Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 14:08

For years I have rather liked the reasonings and analyzes of Jean-Marc Jancovici, in particular the comparison of the cost of "human" and fossil energy which he repeats in this presentation ... surely his best idea for make people understand energy ...

Yesterday I saw this presentation he made in 2013 in the National Assembly: https://www.econologie.com/rechauffemen ... nationale/

And then I start asking me questions about the profound role it has on society and decision-makers: indeed to say and harping for years that it is impossible that this will not help, that investment in renewable energy will not change the background ... etc ... etc ... that ... decision makers that would have the power to change, slowly but surely things will eventually do nothing ...and we stay on the same paradigm based on the depletion of fossil resources! Jean-Marc thank you !! :(

So I dare to ask the question: is Jancovici an idiot? Despite all the respect I owe to his intelligence !!

Be careful, "a con" does not mean the same as "con" at all! I like the character and I exchanged some very nice emails with him ... but his negativity is not going in the right direction: feet on the ground yes, but feet in the coal mines no!

A little evidence that he twists ... and others will follow very soon: https://www.econologie.com/portugal-ali ... ouvelable/
2 x
Christophe

Re: Jean-Marc Jancovici is it a con?

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 14:10

Here's the video:

It's long but it's good ...

ps: some "deputies" still seem to get bored ^^ : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/05/16, 15:25

I relayed some of Jancovici's work and lectures to my students,

"Janco" is a lively and brilliant mind. But Janco also rolls a little too much for the nuclear lobby, and I'm not caricature. This effectively leads him to ridicule the impact of renewable energies and to overvalue the benefits of fissile.

While Janco has very accurate and well-publicized energy diagnoses (he can conduct conferences with great energy, combining tongue-in-cheek humor and cutting-edge scientific discourse), most of his standpoint on what he must do is very close to the com 'Areva EDF et al.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 15:37

Yes I agree with that!

Funny this "Jancovici vision of things" because in 2016 there are more renewable GW installed on Earth than nuclear GW! I didn't even check, I'm sure!

GW installed it is certain that the renewable exceeds the nuclear TWh by cons in a product can be less certain ...

Who will find the answer in less than 5 minutes? : Mrgreen:
1 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 22/05/16, 16:37

Hello,

"in 2016 there are more renewable GWs installed on Earth than nuclear GWs! I haven't even checked, I'm sure!

GW installed it is certain that the renewable exceeds the nuclear TWh by cons in a product can be less certain ...

Who will find the answer in less than 5 minutes? : Mrgreen:"

in less than 5 min: load factor ....

"indeed to say and rehash for years that it is impossible that it will be useless, that investments in renewable energies will not change anything fundamentally ... etc ... etc ... so that ... decision-makers who would have the power to change things, slowly but surely, ultimately do nothing ... "

I believe that the bottom of the story lies in the handling of the "phynance pump" discovered by the writer Alfred Jarrry.

I do not know the details of the movement that brought europe to set a target to have 2020 20% renewable energy etc ... I have a slight suspicion that corporations who are the beneficiaries of these huge markets have at least one discrete movement of approval, public money is sacred, especially when it's the others who pay.

Do we live in a world with unlimited state budgetary resources? .Individually, when we walk into a store, we trumpet “put me what is most expensive?”. Should we expect this from our political decision-makers? and to the detriment of which social group?

To stick to the PV, a 3 basic installation kw was the heyday 8000 euros grant, 20 years 55 redemption cts kwh (around 3000X0.55X20 = 33000 euros). Funded in part by our taxes and especially via the CSPE that is to say consumer spending, Including smaller ....

We can do things with 41 000 euros and will have more impact than 3 kw peak PV (which produce useful energy actually how much?)

Part of me "wants to be in the picture" (like politicians), thinks that "good". Another part of me "no longer playing" doesn't feel like serving as a useful idiot

yves

I did not find the tag "quote"
0 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 16:50

yves35 wrote:I did not find the tag "quote"

I corrected your message :)

These are the perky right of a posted message or the 4ieme icon 1re line in the editing window ... to know which icon does what it is enough to fly and there is a small text that appears. ..
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 16:52

yves35 wrote: in less than 5 min: load factor ....

Ah yes bin necessarily: it is not the answer but the method ... without trying so, so it would roughly 5 times more renewable and nuclear GW on Earth that renewable TWh above the nuclear with 20% of global average load factor on all terrestrial renewable installations ...

I think it is playable!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 17:01

Found this "right of reply" that I wrote in 2008: https://www.econologie.com/dossier-noir- ... uvelables/

Sciences et Vie was also complicit in this "defeatist mentality" ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/05/16, 17:29

It's cool to Jancovici I've known and I've always said (and because of that, it had fallen on me ...!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 18:29

Obamot wrote:(And because of that, it had fallen on me ...!)

Well let's say that's all the other times you were wrong : Mrgreen:
1 x