Electricity shortage (in Belgium), blackout or power cuts planned for this winter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Electricity shortage (in Belgium), blackout or power cuts planned for this winter

by Christophe » 06/09/14, 11:18

Belgium has lost this year 3 these nuclear reactors for reasons of aggravated maintenance.

Conclusion: a big risk of shortage announced for this winter (long live electric heating). Suppliers have already planned load shed zones (6 zones).

Map in detail: http://economie.fgov.be/fr/consommateur ... age/carte/

Newspaper:

Electricity shortage: Here are the municipalities concerned by the load shedding plan

http://www.lalibre.be/actu/belgique/pen ... 6d4d53219a

Electricity: will we be in the dark this winter?

In recent months, there has been a fear that the country will have to live for a few hours without electricity. A fear reinforced by the latest study of Elia, the power grid manager who plans 49 to 116 hours without power.

(...)

http://trends.levif.be/economie/politiq ... 24735.html

Not easy to protect against a blackout

http://trends.levif.be/economie/entrepr ... 24719.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/09/14, 15:53

Normally, a distributor has "greedy" users under his elbow, for whom, for a very favorable rate the rest of the year, he requests the cut-off in the event of a peak, in particular all industries equipped with emergency units, which are then started ...

If it goes beyond that, it is indeed serious!

There are groups on Leboncoin!

[Namely that our heating systems are "electro-dependent": regulated boilers, circulation pumps ... I am just studying this because I have only limited confidence in our system, the network of aging distribution in France and risking to jump on such or such section in the event of a peak ... I stumble on a stupid problem: I cannot find data on the quality of the generated currents; are they or not of sufficient quality to supply boilers with sophisticated electronic plates - and expensive! - ??? Well, no manufacturer is talkative about the quality of its signal! Just on a chinoiserie, on the document attached inside, I have admitted that this device was not recommended for electronic circuits - computers, etc ... - they advised to go through an inverter .. .]
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/09/14, 11:49

Did67 wrote:[they advised to go through an inverter ...]
To power the electronics, there are groups with an integrated inverter ("inverter" group).
They also have the advantage that the frequency of the current is then independent of the speed of the engine.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/14, 12:00

That's what I thought too ... until recently, I read about a forum that someone had found a "square" signal on an inverter and said that the great advantage of the inverter, in fact, is the fuel savings, with the engine adjusting its speed, but that it was not a guarantee of signal quality!

[By the way, I also read that the Honda inverter make a signal almost perfect ... But for a price ... Honda !!!]
Last edited by Did67 the 08 / 09 / 14, 15: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/14, 12:36

Good note didi!

It does not surprise me that this is pseudo sine on inverter groups to 500-600 €

Because only the 1000W True Sine UPS costs in the 400-500 €! (half price for the pseudo sinus)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/14, 15:19

OKAY. I understood.

So Honda does not charge that its reputation (engine manufacturer) ... as I understand it.

What is crazy is that we do not find the characteristics of the signal (except that Honda confirms that we can connect the most sensitive devices ...HONDA EU20i provides an ideal current even for the most sensitive devices such as computers, televisions, sound equipment, etc ...

So after, indeed, everything depends on what is plugged on. If it's an old drill on a construction site, go for a chinoiserie ... If it's a little sensitive electronics ... must be hard!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/14, 15:30

Did67 wrote:.HONDA EU20i provides an ideal current even for the most sensitive devices such as computers, televisions, sound equipment, etc ...

To say this as an argument is not very valid: all these devices have an internal transformer power supply ... so their operation is not very sensitive to pseudo sine since the device therefore operates on a "transformed" current.

So at worst it is this internal transformer that wears faster!

So I think on the contrary that the screwdriver (and everything that has an electric motor) is much more sensitive than pure electronics ...

And the screwdriver that I connected to a pseudo sine was making a noise not very nice ... and I'm not talking about the peak current at startup (see the manual of all inverters: the maximum power of a motor powered by a inverter corresponds to approximately the 1 / 3 of the nominal power of this one)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/14, 17:53

OKAY.

I will end up being less stupid!

My specific problem is that I want to "ensure" the operation of my pellet boiler, which includes electronic circuits, motors, variable motors (the air fan has a variable speed, calculated by the control board ), circulators, etc ...

I think I'm not entitled to a crap signal, with that!

I suppose that on drills and tools etc, it is the power variator (thyristor, no ???) which must toast since it is based on a "cutting" of the sine wave ...

An all-or-nothing engine "beast", without regulation, must be more accommodating?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/14, 18:02

But I can not find the thread where someone had testified to having burned his computer I think ...

Bizarre, with what you say.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/09/14, 07:21

I searched the SDMO catalog a little bit last night.

The "rustic" groups (not Inverter, and sometimes not AVR - voltage regulation) are recommended for lots of construction equipment, drills, grinders, jackhammers, barn makers, etc ... depending on their power.

Therefore, it seems that "ordinary" electric motors (all or nothing), have no problem with these basic signals.

However, I noticed that only the "Inverter" groups had the mention: "drill to electronic regulation". So I think they produce a cleaner signal, compatible with electronic thyristor regulation (power / speed variation) ???

The market for these groups being the building sites, the question of electronic equipment (computer, TV ...) is not mentioned!

Afterwards, there are "domestic groups" in their catalog for isolated houses, etc ... and there, I suppose, that it is compatible for all uses. It is implied. But we are no longer in the same price range!

Finally, some groups (including Honda) are commonly caravan equipment manufacturers ; therefore, we "can think" that they supply all kinds of domestic appliances including rodi, TV, channels, Moulinex, fridge ... without posing a problem ...

For my boiler, having "controlled" fans (variable speed: adaptation of the combustion air flow to power modulation / regulation of the pellet supply), I came to the conclusion that I would need a Inverter!

I will direct my research towards caravan / mobile home equipment manufacturers ... [at least for research and identification of models]
0 x