSWER THE DEBILES OF THE NOVEMBER 17 CALL. FUEL PRICES DO NOT "EXPLODE"

The increase in the price of oil can only benefit renewable energies.
1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: The November 17 call is justified?

by thibr » 04/11/18, 18:35

it's a good summary : Wink:
but why would the French leave an opportunity to moan and manifest : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/11/18, 18:52

The criteria selected are not the only ones relevant; it would also be good to take into account the evolution of the different sources of expenditure as well as the social differential. A higher SMIC with a constant euro does not mean everything and conceals, in particular, a relative decline in purchasing power compared to, not fuels, but to other social classes whose incomes grow faster.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/11/18, 22:08

Like everyone else it hurts my heart when I go to refuel my car, which is essential for the moment to earn a living. However, objectively it is very good that "conventional" fuels are expensive, it offers a certain viability to alternative solutions which will hopefully be more sustainable.
So I will not answer this call, especially since it will be useless.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/11/18, 22:33

Unfortunately, it will be more alternative consumption than real solutions ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 04/11/18, 23:22

As far as I'm concerned, I do not support this movement at all.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 05/11/18, 06:53

It is indicative of the ignorance of the majority of people. This increase in fuels mobilizes thousands, perhaps millions, while the disappearance of a species goes unnoticed.
This proves that if we were imposed real solutions to try to avoid chaos it would be the revolution.
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 05/11/18, 19:41

The reason for this mobilization is distressing, a whim of a consumer who is angry at seeing his sacred right to consume a little reduced.
But hey, even if this mobilization is a success nothing will happen. Blocking the roads on a Saturday will only hinder a few beggars, the protesters will quietly work the next Monday to pay for the fuel they have burnt in the plugs he himself created, a nice slice of fun for the string fencers .
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 05/11/18, 21:18

My god the people can be con !!!

And the populists so !!!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/11/18, 22:13

The appeal of November 17 joins the movement of the red caps against the "eco-tax".
This kind of indignation is typical of our society because it crystallises deep contradictions:
-On the one hand the will to want to preserve a mode of transport, the particular automobile and by extension the purchasing power (that is to say the power of action / modification on the environment) while the conditions necessary to maintain this one diminishes (peak all oil).
-On the other hand the inscription of this movement in full during period of "climatic steps".

So as said Jean Yanne:"Everyone wants to save the planet, but no one wants to take the trash out", that is to say that changes are desirable .... for others and for others on conditions that they do not interfere with consumption habits, in short, do not change anything to keep everything in place! : Lol:

For all that, treating the defenders of this type of movement as idiots or populists arises from a misunderstanding of "socio-energy" issues in our country (and in other industrialized nations).
For several years, we have seen a relative decline in purchasing power and a decline in so-called average classes (inflation at 2,2%).
Outside a social class is above all a class of energy, ie a group of individuals dissipating a given amount of energy and which guarantees their positioning in the order of precedence.
Inducing therefore in a group of individuals to format exponential consumption a diet irreparably leads to discontent, hence the emergence of social tension,so it's a perfectly normal thing.

What is objectionable to the extent made by the government,it is the complete absence of counterparties.
This tax * which brings in 3,9 billion / year will not be allocated to public transport but to the very hazy "energy transition", therefore included in the pocket of industrial monopolies.
In fact it is only 19% of the recipe that will be used for this cause, the rest being primarily a way to replenish the desperately empty coffers of the state and the poisoned gifts of President Macron.

It would have been advisable to increase the price of fuel according to a triannual readable calendar and to subsidize public transport so that it became free, to guarantee the piggyback and the development of the small railway lines.
With the measures of the government we will move towards the umpteenth tax mismanagement that will propel us when the time comes to a crisis that will be very difficult to get out of lack of adaptation, what is the saying:Governing is planning! : Lol:

* included in the TICPE which pays 37 billion / year.
4 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"